Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto
Yes, they're good. They are deep, thick, rich, finely polished, and spare not expense. They are all memorable, have stand-out compositions, and are, to coin a phrase, anti-wimpy. I love a few, and respect the rest. A truly good house.
Agreed. It`s my favourite perfume-house. All of the male EDP are very high quality. The edp`s from Amouage gives me all I expect from a niche brand of this calibre. All of them smell good, but that doesn`t mean that I can use all of them. Gold is just to much for me to tolerate. To many sprays of this will make you sick.. There is no longevity problems with Amouage.
IMO, I will rank them like this:
1. Jubilation xxv. -This is the best fragrance I have smell so far. Ever! My favourite.
2. Epic. -Heavy stuff! masculine, powerful and strong. Not for kids! A masterpiece.
3. Dia. -Luxurious and refined for elegant day wear. IMO, also for evening wear.
4. Ciel. -Very unique complex fresh floral scent for men. Perfect for spring/summer.
5. Silver. -Classical, very elegant, "workhorse" scent. Fresh, crisp, woody and spicy. Smells great on eny occations.
6. Lyric. -Great floral rose based scent with strong sillage and longevity. Quite unique as a male-perfume.
7. Reflection. -In the Joop homme/Fleur du Male/Givenchy Pi-family. Smells nice, but can be to much if oversprayed.
8. Gold. -Luxurious, dense, and elegant. Expencive smell. To feminine for my taste..