Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Any recent purchases?

Apart from perfume, have you bought anything lately?

I got myself a jar of Stephane Marais Cream Foundation and am *very* impressed. I think this might end up as my favourite foundation ever and I've used many (probably 50+).

Also bought a skincare kit from Dermalogica with travel sizes of cleanser, toner, exfoliator and moisturizer. I chose the kit for dry to very dry skin and like the products so far. I might buy full sizes of the cleanser and moisturizer.

Default Re: Any recent purchases?

My most recent purchases were two Dior kh™l pencils and yet another Dior Addict lipstick but that was in August or September...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I just purchased two items from Origins' new cocoa therapy line (the instant chocolate fix and the body butter.)

MJH

I just bought John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shampoo and Conditioner per LadyL's advice on this thread:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/for...num=1090798013

I've already gone through one tube of the shampoo: it's terrific!

And I bought a sampler collection of Florence Gunnarson bath oils:
    http://www.florencegunnarson.com/collection.htm

Just bought this for my mum for Christmas.

http://www.directcosmetics.com/detai...amp;wordtype=2

Maybe the ladies of the board could let me know if the colours look OK!

So far I guess she will be giving away the bright red lippy, but I can live with that!

She does like Arden make-up.

I'm saving my dough for a NYC trip this week...where I plan to explore Armani and Guerlain...probably also others that I can't find anywhere here. We don't even have a Saks in Seattle...can you imagine my hardship? haha

Ladylonestar

CoL, that's a FABULOUS gift for your mom! Wow! The red lipstick is Red Diamond -- I used to wear it all the time! I had no idea it was still available.

I've been saving my money, too (sort of). Not for NYC, but for a trip to the Dior counter! ;D Plus, I want to try the new Estee Lauder mascara -- though I can't decide between EL or Dior right now. The only items I've bought are two lipsticks that Perfume Hound talked about under the Red Lipstick thread -- L'Oreal Volume Perfect #400 and Almay #36 -- and L'Oreal Ideal Balance Foundation because I ran out of Feel Naturale and it's discontinued! :-[

I hear Diorshow is quite the thing. I hate the feel of mascara, so I only wear it when I'm feeling particularly vampy...which is rarely...haha

Ladylonestar

Dior Show mascara is the one I'm considering. Either that or Estee Lauder Lash XL Maximum Length Mascara. I feel naked without mascara. My little lashes need all the help they can get! :-[

I just bought some stuff from direct cosmetics today. A Gale Hayman Eyelift gel,Youth Lift(got the chance to try these and was quite impressed). Less than half price,Indian Summer fragrance for a friend and Kingdom Limited Edition tester.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255
    I just bought some stuff from direct cosmetics today. A Gale Hayman Eyelift gel,Youth Lift(got the chance to try these and was quite impressed). Less than half price,Indian Summer fragrance for a friend and Kingdom Limited Edition tester.
    I just bought a Kingdom Ltd Ed tester from DC too! ;D

Hey Col,I spotted the Kingdom edtion and got all excited!!! If not for it I would not have bought the other products.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Dior Show mascara is the one I'm considering. ÊEither that or Estee Lauder Lash XL Maximum Length Mascara. ÊI feel naked without mascara. ÊMy little lashes need all the help they can get! :-[
    Hi Loney . . . don't forget about the castor oil, for your eyelashes. Joan Crawford said it makes them grow like mad. Eyebrows, too. See if you can find that Red Dragon lipstick . . . I forgot to check, during my last trip to Chicago. I really like going to women's counters, Loney! Usually I know more than the sales associates . . . really freaks them out. You should see me 'examining' clothes . . . let's go shopping!

Well yesterday I got some MaryKay Mascara. Its called Velocity. I got it because of the colors Blue and Violet (I have hazel eyes) And also because it says its water resistant (not waterproof) and supposed to not smudge.
    Well it worked great and our resident makeup artist (I work at a dayspa) showed me how to do my eyeliner to enhance the color. Normally Im not a Mary Kay fan but I give this mascara 2 thumbs up...I also got the eye primer which is supposed to help shadow stay on and not crease but I havent used it yet. Will try it tomorrow.

