Originally Posted by MonkeyBars
Hey Surfacing -- what's the deal with Oud Absolu?
- Does it still have the funky mandrake root note? (that might be what gives the cherry effect)
- How does the amber/sweetness amount compare? (M7 can get a bit sweet in the drydown)
- How does the oud amount compare?
- What about the dark citrus opening?
- Is there a lot more patchouli?
Hey man, M7 is really well blended ( in a good way)....so if there is patchouli in Oud Absolu, it does not stick out. I didn't notice it sticking out in the previous renditions of M7 either.
I honestly don't see the opening as dark citrus. I am also not the best with notes. That being said, the opening is just similar to the previous versions of M7, but perhaps more medicinal and longer lasting than the first reformulation ( I have not spent enough time with it to be sure).
Still have the ambery sweetness and the cherry effect. If you like the previous version of M7, you will like this. But that is just according to me
I think they are quite similar.
If there is a positive here, thank goodness YSL is not discontinuing this one