Code of Conduct

Default Best firming + care 'n' nourishing facial cream?

that can be used by men too..
    Age 37+ Price is no problem. I just need to get the best stuff that is least harmful. Is collagen really good?
    Thanks

Default Re: Best firming + care 'n' nourishing facial crea

Depends where the collagen comes from some companies use cow!!! Look for marine or vegtal or you might start mooing!!! ;D

Kiehls do a Marine cream which looks pretty good!
    YSL do a good range of face creams.

Actually I cannot see why any face cannot be used by both sexes.
    DONNA

Default Re: Best firming + care 'n' nourishing facial crea

I'm fond of the Frankincense Nourishing Cream by Neal's Yard. Lightly fragranced but not feminine.

Default Re: Best firming + care 'n' nourishing facial cream?

For firming, look for products that contain either sea algae/marine substances and vitamin C. You can incorporate both of these in your skin care routine easily enough and health food stores carry many great products with these ingredients, now. For a moisturizer, if money is no object, then my favorite is Lancome's Absolue Night Cream. By far.

Another ingredient to consider is copper. That is also very firming, but the products I used clogged my pores, so I gave up and stuck with the seaweed and Vitamin C. I would not recommend Avon, that line sucks. jmo

Alba botanical Sea Plus Renewal cream is great. Here's a list of ingredients:

Certified Organic Aloe Vera Barbadensis and Lavender Hydrosol (Lavandula Officinalis), Certified Organic Oils of Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius), Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinesis) and Avocado (Persea Gratissima), Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitol, Stearyl Alcohol, Organic Marine Complex: Chondrus Crispus (Irish Moss), Dermochlorella (Algae), Enteromorpha Compressa (Algae), Laminaria Digitata (Kelp), Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp), Spirulina Maxima (Algae) and Ulva Lactuca (Sea Lettuce), DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Certified Organic Green Tea Extract (Camellia Sinensis), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Methyl/Propylparaben, Grapefruit Extract (Citrus grandis), Botanical Fragrance.

And it's only about $12. I can wear it both night and day, but some people prefer it as a night cream only. I think it depends on how dry your skin is. There is a day lotion too, but I haven't tried it.

The only thing collagen will do is moisturize. What you *can* do is boost your skin's own collagen production. The most effective active ingredient you can get OTC is retinaldehyde. It's patented to French brand Avéne and is included in a lot of their skincare products. In Europe the products to look for are Ystheal+ and Eluage. In the US Ystheal+ and Retrinal. The products are used at night as retinaldehyde (and all other retinoids) break down in sunlight.

During the day you should, no, you must, use a good sunscreen.

Retinaldehyde breaks down in the skin to retinoic acid (tretinoin), the only substance proved to actually smooth wrinkles and undo skin damage. There are many studies behind retinaldehyde that show it is effective, so it's not just something an SA has told me. It really is an impressive ingredient.