Philosophy's "The Great One" a peel recommended to me by one of my customers who is an Estethician. She said it was the best peel on the market and let me tell you she hit it on the nail with this one. 65.00. You can use it once or twice a week. Best recommendation I have had all year!!

More stuff:

Stephane Marais loose powder in #1
    Guerlain Divinora e/s quad in Touche de Beige
    NARS #15 Smudge brush
    Shiseido Men - Hydrating lotion
    MAC Sheertone blush in Tenderling

I just bought a new tongue cleaner.

I've become addicted to Bonne Belle's lipsmackers and have recently purchased a gaggle of them in various flavors. Gotta stay kissable!

Mgarisbn, how does a tongue cleaner work as opposed to a toothbrush doing the job?
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

I recently purchased online Shiseido's Zen perfumed radiance body creme.

I must say it IS a good body creme, softening the skin and definitely exfolitating a little too.............as for fragrance? I could smell none.

Now let's see...

MAC - Vanilla pigment. Pinkish gold iridesence.

MAC - Intoxicate eye shadow. Deep eggplant shade.

Becca - Foundation brush.

Dermalogica - Intensive moisture balance. My favourite moisturizer. Packed with antioxidants and other good stuff.

Dermalogica - AM/PM kit. Trial size products for overpartied skin.

DuWop - Lip Venom. Ouch! This gloss hurts (tingles claims the box), but I kinda like it.

Shiseido blotting papers.

I should have named this thread Concord's shopping list.

Anyhey, here goes:

Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution. Great lotion cleanser for dry skin. A real skin-saver for me.

Stephane Marais eye brush #. The perfect, allround eye brush. Picks up, holds amd deposits colour beautifully. I feel my brush collection is complete with this.

MAC - Prunella eye kohl. A smudgy pencil in a muted eggplant shade.

Chanel eyeshadow - Tabou. A muted purple. Chanel single eyeshadows are one of the best-textured I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    I should have named this thread Concord's shopping list.
    ;D

No worries, your lists are very inspiring!

Kai Body Glow (much more subtle than the oil!)

Some new Physicians Formula products:

Wet/Dry Blush (Baked Ginger)

Wet/Dry Eyeshadow (Baked Sugar)

Loose Powder Blush (Nude Rose)

Solar Powder (SPF 20)

2-in-1 Wet/Dry Concealer & Foundation Stick

That's all for now!

Paula Dorf Foundation
    Mac Studio Tech Foundation
    Stila EyeShadow

Stila Re Orient quads in Bambo peach colour and Lotus Blossom pale pinks. This Stila collection is really pretty.
    DONNA

Stephane Marais Bronzer #1. A very light bronzer that makes actually makes me look healthy, not dirty or orange. Highly recommended. Cool packaging (it's pink! *gasp*)

http://www.spacenk.co.uk/SpaceNK/ima.../0199_4593.jpg

L'Oreal micro-dermabrasion kit. A lot of people love this exfoliating cream with aluminum oxide, but I'm not sure. I used it twice and I feel like I never have to exfoliate again. Too harsch for me.

Dior Natural Glow self-tanner for the face. I never look as pale and washed-out as I do this time of year, so I thought I'd fake a little colour. Subtly tinted and doesn't give too much colour. You may have to reapply to look real tan, but that's not what I'm after. Heavily perfumed.

Dior Addict Red Interference lipstick, the shade falls between Rose Perspective and Solar Red (both of which I have and love... [smiley=rolleyes.gif])

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Dior Addict Red Interference lipstick, the shade falls between Rose Perspective and Solar Red (both of which I have and love... [smiley=rolleyes.gif])
    And you couldn't mix the two you have? Of course not! Diormania! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Of course I couldn't! I'm addicted to Addict lipsticks! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Ladylonestar

The Dior Addict Red Interference lipstick is next on my list to buy!

