Code of Conduct

Default Does this happen to you?

Does this happen to you:

You buy a scent and you absolutely fall in love with it. (I do this many times a month.) Delusional with your love for the scent you decide it is just too precious for you to wear regularly. Therefore you wear it once a month, if that.

And then you purchase more scents, as well as backups to the scent that you "love."

Maybe its just me...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Default Re: Does this happen to you?

Yes, I remember doing this some time ago. I think it's just a result of a natural hoarding instinct. These days, I have too many (not as many as you though) scents and have no prospect of ever using most if any of them up, so that trait has vanished and in it's place is a reluctance to add more. It's a reluctance that is easily overcome due to curiosity and insatiablity. :P

These days I find myself using the newer acquisitions and having to force implementation of last years stocks.

They do provide variety though.

j.

Thats the story of my entire Niche shelf!~

I used to do this when I bought en expensive shirt, I would be so excited to get it and then decided it was too expensive to just wear anywhere, and had to wait for a "special" occasion, and would only wear it maybe once or twice within the first year I got it! Then a year later I would just say "who cares" and wear it whenever and finally get some real use out of it. I only have that problem with scents when they are expensive decants of hard-to-find items like Serge Luten's Paris line.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, yes, sadly too familiar. Many scents are unavailable in my country (all the niche ones to be exact), so I fear using them up as I cannot easily replace them. Oh, and the extraits...so expensive so I feel I need to save tham as much as possible.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

I will be 49 years old, next week. LISTEN to me: life goes by very fast. I understand your anxieties, but the best thing to do, is to use the best of your belongings. What good are they, otherwise?? When I give a dinner party, I get everything out that I have, and I use it! If something breaks, it breaks. That's how it goes. Use your favorite fragrances, and enjoy them. You're only young once.

Post Thanks / Like

lollll it sure does Mr. K, but I hold no remorse. I must have 10 bottles of Evyan's Most Precious stashed away since it's not made any more, and 5 or 6 of the original Shalimar juice since I can't stand its synethetic smell of today's version, which literally makes me quesy. I definitely use them. Frequently.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

you sure end up with a lot of fragrances this way ... *cologne bottle falls out of overstuffed cabinet upstairs and breaks on floor*

DOH!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    I will be 49 years old, next week. ╩LISTEN to me: ╩life goes by very fast. ╩I understand your anxieties, but the best thing to do, is to use the best of your belongings. ╩What good are they, otherwise?? ╩When I give a dinner party, I get everything out that I have, and I use it! ╩If something breaks, it breaks. ╩That's how it goes. ╩Use your favorite fragrances, and enjoy them. ╩You're only young once. ╩
    here here! use it, love it, go for it....you know you will always have and will always buy more....and there is always a new favorite around the corner!

marlen

mtm

Quote Originally Posted by bwp
    I used to do this when I bought en expensive shirt, I would be so excited to get it and then decided it was too expensive to just wear anywhere, and had to wait for a "special" occasion, and would only wear it maybe once or twice within the first year I got it! Then a year later I would just say "who cares" and wear it whenever and finally get some real use out of it.
    thatźs funny! i know so well what you are talking about
    :

mtm

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    I will be 49 years old, next week. ╩LISTEN to me: ╩life goes by very fast. ╩I understand your anxieties, but the best thing to do, is to use the best of your belongings. ╩What good are they, otherwise?? ╩When I give a dinner party, I get everything out that I have, and I use it! ╩If something breaks, it breaks. ╩That's how it goes. ╩Use your favorite fragrances, and enjoy them. ╩You're only young once. ╩
    I like your style. Thinking of my frugal mom, she has beautiful things & many lovely scents that sit unused or 'til they evaporate. I want to scream at her: "This is no drill! This is not a dress rehearsal for some future life, this IS your life!" Wear your good stuff now. I love going out in sweats or jeans wearing my best stuff as it makes we feel like a million bucks.
    numbr9

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by czesc
    you sure end up with a lot of fragrances this way ... **cologne bottle falls out of overstuffed cabinet upstairs and breaks on floor* <br><br>DOH!
    Happened to me once. My Christian Dior Fahrenheit once toppled by the slight brush of my shirt as i was pulling it out of my wardrobe and before I knew it, it lay on the floor... smashed.. :'(

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tea for Two!! I purchases 1/3 of a 1.7 from my good friends on basenotes and ended up saving it for the most special of special occasions and even still didn't wear it. It was too precious and there was 1/3 of a bottle left!!! How could I choose when to wear it. I bought so many more since then to wear and left Tea for Two to collect dust. :-[

I recently bought a 3.4 oz bottle and now I can wear it more than all I want so I do!!! I am so much happier now that I wear it 2 times a week. MMMMMMMMM

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes! *Even though I now have Bois des Iles in a large edt I've only worn it two or three times. *The parfum seems too precious to actually use. Occasionally I sniff it. *I also have a bottle of Boudoir that I'm afraid to use. *I love it so much, but this fragrance has become ridiculously hard to find and I'm afraid I'll run out of it. *I suppose it's silly, but it's really how I feel.