Wow, that is unfortunate about the package. My goodness. I was just about to post that I haven't received the package yet and wondered what was going on. But now I know. Sorry to hear!- - - Updated - - -
So, I got the Goutal pass yesterday
. Thanks CN.
Nuits d' Hadrien
Orange rind..bitter orange, perhaps neroli or orange blossom opens this up. Leans on masculine, patchouli. A fresh, zingy orange citrus..gets slightly sweeter, softer..vanilla? I get mostly a dark but fresh tangy orange with patchouli on the overhang. This is mostly orange..and something powdery. Vanilla could be making it powdery though. Lemon note I get. This could be worn by a man or woman. A lot of orange here. I get woody notes, sandalwood. Don't get a whole lot of florals though. Perhaps a discreet jasmine, not sure. Lemony and woody notes hang around for quite a while. So, opening..orange and orange rind with patch, vanilla makes an appearance through the middle notes. Orange turns to lemony-woody. Lemon note goes on forever. Lemony-herbal. Then sandalwood.
So, orange-y patch>vanilla peaking through>lemon-y woods.
Ok, so eventually I looked it up lol..basil is listed and I've got to say..the basil note is really strong in this. That's mainly what I get in the middle there. So, orange-y patch>vanilla peaks through>lemon and basil(strong)>sandalwood.
Basil has a nice scent to it but I wouldn't want to wear basil. A man could easily wear this. Says it's for women but this is clearly unisex. Definitely is masculine. I see this on a man more than a woman. Similarities with Polo Explorer came to mind. But far less masculine. This is more creamy too. I think men who like perhaps Edition Blanche may like this scent(if they also like strong herbal) if a man decided to wear it. Though, it's clearly more focused on orange at first but that strong lemon note makes an appearance before too long.
Liked the orange and patch but became too lemony basil forever. Not enthused.Sables
: first impression, Brut with nuts. LOL.
Yep..so sampling on paper..Brut with nuts. And something like praline(must be the immortelle)..sweet candied nuts/praline and Brut LOL. I can barely stand to sniff it. LOL. Got to be a men's scent? Herbal like Brut. Powdery. Very strong scent. A couple spritzes will last you forever. Light hand on this one. Can I leave it at that?
Can you tell I am not into AG that much so far? LOLLa Mimose
: Yellow bright, almost lemon(mimose smells nearly lemony to me-that bright yellowness to it) & musk. Musk note is strong in this one. *sigh* I don't even want to review it. lol. Just mimose, peach and musk. I like the peach note as it's pretty strong
. But it's a deep, yellow peach not entirely sweet to me. Slightly underripe peach. But a fuzzy peach with the fuzzy peach skin..I like that. A green note. *sigh*. Woody and musky on the dry down. Peach note is pretty alright..but a pass for me.
None of these I liked so far except the opening to Nuits...and a tiny bit of that nice, big peach note in Mimose
. But too yellow of a peach for me..though, still nice. I'd want sweeter peach & no musk or greens. No musky peaches for me please.
Need to take a nose break. So, going to make the rest pretty short. I know, not in the spirit of sniffs but I've been on a sniffa-palooza for a while now and my nose is really needing a break. So..here a goes nothin:
Very short impressions on each of the rest:Songes
- sweet jasmine, perhaps honeysuckle and alas.. gardenia..strong jasmine...and it's mostly jasmine..I like that but gardenia kills it. Pass. Smells like 60% jasmine 30% gardenia..10% honeysuckle or other. Lol, I know.Passion
- Patch I get and herbal. Lavender? Super masculine. Smells like strong, aftershave splash. Pass.Eau De Camille
..Grassy, like a grassy field..herbal with a wood spice. Really fresh. If you are craving grass/greens to the point where you want to nibble on some tree branches..this is for you. Woody..kinda like the realistic grass/woody. But a pass for me. But there are things I like about it..fresh and super realistic greens. But don't think I'd get a bottle.Folavril
- Refreshing floral, white, peach? Or something similar to a peach. Like the fruity+ jasmine. Smells a bit musky. Other than that.. kinda like it. A mix of florals including rose. Rose is pretty strong and noticeable..I get musk and greens...so pass on this. I gotta admit though..this would really be a good one in super high heat. It would be like an oasis in the heat. I like that aspect. But the notes don't do it for me. Almost but something goes awry. Not to mention the water-y note aspect to this. Awry.
Eau d' Hadrien
..like cutting open a fresh lemon. Like literally pure lemon juice on the skin. With the seeds and all. I like lemon but not that strong..pass.
Un Matin d' Orange.
.nice on the orange but a strong, creamy gardenia note.
. Pass.Gardenia Passion
- do I have to? *sigh* I will leave this sealed for the next sniffer. Gard + Tuberose? Someone else can enjoy it. lolEau d' Sud
- Lemon, earthy, herbal..masculine. A men's scent? Or uni. Really a bright verbena...but too herbal..too overly citrus-y lemon-y. Definitely a better verbena than a DKNY verbena. lol. I do like the earthy notes to this and a bit of the verbena..but pass.Heure Exquise
- ahh, well this is getting to be more up my alley! I was going to say violets but it got pretty earthy..iris and rose? Very nice floral. The rose joins in nicely with the iris. Strong on the florals. A slight make-up note. Powdery. With woody vanilla notes..not bad. Ok..then I get something ash-y..what is that about? Like cigarette ash? A quick ash note. Weird. My neighbor is a smoke-aholic..perhaps she lit up. LOL. I think it's just super powdery. Haha..you're an SA trying to sell a powdery/dusty fume and instead say ash-y. lol..wouldn't sell a lot of bottles there. I would say this is close but no cigar for me. So close. Aaah, I might wear this every once in a long while. Idk. I would say a must sniff for Whitefluffy
..like a soliflore..of something. LOL. Not good at guessing florals sometimes. It's aquatic to my nose. Lotus? Magnolia? Green though. Not really up my alley. Oh my gosh..Lys
..that is lily in French. LOL. Brain smog. lol. My Quebecois husband would be shaking his head at me. The fleur de lys is the main part of the Quebec flag. LOL. I am not too familiar with sniffing lilies or lotv for that matter..so, that's why I was amiss. Not sure if I am a fan of strong lily scents. I like a fresh, real lily..but have yet to find a lily scent I like thus far. This is a really green take on the lily. Really a clean, refreshing green lily. Would be great in the heat.
So..I kinda liked one-"Heure" besides the Le Violette. I wanted to like Songes cause of that jasmine..but darn on the gardenia! But Violette is the clear winner for me out of these. I have to say that these would be supreme scents in high heat. Like an oasis, as I stated earlier. I think if I were hot and sweaty and needed something refreshing..not necessarily "perfume-y" if that makes sense..I may want to head right over to an AG. But I probably wouldn't though...LOL. I'd grab an iced tea. Some AG scents are like taking a cool drink of water or having an iced tea in the heat though. I'll stick with a real iced tea though. I was hopeful I may like more AG scents after the Violette. But oh well, at least there was hope. LOL. Out of all the AG scents I've smelled thus far..I like Le Violette and Eau De Charlotte.
Mimi would probably like some of the ones with gardenia
That's that...that's all that was included in the pass I see. The little paper says there's more? But that's all there is. Will try to ship to RHM before too long.