Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default The shade of your (toe)nails? AKA The Nail Polish thread

If you can't pick just one fave shade, feel free to vote for many! ;D
    Last edited by tigrushka; 8th January 2010 at 12:40 PM. Reason: made the title more appropriate
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: The shade of your toenails?

Mine have been natural for weeks. I like them polished in the summer...but honestly, I kinda "forget that they exist" until I am getting reading to walk out the door in sandals...then I think "oh dear...that isn't chic at all..." LOL!

I need to commit to painting them this weekend! If I do paint them, I prefer an orange or brown/red shade.

This week's been bad...all I've done is patch toenail polish over bad areas...I NEVER am without toenail polish even in the winter.
    I am always in a red orange or rusty, peach, orange color. Goes with the coloring.
    LOVE OPI colors. Equadorable Coral etc.

At the moment they are a bright fire engine red,an OPI shade called Big Apple I think. Too lazy to go look at bottle. I love really dark green or purple shades too. For fingers they are usually natural or pale shades.
    DONNA

I love green nail polish and used to wear it a lot! My fave shades are Dior Incredible Green (lime), Mavala Green Grass and Pygme (olive/chartreuse).

But since I got my sinful red & black strappy sandals and Camper sandals with red floral embroidery, I'm stuck to Helena Rubinstein Temptress (deep red).

Ladylonestar

Mine are Estee Lauder Red Hot red right now. I love French though, with a coat of OPI Tutti Frutti Tonga over (opalescent). ;D

I'm currently wearing a pearlized, bright sky blue by Wet 'N Wild. My favorite color is hot pink or pearlized red.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Loney I think I love your colors...You too Tig...LOVE red..especially orangy red (bright!) ÊI love OPI colors..My ideal job would be to have a couple of glasses of wine with a friend and think of nail polish shades! ÊHere are some of my faves...Melon of Troy..Chile o Caliente, Day at the Peach, Bet it all on OPI...also from the "Vegas" OPI collection...Nice Hand..Great Nails...Cajun Shrimp, Las Vegas Strip Poker..Euromazing...Amsterdamselindistress...One of my faves that has been discontinued is Essie..Pumpkin Pie..I also wear Essie

I always wear nailpolish, even in winter. I feel naked without it and sometimes cannot remeber well what my toenails look au naturel
    After a decade in Chanel Rouge Noir (purrrfect for toes!) I switched this year to coral-red, Guerlain Divinora #21.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Living in a country were we can wear sandals all year round means toes have to be very well kept at all times.

Luckily great pedicures cost so little here...around $12 USD.

99% of the time, my toes are french polished...most versatile and imho very chic...

This week I had them painted a nude beige colour. Also quite pretty. 8)

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by glorious1
    My ideal job would be to have a couple of glasses of wine with a friend and think of nail polish shades! ÊHere are some of my faves...Melon of Troy..Chile o Caliente, Day at the Peach, Bet it all on OPI...also from the "Vegas" OPI collection...Nice Hand..Great Nails...Cajun Shrimp, Las Vegas Strip Poker..Euromazing...Amsterdamselindistress...One of my faves that has been discontinued is Essie..Pumpkin Pie..I also wear Essie
    Glo! You're hired! ;D

Too funny!!!

At the moment, I am wearing Essie Curve Ball - kind of a pearlized pink with a hint of lavender. I am looking for some new colors for fall: deeper hues in a cool shades.
    "Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see." -Benjamin Franklin

I had 'red wave' toenail polish put on about 3 weeks ago - and it's still in perfect tact - rare I must say.

The same on my nails chipped in a few days, but the toes are lasting.

No, today they are lime green, along with my nails. Now there's a change (but keeping with Christmas colours)

Quote Originally Posted by levannah
    I always wear nailpolish, even in winter. I feel naked without it and sometimes cannot remeber well what my toenails look au naturel
    Oh, same here. I always think that if I break a leg or am rushed to the hospital for whatever reason, I want my feet to look pretty. (Maybe it will divert attention from my thighs.)

JAG

I ALWAYS have my toenails painted!! They're 10x easier for me to keep maintained than my fingernails.

