Originally Posted by invaderzim
Basically I don't like fresh/aqua/blue/citrus frags which are usually associated with summer. I'm a gourmand/oriental fan but am willing to compromise a bit in choice of scents for the summer (not that I really believe people on the street will point to me in horror if I wear Rochas Man or Zino in July but you know what I mean)
I find Cool Water tolerable but everyone wears it. I tried a sample of Eternity again today but that sharp/bitter/whatever it is note that I find in summer frags came thru loud and clear and made me gag.
Can anyone suggest something along the lines of what I do like but is versatile enough to wear during the hot months also?
My favorite category is Orientals, so I hear you.
Easiest solution: Guerlian Vetiver.--Vetiver tends to be an acquired taste; but it'll grow on you.
Annick Goutal Vetiver contains some marine notes as well.
(Toughest solution; to hell with it, get HAVANA by Aramis--it's not gourmand/oriental really but let's say it comes close compared to the other choices. Unless the temperature is over 100 degrees you might pull it off!)
OK Onwards with summer:
Moving upscale (read expensive)
Acqua di Parma Colonia
The Already mentioned Caroline Herrera 212 H2O
360 Degrees Red for Men by Perry Ellis
Set Sail South Seas for Men by (don't cringe) Tommy Bahama
Getting creative and skipping citrus and aqua altogether:
1. Bowling Green--discontinued so a bit hard to find. Go online. It's a great " Aromatic " What's "Aromatic?"--Check the reviews
2. Bay Rum!--- St. John's or Royall's has some of the best longevity.
3. Infusion by Bombay Sapphire--Yep. Just hope you don't get pulled over by a cop, it smells like B.S. Gin.
(Quite cooling, though).
4. Green Tea with Mint by L'Occitane.---Perhaps a bit too cheerful? But go to a L'Occitane store if there's one nearby. Try out their testers.
5. Quasar--half insane but unusual, again, check out the reviews.