Good evening, everybody. I hope you've all had excellent days. I got home from work and found my package of Gorilla Perfume samples from Lush, so I thought I'd babble through my impressions. Er, because these are my scents of the evening. I reek at the moment!Tuca Tuca
- Vile violet, it made me nauseous, I had to scrub it off. I like violet, but not this much of it. So sweet and cloying.The Smell of Freedom
- A disappointment. Neither woody nor spicy on my skin.Imogen Rose
- Interesting. Reminded me of Tauer's Vetiver Dance
- the vetiver accord is strong. I don't get much rose from it. It's initially quite powdery, but that fades. It's not as wild as Vetiver Dance. Good thing? Bad thing? I'm quite fond of Vetiver Dance, it's such a riot, so I guess for me it's a bad thing.Karma
- But where did it go? Seriously, I just put this on ten minutes ago. Ridiculous.Orange Blossom
- Pretty but mild. It reminds me of the essential oils I dabbled with as a teenager. Not sure I want to smell like this now.Vanillary
- I'm really not sure what to do with this one! I like it a lot. It's the smokiest vanilla I've ever smelled, but I love smoky perfumes. I'll probably buy this, it's pleasantly unusual.Lust
- Another one I'm tempted to buy. Apparently I'm a sucker for jasmine. This is all jasmine, not much wood here. It smells a little skanky to me! But it also reminds me of 24, Faubourg. And Joy. Wow, foolish comparisons, but that's where my brain goes. So I guess Lust isn't all skank.
Those are my brief, brief thoughts. I'm looking forward to testing these in more depth over the coming days, particularly Vanillary and Lust. But, god, I won't be touching Tuca Tuca again. No way!