I use true red as a standby, but I usually have seasonal colors I prefer. I go a dark berry red in the winter. Summer is a pearlescent peachy tone, or pearl white. And lately, as a year round fad, I've been going for a shimmery fuschia color which I create by layering two coats of fuschia with one coat of a pale shimmery pink. I mixed the colors to make a hue that would perfectly coordinate with my favorite purse!

I'm thinking this spring/summer I may go for something a little different, like a mint/aqua blend. I've been favoring clothing in that color lately.

Now the summer has "officially" started for me, I painted my nails with YSL no 7 this morning! [smiley=cheesy.gif]

I ought to pull myself together and paint them red. The problem is that I KNOW that as soon as they are painted (in whatever color I may choose), I want to wear lipstick in a clashing color. Sigh...

summer means fireflys

Mine are a silver-y color, I forget the name. Looks killer with black sandals.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

HI!

I usually ALWAYS have color on my tootsies....however, since I put my acrylics back on and have "pink and whites".....I now have been doing a french manicure on the toes.

Mine are red - OPI Red, Red Rhine, to be precise.

Helena Rubinstein: Temptress [smiley=cool.gif]

Chanel: Rouge Noir [smiley=cool.gif]
    (aka Vamp in the US)

I am about to decide what colour to do mine for tomorrow. Got a fantastic ebay bargain - a Marc Jacobs "butterrum" cord skirt and I don't know whether to contrast with a summer bright or tone with a natural/french polish...Hmmmm, decisions, decisions. It's a tough life sitting here in the bank holiday sun deciding what colour to paint my toenails [smiley=grin.gif]

Lincoln Park After Dark, saw it in a magazine and had to hunt it down. Eventually ordered it online because it's not available where I live. So perfect, so Goth and I love Linkin Park the band so I associate the name with them.

The season has started!

Just painted mine with Dior Bleu Vinyle, great petrol shade. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Chanel: Rouge Noir [smiley=cool.gif]
    (aka Vamp in the US)
    Just learned that Europe's Rouge Noir is not the same as Vamp here in the states. I found out from makeupalley.com reviews that they used to be one and the same but they inexplicably "revamped" Vamp in the states and it is no longer identical to Rouge Noir, which is not available in the states. :'(

So, Europe's Rouge Noir is the TRUE "Vamp." I actually don't paint my toes often so I still have the original Vamp from many years ago--it is still good too, surprisingly. The original Vamp's bottles read "Rouge Noir" above "Vamp." I love the color, and when I run out I will NOT try the revamped version, but will order Rouge Noir from Europe.

Another favorite shade of mine for toes is OPI Chick Flick Cherry-- a fantastic, true red.

I painted them with Max Factor`s no.718 "Ultra Blue" today. For some reason blue toenails have marked the beginning of the summer season for me the last four - five years. Since my fingernails mostly are "au naturel", I think it`s fun to freak out with different colours on my toenails.

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Guerlain Rouge Gipsy

I am wearing New England Nutmeg by OPI.
    DONNA

Changed colour last night. Now a brand called Nociti Serena a deep metalic purple.
    DONNA

Chanel: Rouge Noir

Now another OPI French Cognac.
    DONNA

Mavala: Green Grass

Gemey: Double Jeu Papillon (lovely, iridescent turquoise)

Helena Rubinstein: Temptress

Smile Re: The shade of your toenails?

Max Factor Midnight Bronze.

Well OPI Russian To A Party for two weeks.

Now Essie Lady Godiva which is a dark brown with warm tones.
    DONNA

My toes were Big Apple red by OPI, but now and usually they are the OPI A Dozen Roses which is a basic pink. My nails are just buffed to shine.

I love the true reds in winter, like a holly berry.

I always do a royal purple in the fall, too, even back to when I had to mix my own with a very rare (at the time) blue. Still have it.

