Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Found a new favourite mascara!

Dior Ultimeyes! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

I wore it for the first time on Friday and couldn't believe my eyes, the brush is just perfect and so is the stuff, it made my lashes longer and curlier and what's most important: no lumps!!!

I like Maximeyes, too, but Ultimeyes tops it.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Found a new favourite mascara!

That's wonderful! It's awesome when you find the mascara that works for you. I have a horrible time with mascaras smudging above my eyelid. I have pale skin that stains easy. I just tried the new maybelline one, while I loved how it looked, I didn't appreciate the giant half circle of a smudge at the end of the day. I used the waterproof. Ultimeyes didn't get very high praise in the reviews I've read but everyone's skin and lashes are so different it really is such an individual thing. Congrats on your gorgeous lashes.

Post Thanks / Like

I always read of people talking about the Dior Show so it is good to hear about the other ones. I am using Kanebo at the moment and liking it so far.
    DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

I used Maximeyes for 2 years, and I was always very happy with it. My Bad Gal Lash is also good, but I had to get used to it and it's not as robust. But if Ultimeyes is even better than Maximeyes I simply must check it out!!!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

I like the look and feel of Dior's mascaras, but for some weird reason they make my eyes run. :-(

Ladylonestar

I canNOT wait to try this mascara! I've loved Hypnose for awhile but it does seem clumpy. I decided to buy Dior The Show again, but this is GREAT news! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Lady L, you'll love it!

Dot, so sorry to hear Dior mascaras make your eyes run.

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Lady L, you'll love it!
    Right you are, Tigs! Bought it yesterday, wore it today, love it MADLY! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And, um, couldn't resist a couple of the Dior lipsticks while I was there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Right you are, Tigs! Bought it yesterday, wore it today, love it MADLY! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

And, um, couldn't resist a couple of the Dior lipsticks while I was there.
    Great news! I still haven't been lucky with Dior frags but their make-up is grrreat. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to try that next! Thank you for posting. I have short, light, thin eyelashes, so I'm always looking for the perfect mascara. Recently I've really liked Rilastil for a thick feathery look and American Beauty for long lashes, but I have yet to find one that lengthens and thickens. I'm definitely going to try the Dior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by makemepretty View Post
    That's wonderful! It's awesome when you find the mascara that works for you. I have a horrible time with mascaras smudging above my eyelid. I have pale skin that stains easy. I just tried the new maybelline one, while I loved how it looked, I didn't appreciate the giant half circle of a smudge at the end of the day. I used the waterproof. Ultimeyes didn't get very high praise in the reviews I've read but everyone's skin and lashes are so different it really is such an individual thing. Congrats on your gorgeous lashes.
    My lashes are soooo not curly, they almost point down. I use an eyelash curler and then the only way to keep them curled is to use a waterproof mascara, it seems to hold the curl like hairspray. The one I think works the best is Lancome Definicils Waterproof - this is one of the only ones that doenst flake or smudge, but I wish the brush were a little fuller as I have to be careful of clumps. I recently bought LashFusion, it sounded so good, the brush is very nice, but it leaves smudges. My skin is fair and my eyelids are oily so almost all mascara and eyeliners smudge, but the Lancome has been the closet to perfect. I use the Marcell remover to get it off, less expensive than the Lancome Bifacil.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I love the Dior mascaras, especially the "Diorshow" ones since they're so full and dramatic and sexy. My favorite favorite? "Diorshow Unlimited", which is a longer, deeper version of the original, formulated to work especially well on Asian lashes like mine. But I'll try the Dior Ultimeyes for sure next time I get the chance!
    If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

Dior Show has a HUGE following. It's been recommended to me countless times but when I took a look at the brush, I thought hmmmm this doesn't look so special, and I got nervous that it wouldn't do anything for my fine, rather straight lashes.

Instead, that day I bought Clinique's High Definition Mascara. It's a brush on one side, a comb on the other, and it REALLY defines. I also use a curler and the mascara helps hold the curl and also looks quite natural, not like I have gobs of mascara on. It is good for a daytime/every-day look. And at $13.50, it's a steal for the quality.
    Beauty is but the sensible image of the Infinite.
    Like truth and justice it lives within us; like virtue and the moral law it is a companion of the soul.
    -George Bancroft {1800-1891 American Historian}

=

current favorites:
    Balmain Jolie Madame, Serge Lutens Muscs Kublai Khan
    =

Post Thanks / Like

Mochi, you're NYC. Do you have the Conde Nast Traveller from March by chance?
    Last edited by CoTHukoB; 3rd May 2007 at 03:44 PM. Reason: ... 30
    blackguard, n.
    3 : an inverted gentleman
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5a2JH_BVE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWEOaosGDi0
    ... où flotte l'étendard ...
    ... Ich will die Ruhe stören ...
    ... Stand up and admit it! ...

Post Thanks / Like

That stuff sounds amazing...however, I use the $15 Mary Kay mascara. I feel terrible about the medieval Draize test and other stupid-ass tortures inflicted upon animals to "clinically test" cosmetics... are there any cruelty-free mascaras out there???

Post Thanks / Like

Make Me Pretty - have you tried the Shiseido 39 degree mascara? I heard rave reviews about it not budging because it's a radically different formula that's heat sensitive - you have to use a hot facecloth to take it off. I've seen it recommended for brides a lot because of the no-crying but no-smudging thing. Waterproofs ALWAYS smudge on me. Though I have had some sucess with the Urban Decay Galoshes topcoat that waterproofs your regular mascara.