Originally Posted by vizcol
I'm looking for a new cologne, but I want something manly. Any recommendations?
Currently I owned Creed's SMW, GIT and IM, and Bulgari black.
Manly is subjective to ones age, location, alpha vs beta male. And total sniff-years experience. 5 years ago I had maybe 5 fragrances and would have scoffed at many in my collection.
But if you're asking which frags come across as having a pair, they've been lined up already. In descending order:
1. ELd'O Secretions Magnifique. It smells like freshly chopped bulls testicles. Blind buy. Can't go wrong. (jk)
2. Azzarro Pour Homme - Tea, Florals, Spices, more Tea. But it smells like its 1978 and you've been working out with Arnold.
3. Dior Farenheit : Gasoline :: Bulgari Black : Rubber
4a. Kouros - the way your dad smelled when he was a young man, talking up the ladies, smoking cloves, drinking whiskey.
4b. Aramis - the way your grandfather smelled etc while doing all these things and being much cooler than you
5. Quorum - it's a 1980's action movie set in forested area. sweat, lots of green, some bugs, some dirt, a splash of mint.
6. Creed Acier Aluminum - knight's steel armor and trousers have been unearthed somewhere in the UK and youre the curator in charge of cleaning them. after 2 days of cleaning, this is the best u will get them to smell.
7. Antaeus - old basement furniture
8. Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - the leather inside a restored Jag E-type Coupe
9. YSL Rive Gauche - Barbasol original shave cream + Kouros.
10. Lalique Encre Noir - Bruce Wayne
11. Creed BdP - what GIT's dad smelled like when he was ... oh nevermind
12. Montale Woods and Spice - take the classic woods/spice combo and add radioactive polar bear urine. dries down nicely.
there are many others, but that's it for now