In this exact order, here are my top ten:
1. Parfums de Nicolai - I really cannot even imagine niche perfumery without this house. So many paradigmatic, impeccable accomplishments, and so many scents that suit me. My favorites from this house are: Vie de Chateau, Number One, New York, Cologne Sologne, and Jardin Secret, though I love almost every one.
2. Amouage - For me, this house epitomizes luxury and refinement in fragrance. Not every Amouage suits me, but I appreciate the plush redolence of the whole line. I also adore the unisex potential of the men's offerings. My favorites are: Dia Woman, Ubar, Memoir Woman, and Ciel Woman.
3. Histoires de Parfum - I was so surprised by this house, which I only recently dove into. Not only were an astonishing amount of their scents instant favorite and to my mind flawlessly executed, but I also found the line to be fascinatingly diverse. I love that they have been unpredictable while remaining so quality-conscious. This line feels like a harvesting of world class perfumes from a wide range of sources. My favorites are: Colette, Casanova, Marquis de Sade, and Vert Pivoine.
4. The Different Company- My favorites from this house are the original handful from Jean Claude Ellena, which are austere, ground-breaking beauties: Osmanthus, Bois d'Iris, Bergamote.
5. Divine - It seems Divine is 'all about' classical French scents, with an eye on refinement. The whole line is respectable, but the Divine original is the stand out. One of my favorite scents of all time.
6. MDCI Not a perfect line; some scents hardly stand up to designer cheapies. However, the few masterpieces of the bunch soar unrivaled, and are quite haunting. I love Invasion Barbare, Peche Cardinale, and Promesse de L'Aube
7. Lubin - A true original, and very affordable. The new offerings from this line are EXCITING.
In love with Itasca, Gin Fizz, and Bluff.
8. Parfumerie Generale - A really boldly modern and powerful line. Ranging from too-odd-to-enjoy to strangely-perfect. Luminaries from this line include Corps et Ames and Cuir d' Iris.
9. Fragonard - A classic. With many simple-yet-elegant offerings. And no riff raff. My favorites are Caresse and Rendez Vous.
10. Delrae- Floral fragrances that are wildly adventurous and stately at once! I love Debut, Coup de Foudre, and Amoureuse.