Originally Posted by socalwoman
You know you've lived in So Cal for a while when you are uncannily accurate at telling the approximate location and Richter scale rating of earthquakes while they are occurring.
Oooo, that's definitely true.
You know you've lived in Los Angeles for a while when ...
(1) you're not surprised that while driving on the 405 you can see people riding bikes on side streets going faster than you,
(2) 20% of your disposable income goes to either a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon, a therapist, or a fortune teller,
(3) you forget what clouds look like,
(4) you think it's normal for the city to put a sign on a streetlight explaining that it won't be fixed because you were too damned cheap to vote for a bond issue,
(5) if a woman approaches you in a bar, you immediately wonder if she's really female,
(6) you aren't surprised when the person reporting foreign affairs on the local news is named "Bubbles," and she spends twice as much time covering a poodle's birthday party in Bel Air,
(7) you're surprised whenever you see a white pickup truck which isn't carrying a lawn mower in the back,
(8) half the people you know are "actors,"
(9) you're not surprised to see the President drive past the Starbucks
you go to, and even less surprised to see that it doesn't make the traffic much worse than normal