Code of Conduct

Default Monthly Fragrance Expenditures

Many B'noters are from foreign countries - I do not mean to slight you by basing this poll on USA dollars; I don't know how to make it more 'user friendly'.

Also, it would have been more accurate had I asked, "What percentage of your monthly income do you spend on fragrances?"

For the first time in my life I am starting a budget - mortgage payment, etc. Was surprised to discover I typically spend between $100 - $150/month on frags. Of course, there are some months that I've exceeded $500 and some that I made no significant purchases. I roughly averaged my expenditures over the course of a year.

I suppose another indicator would be "How well do you know your UPS / FedEx / postal carrier?"

On re-reading this before posting, the worrisome phrase is 'no significant purchases'. Fragaholic code for less than $100. But you get free shipping over $75!

Default Re: Monthly Fragrance Expenditures

I've included in my expenditures the 'peripheral' items: oils; soap, lotion, shampoo and conditioner bases; pump and spray bottles. Making ones' own fragrances and bath products (and purchasing two or three 100ml or larger EDTs during the course of a month) doesn't necessarily save money.

I am disturbed that I'm the only one spending over 500 a month. I'm sure I'm not. Not too many people have taken the poll. Maybe I can make some of that back from decant sales. Yeah right :

Vegas -

Don't worry. Your secret is safe. The only quieter place is the DIY board.

Veronica.

Interesting. I thought the results would have yielded a bell curve. Or opposite results skewed towards higher spending.

Changes my perceptions of average Basenoter.

It does present a lot of questions: what proportion of decants to bottles, upper end to mass marketed, retail to discount to swap, etc. Longevity of membership in Basenotes influencing spending? Longevity change the way Basenoter spends?

Well I see the poll has closed but I have spent around $500 this month easily on frags and samples. Although I wouldn't necessarily say that is an average per month or anything. I am kind of mad at myself because I am supposed to be saving up money to take my little sister to Amsterdam for her 19th bithday and I promised her I would do it around dec/jan and its getting closer. There are lots of frags and lots of time so I plan on not spending as much next month, definitely.

Every dollar I spend is part of a fragrance that could have been...
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

For this year it is up to $246. That makes it over $50 a month and that is a little rediculous. I'm not even done. I just found Surge lutens' Chergui... I'm ready to buy that one. How do I stop!?

Very Interesting!

I caved a bought Chergui at a really good price. I was astonished. $77!!!!!!!!!!

That and the basenotes membership I just bought there is another $127 making this years total $374... WOW

I just spent over $100 each month on new stuff!! WOWOWOWOWOWO I'm crazy!! Make me stopp!!