Code of Conduct

Thread: False eyelashes

Default False eyelashes

Has anyone ever tried false eyelashes? For fun, I'd like to experiment for a couple of big evening events coming up, but have never used them before. Can you recommend any good brands and suggest types of lashes to try? What about an adhesive? Any tips or feedback would be appreciated. I'm not looking for a glam-rock or Liza Minelli in Caberet sort of look, just long and lush and as natural as false eyelashes could possibly look, especially with a little extra length at the outer edges of my eyes.

My eyelashes are naturally curly and relatively long, so I don't use an eyelash curler. But I'm looking for a more intense lash that I could wear with a pronounced eyeliner on the upper lid, sort of like Anglina Jolie or Ava Gardner. I just read about eyelash extensions in the May issue of American Vogue, but that just seems ridiculous to me.

Default Re: False eyelashes

I have a hard time with the full strip kind, even went to beauty school for training as a make-up artist and still couldn't get it! However, the ones that come in small clumps ( the box calls them individual) are easy to use . I use Ardell Duralash. I discovered them 3 years ago on maternity leave( desperate to look awake & perky LOL). The full strip type use a sticky adhesive, the individual ones use a stronger adhesive that needs a adhesive remover. You could also snip little sections from the full strip kind, if you don't want to use the ones with strong adhesive. I have really long lashes,but I do look see a difference with some falsies placed at the outside corners. mr. tinker can't tell the difference, but I can.

Yes, I tried the full strip ones with a friend. But we had already gotten acrylic nails together. Poor planning, indeed.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker424
    I have a hard time with the full strip kind, even went to beauty school for training as a make-up artist and still couldn't get it! *However, the ones that come in small clumps ( the box calls them individual) are easy to use . I use Ardell Duralash. I discovered them 3 years ago on maternity leave( desperate to look awake & perky LOL). The full strip type use a sticky adhesive, the individual ones use a stronger adhesive that needs a adhesive remover. You could also snip little sections from the full strip kind, if you don't want to use the ones with strong adhesive. I have really long lashes,but I do look see a difference with some falsies placed at the outside corners. mr. tinker can't tell the difference, but I can.
    A makeup artist? How cool! Do you have any great secret tips for applying makeup we should know? About the lashes, what kind of adhesive remover do you use for the individual ones? *I've seen different kinds of lashes too - some seem to be more one length and others seem to be of varying lengths. *Have you tried both of these and do they really give a very different look from each other? *

Having a toddler, I can TOTALLY relate about not getting enough sleep. Especially like last night when our son woke up at 4:30 a.m. and decided to start "meowing" pretty loudly for no reason whatsoever, and continued this for the next 30 minutes. *And my husband and I are calling out, "Stop meowing and GO TO SLEEP." *It would have been funnier if we both hadn't been so exhausted.

I always shop at CVS, even when I lived literally next door to Brooke's Pharmacy, and the adhesive and remover are sold right on the same wall as the eyelashes. Oh God, the 1st time I bought them, in my sleep deprived stupor, I didn't buy the remover -MISTAKE! It is definately needed. My pakage says medium length, I have seen the really long ones, but haven't tried them.

Thanks, Tinker. I'll have to check this out and play around with them. They seem like one of those things that aren't as complicated as they seem, but I'm still intimidated by them. Will let you know if they turn out great, or if I glue my eyelids shut! :-/