Code of Conduct

Default A meeting with Mona di Orio

A meeting with Mona di Orio
    by Grant Osborne, 15 May 2006

Earlier this year we had the chance to meet Mona di Orio, a perfumer who had the opportunity to learn under Edmond Roudnitska for many years. She told us her story...

Read the rest of the article here...

Default Re: A meeting with Mona di Orio

Thanks for this lovely article, Grant!

I've been interested in her scents since reading Donna's raves of Nuit Noire... I quick-sniffed all three scents on cards in Brussels in February and ordered samples of Carnation and Nuit Noire last week to test them on my skin.

She's beautiful, btw: looks like a star of the silent screen!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I agree Tigs, she is a hot babe, very classy and elegant! I wonder if her fragrances refelct her soft, supple portrait? Maybe you can do a review Tigs. Great write-up Grant, I enjoyed the article!

I hope to get the samples this week so can test them and possibly even scribble a few words about them during the weekend... [smiley=happy.gif]
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thanks for the article! Gives us hope that there are people out there that won't take no for an answer that if you percevere, you get good results.
    I also thought she was very attractive! Love her nose, please never ever change it! it might damage your sense of smell! (well not reallybut still!)

Great article! Think I'm in love with her pic. Here's another article about her perfumes on Now Smell this , with also another link to an article.

http://nowsmellthis.blogharbor.com/b...4/1956149.html

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Thanks for the article! Gives us hope that there are people out there that won't take no for an answer that if you percevere, you get good results.
    I also thought she was very attractive! Love her nose, please never ever change it! it might damage your sense of smell! (well not reallybut still!)
    Her story is an inspiration to us all. Just goes to show that if you want something and work hard enough you can achieve your goals.

Jeroen - the brand designer is a great guy too - and a big fan of Basenotes!