If at all possible, I avoid bringing an actual perfume bottle. For perfume to wear while traveling I take decants, in a Ziploc, in my carry-on.
But if I buy perfume on the trip, of course I have to get it home, and then I'm travelling with a bottle.
If packing in checked luggage, I put the bottle in its original box, put the box in a Ziploc, zip it, put that in yet another Ziploc, and put at in the very middle of the clothes in the suitcase.
But I prefer not to check perfume. I try to avoid buying bottles larger than 100ml while travelling by air, because I _can't_ carry them on.
For carry-on, I:
- Pack the empty boxes in my carry-on.
- Wrap each unboxed bottle in an oversized Ziploc, so I can wrap it around the bottle for some cushioning, but Security can still see the bottle.
- Jam those semi-cushioned bottles into the one quart-sized Ziploc that I'm entitled to. I think I've gotten four, or perhaps six, bottles in.
- Go through Security, properly taking out that Ziploc for examination as liquid.
- After I leave Security, I sit down, unravel all the Ziplocs, put the bottles in their proper boxes, put a Ziploc around each box, and put the boxes in my carry-on.