Code of Conduct

Default What's your favorite pink lipstick?

I simply can't get away very often by wearing reds because I'm too fair complected, so let's get a pink tally going. My all time, knock 'em dead favorite pink is Dior's Fuschia Optic. Yowzers, babeeeee! Sally Hansen's Crystal Pink was my all time favorite, which I used to wear daily, but it's been discontinued for years, dammit. I need soft reds and pinks with blue undertones. Watermelon and Raspberry Glace by Clinique are also good ones for me.

It often puzzles me why some very expensive lipsticks are so dry. Maybe they've been in stock too long? I usually apply a gloss over all of 'em. I wish Sally Hansen would start manufacturing lipsticks again. There isn't anything that could compare to their lushness and moisturizing properties.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Default Re: What's your favorite pink lipstick?

My faves are Nars Funny Face, Revlon's Love That Pink, Wet N' Wild Hot Paris Pink, Chanel's Paris Pink & Coco Pink. I have to be careful about the amount of blue in the pink as my skin is pale, eyes are blue, & hair is blue/black. Sometimes a pink with too much orange or coral can drain the complexion, so I usually anchor the lipstick with a berry, fuschia or light plum liner.
    You're right about expensive lipsticks being on the dry side. The Chanels tend to be that way. The old Max Factor lipsticks in the navy blue tube were perfect - just the right amount of pigment, long lasting, and boy did they hold the moisture onto your lips. My favorite Max Factor pink used to be Rosewood. It truly matched the natural shade of one's own lips.

YSL no 18,its like the colour of your lips only better.

DONNA

Why not try Lancome? They have very beautiful shades of pink, and their new formula hydrates Your lips, so You don´t get dried out lips.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I like Revlon Pink in the afternoon, for a neutral more YLBB I like Benefit Flirt.

oops

As of late, I have discovered Black Radiance" Rouge a levres eclat longue tenue" in the shade "Queen of Hearts." It's a shocking, vivid bright pink loaded with moisturizers. It's not disco fuschia pink, it's more like a hot peachy pinky coral. Doesn't drown the face in blue. I also love "Cleopatra Red" & "Night Violet."

I have a hard time with pinks. I "help" my hair to be blonde but I pretty much have strawberry blonde coloring (and strawberry blonde hair no matter how much I "help" it). Pinks, especially with any hint of purple or blue, make me look like a corpse. Recently I found a pink that looks really good, though, and I bought it. It's American Beauty Candy Rose.

My coloring forbids pink lipstick...black hair, yellowish/olive skin and very dark eyes. I love pink, pink shirts look so nice on me, but as for lipstick, it has to be kind of on the coral side. If it's too pink, yikes, it's not pretty. You ladies are lucky. I WANT PINK LIPS TOO!!!!

My favorite pink lipstick is Berryfrost by Jafra. They have been making this shade for close to 20 years, so I guess I'm not the only one who likes it. It is a medium pink with just the perfect amount of frost & blue in it.

Beauty by Bed Head
    Works with olive skin, by the way.

avon's mauve ice

and my mom wears estee lauder in dark pink can't remeber what it is but i think it was cool. smells good too that lipstick.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel