Originally Posted by magnnum
There is no such thing as the 'best' citrus fragrance, I think it is much more appropriate to ask for a consensus amongst a given quorum.
IMO, the "BEST", most natural smelling, classy citrus scents are without question:
1. Creed Selection Verte (masculine citrus[lime, mandarin, lemon], with cooling mint, light clove, and wonderful green-floral base)
2. Hermes Concentre D'Orange Verte (unisex citrus[orange, lemon], with mango, papaya, and a patchouli/moss base)
3. Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte (unisex citrus [orange, lemon], with a light oakmoss base, short-lived but slightly more natural and less sweet than the concentre version)
4. Maitre Fraiche Badiane (classic citrus[tangerine, lemon], with a spicy star-anise base, surpisingly long lasting)
5. Creed Citrus Biggarade (classis citrus [bitter orange], incredible and delicious with an 18% oil concentration that still has poor longevity)
6. Maitre Eau Pour le Jeune homme (sweet citrus-flower/citrus[brazilian orange, lemon], long-lasting, sweet orange blossom (neroli) , with wonderful citrus top, and green leafy accents to support the star neroli)
7. Creed Neroli Sauvage (classic citrus-flower/citrus[bergamot, grapefruit, lemon] sweet, somewhat dry neroli scent with good longevity once the top notes fade leaving a sweet neroli flanked by leafy/herbal wild verbena (not lemon verbena), and a top that is near perfection for the 1st minute.
8. Miller Harris Tangerine Vert (unisex citrus[tangerine, lemon], fairly concentrated tangerine scent with green accents of petitgrain (leaves/branches from citrus tree)
9. Acqua Di Parma Colonia (classic floral/citrus[orange, lemon], long-lasting rose base with a lavender/citrus midrange, and tart, natural citrus top)
10. Acqua Di Parma Meditteraneo Arancia Di Capri (sharp unisex citrus[orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine], with moderate longevity, and a light base of spice/herb/musk
These scents all smell very natural, and very classy, so each one can legitimatly claim as a consensus "best".
Another scent I like, while not 100% natural-smelling (but still majority natural-smelling), is Truefitt & Hill's West Indian Limes (wet limes, other citrus, sweet long-lasting neroli&clove base)