Code of Conduct
    Louise

Default What is your favourite sunscreen?

Spring is coming. Time to get another good sunscreen. What is your favourite?

Default Re: What is your favourite sunscreen?

I've just been using Origins(I have very sensitive skin) and try to use a foundation with one too. I'm looking for a nice matte sunscreen for breakout prone skin so I'm anxious to see if anyone rec's one.

I've used Shiseido's in the blue bottle, but the 45 spf wasn't strong enough for my pale, translucent skin, so I have switched to Coppertone's Water Babies @ 50 spf.

Vichy and La Roche-Posay has great sunscreens with Mexoryl. Very effective, broad-spectrum and photo-stable. If you're in the US you have to order from Europe though.

My skin hates sunscreens. They are usually too greasy, too fragranced, or just break me out for some other unknown reason. A couple that I have found that do not seem to cause me heartache are:

Kiss My Face facial sunblock spf30

Fallene Cotz spf 58 (though this one is a bit heavier as the it's all non-chemical sunscreens and I find that they need more of an emollient carrier/base)

DHC white sunscreen 25 (this on is a milky fluid and sinks in to give the feel of nothing on the skin. have not given it a good test run so I can't say whether my skin will react to it. it shouldn't since it's all organic sunscreens)

Shiseido's 55 spf is very matte and nice to wear, but it has a perfume in it that I absolutely loathe and I generally think anything perfumed is a very bad idea on the facial complexion. it's so unnecessary and potential irritating plus it's so close to my nose.

My fav sunscreens are Clarins and Dior. They can be used without any other creme.
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.

I like Avon Bronze All Round Protection SPF20. Cheap (comparatively) and a little goes a long way. It's not too greasy but it is moisturising enough to use with a light moisturiser and sometimes (naughty!) no moisturiser at all. Like makmepretty, I like to use other products with SPF too, to bump up the protection as much as possible. Lip balm with SPF is a must as my lips just crack and fall off in the sun :

Ah, bring on the sunshine! 8-)

Right now I like Paula's Choice Essential Non-Greasy sunscreen because it's the only sunscreen I've found that has a somewhat matte finish. Usually I count on my foundation for sunscreen because most sunscreens are just too oily and cause breakout.s

I had totally forgotten there are people who go out in the day @.@~ I hear La Roche-Posay Anthelios is pretty ok -you can get it in Canada
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Considering that I live in a VERY hot and humid climate and my skin looks like I've rubbed a fried chicken leg all over it 90% of the time, I am going to recommend to you sunscreens that are more suitable for oily skin. Not sure if these will suit you or not. I recommend Urban Defense Skincare Oil-Free Guardian Angel SPF 15; HOWEVER, this product has been discontinued, but you can find it on eBay, I think. I am hanging on to mine and using it sparingly.

Also, Pro-Activ has a very nice SPF 15, which is perfect for oily skin. Another good one is Sephora SuperStars Super Smart Facial Moisturizer SPF 15.

If you have oily skin, you need to be careful because SPFs by nature are not our friends--but we need to wear them everyday. Stick with products that have labels like oil-free and non-comedogenic. And you don't need anything higher than SPF 15. Definitely don't go lower than SPF 15. But I've been told by aestheticians, doctors, etc., that there is no reason to go higher than 15, especially if you have oily skin. The higher you go, the greasier you will be.

Vichy are the ones that work best for me. Capital Soleil Lait Gel-ecran IP60 or Lait IP60 special enfants.

In general, I always have to wear 45+ so i don't get burned to ashes! so i use them over a sunscreen clear honey-like gel (custom made) that's more potent than the vichy ones.

I used Clinique before but they seemed too thick and greasy.

forgot to say: also good:
    La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL SPF 60+ creme ecran visage but if it's too thick then try the Anthelios XL SPF60 Fluide Extreme ecran visage..

Coppertone. It is cheep and works hell of well as far as they go. The only thing I have against it, I really have it agains all sunblocks, is that it doesn't come off easy. You have to wear it for hours and let it absorb and then be sweat out. It is water resisitant and I use the SPF 45. It rocks. I get a good tan and still protect myself against any harmful rays... ;D

EnvYuS