Code of Conduct

Default Good oils as"ground"for fragrances ?

As my skin is pretty dry, I`m wondering what lotions/oils (preferrably unscented) you consider the best for making your scent last longer on your skin?
    I`ve been using baby-oil, but I`m sure you have better suggestions?

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: Good oils as"ground"for fragrances ?

Jojoba oil is good, because it feels light and doesn't have much of a smell of it's own.

Second the jojoba oil rec. I also like heavier unscented massage oil in winter, when my skin gets very, very dry.

I use sweet almond oil--it's unscented and makes your skin feel absolutely marvelous.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Thanks, guys, I`ll try them both.
    --Bob Dylan

I've been stroking on unscented beeswax with great results. I discovered this after using a beeswax-based hair shaper on my hair & found that the scent of my hairspray & perfume clung to it until the next day. So I decided to try beeswax on my skin with my perfume. The day I tested it, I used Bandit genuine parfum, which typically doesn't last more than a few hours on me (even with the bath & body products), but, with the beeswax base, it actually hung in there for a full 12 hours. The nice thing about it is that it's not greasy. It's sort of a glace texture when going on, but then remains smooth. Once the body temp heats up, the fragrance, much to my amazement, reawakens.

Who sells unscented beeswax please?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

I also use jojoba oil. Its very inexpensive. and it works very well.

Another vote for jojoba oil. It is very similar to the oil produced by the human body. It also does not go rancid.

Regards,
    Steve

Thanks, guys!

I bought some almond oil, but it was very expensive. I haven`t found any jojoba oil here where I live, but will buy it next time I go to town.

--Bob Dylan

Thanks, the jojoba actually does help with my M7 Fresh!
    Cheaper almond oil can be obtained at an asian food shop, but that's made for cooking, don't really know if it's good enough to be put on skin under a fragrance..

Hmm, the almond oil I use is sweet almond oil. It's sold in Caswell-Massey's catalog for blending with their essential oils. I've seen it sold for massage oil, too. I'm not sure it's the same thing as cooking oil...but stranger things have happened.
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Cetaphil lotion is by far the best "scent friendly" skincare product I've used. It somehow helped perfumes sustain better than bare skind and other unscented lotions(neutrogena norwegian formula, Uremol...etc). I find that thicker creams to make alcohol based fragrances act more like oils sillage wise(less projection/longer stay), not sure if the case w/ beeswax, but pure oils are worth a try I'am sure. gotta look into this.