Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
For those who don't do decants....can I ask why? Is it a collectors thing where you prefer to have the bottle? Or is it down to fear of degradation during the decant process?
Main reasons for not doing decants:
1. Very expensive relative to samples (free) or bottles on a per ounce basis.
2. I like things in the real bottles.
3. I try to get 4-15 ml. of things I won't use very much. Much cheaper and more convenient than decants. Then I buy larger sizes if I think I will be using a lot of them.
4. Decant companies seem flaky and unbusinesslike (see "Surrender to Chance" scandal).
5. Decant bottles are boring and all look the same, like something out of a Chem lab.
6. You never really know what's in those things.
I keep considering decants for things it is impossible to get otherwise, don't come in small sizes, or are absurdly expensive in full bottles, but have always had other priorities.