Thrax

I had a girlfriend once that for some odd reason, wanted to put make up on me. All the time she would ask if she could put make up on me. One night I agreed just for the hell of it. I had mascara, eyeliner, foundation, blush, the whole works. My toenails werent touched (thank god I was wearing my boots) but my fingernails were blue, red, yellow, and purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrax
    I had a girlfriend once that for some odd reason, wanted to put make up on me. All the time she would ask if she could put make up on me. One night I agreed just for the hell of it. I had mascara, eyeliner, foundation, blush, the whole works. My toenails werent touched (thank god I was wearing my boots) but my fingernails were blue, red, yellow, and purple.
    What a sweetie! When my boys were little (3 and 4 yrs old) they wanted their toenails painted like Mommy. So I did! Jon got his grass green, which I had to buy for him, and Sam took purple.

I have a brother a year older and two of my sisters are eight and nine years older than him. He was routinely made up, and had an alternate name "Little Suzy." He didn't even want to be left out of dress-up, it was simply too much fun and a big mess to boot, plus my mother was always half-way aggravated even when she was laughing because we all had to have baths. Poor Mom. Five little kids can wreck a nice lippie. She eventually kept all her makeup in her purse in the car at night.

Well tonight changing to OPI Black Onyx!!!
    DONNA

The sandal season is definitely over so mine went natural and will stay that way some time.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    The sandal season is definitely over so mine went natural and will stay that way some time.
    Sandal season has pretty much ended here (NYC) as well, but I'll continue the pedis anyway Had one yesterday and chose Essie Scarlett O'Hara, a pearlized ruby.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

OPI Rosy Future, a pale opalescent pink.

After almost a decade of Chanel Rouge Noir I switched to Chanel Black Satin...
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Changed mid week to Essie Viva La Vespa.
    DONNA

pedicures in my country are as low as $1.00 USD!

Yipee!

my fave toe color is revlon red.
    "Where should one use perfume?" a young woman asked. "Wherever one wants to be kissed," I said. - Coco Chanel

Lincoln Park After Dark for my toes...
    Pedicure price range from 20USD to 65USD here in HK. The more you pay, the more service you get i.e spa, scrub, wrap etc...

I like the brightest, flashiest, sparkly red stuff you can find.

I like bright colours on my toes - if they're too dark it looks like I've dropped a dumbell on my foot.

Although my fingernails are bare most of the time (painted for special occassions only as they always chip after 1 day and I can't be bothered to maintain them - I am constantly typing on a computer or heaving weights in the gym so they get a battering).

I don't like unpainted toenails, though, and like to have a fun colour on there for my Thai boxing class.

I loved Hard Candy in Sushi (a bright teal colour) but ran out a while back. Also hot pinks in various sorts, pillarbox red, and I've found Revlon's One Perfect Coral is a gorgeous colour for toes. I had a rich, metallic purple on last week (Barry M - a cheapo brand in the UK but with a huge range of colours). This week it's silver.
    I've done hot pink with gold tips before now - kind of like a French manicure (or should I say pedicure?) but feels more like an Indian manicure - hot pink and gold seems to be a popular combo in the sari shops near where I live. Very pretty on the feet though!

Painted them with the OPI Big Apple Red Nail Polish. It is probably the only colour people wear for Chinese New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by TDDanae View Post
    I like the brightest, flashiest, sparkly red stuff you can find.
    Then my darling, you would LOVE Ruby Pumps by China Glaze. An absolute MUST for the holidays. (and whenever else you'd like to wear it)

My toes are nekkid at the moment...and I need a pedi badly...

I like a pale pink on them...goes with almost everything because it's almost a neutral on me.

Actually, mine are still a lovely shade of lime green that I had painted them for St. Patrick's day. I'm thinking of changing to a nice coral color maybe. Tropical by Creative comes to mind.

The sandal season has started, my first pick is Guerlain Rose Fané.

Sadly my feet are my most neglected body part, but I do smell nice!

I'm always low maintenance in a nice neutral, Revlon's Copperglaze Platinum. So when there are tiny chips or a quick less-than-perfect application, it's tough to notice.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

I got mine done last week, painted with OPI's polish (a very pearly lilac)

Chanel Kabuki

one of the vampy burgundy opi shades with a really long cutesy name that's sliding off my brain at the present. i like having trampy toes ;-)