I did, however, buy an Estee Lauder lipstick -- it's the Pure Color Red Attitude (#167) and OMG is it ever dark and goth! I saw it in my Saks catalog and it looked like a gorgeous brownish-red, so I tested it on my hand in the store and it looked even more gorgeous. But on my lips it's a very blackish red... so beware of this one. I can't wear it at all but have no idea what to do with it now, though I may return it.

I also bought:

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Wet Plum (#14)
    Estee Lauder Artist's Lip Pencil Crayon in Russet Writer (#10)
    Estee Lauder Automatic Brow Pencil Duo (w/brush and 1 refill) in Dark Brown (#05)
    Paula Dorf Brow Fix
    Lancome Hypnose mascara
    Lancome Cils Booster (Mascara Enhancing Base)
    Lancome Star Gloss Brush-on Lip Shine in Angelic

I think that's all I've bought recently... [smiley=wink.gif]

Time we upped this thread again! I could not post on ezboard site,local user and would not let me up to global. Anyway!

Recently I have bought:

Chantecaille shine eyeshadow in Copper and Quartz. Had a makeover with Chantecaille makeup artist.

Mac Pigment in Deckchair and eyeshadow in D'Bohemia.

Smashbox TSV from QVC UK.

Waiting to buy YSL Baydere(sp) all over bronzer. It is a limited edition and I was shown different ways of using. It has stripes of bronze,gold,pink, and copper. So you can play with the look you want.
    DONNA

Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Foundation and Guerlain transparent loose face powder

Quote Originally Posted by lille_my
    Sisley Phyto Teint Eclat Foundation and Guerlain transparent loose face powder
    Ooh, doesn't the Guerlain powder smell lovely?

yeah.. love it.. in fact i bought metéorites perfume unsniffed because of it.. but was pretty disappointed.. I love to sniff the powder though [smiley=cool.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by sharilstuff
    I hear Diorshow is quite the thing. *I hate the feel of mascara, so I only wear it when I'm feeling particularly vampy...which is rarely...haha
    I have Diorshow and love it. I also bought new Shu Uemura Fiber Extension mascara and it deserves praise for accentuating lashes without being too artificial. I can also reccomend their new foundation (forgot the name) which is water in fluid (whatever that means). Very natural-looking and dewy at the same time.
    I also bought Nars blush in Orgasm which is very flattering.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

My most recent purchase is compact face powder from Laura Mercier and a Sisley mascara. Not fun! Only eyeshadows and lipsticks in new colors are fun.

I finally got Chanel Rouge Noir lippie & nail polish I've been fancying for years! [smiley=cool.gif]

Well yesterday I bought Ysatis Iris in the sale for a birthday present. A pair of silver fresh water pearl drop earrings also for a birthday present.

For me I bought Givenchy Eyeshadow Prism in Brown Caress.Stila lip shine in Honey and a Nars eyeshadow duo in Key Largo. The latter I had been waiting to come back in stock for a few weeks.
    DONNA

Bought Kanebos amazing Instant Natural Golden Glow UV Gel (in Deep Bronze). Fantastic stuff, makes you look healthy and natural.

Also bought another Shiseido Concealer (this time No. 4 Light Enhancer). Shiseido Concealers work best for me. Also tried Touche Eclat, the Chanel and Kanebo concealers.

Was depressed because I didn't receive my package from Frederic Malle last Friday (it's been three weeks!) so I bought a small jar of Clinique Repairwear day cream and got travel size jars of Repairwear Eye, Repairwear Night and 7-day scrub as a GWP. Great products, but I'd rather smell of Musc Ravageur. *[smiley=cry.gif]

A while ago I bought Laura Mercier's Foundation Powder. Don't think I mentioned it before. I rarely wear makeup nowadays, but this stuff is excellent, because It's easy to apply just where you need it. It's very pigmented, so there's no need to sweep it all over. You use so little it doesn't look like powder at all. Definitely overprized though.

Well two Smashbox cream eyeshadows called Limitless Lid,one a rose colour the other a golden champagne.

Orgasm Lip Gloss,well it was bought for me,only Harrods sells this in the UK.

I want to get the L'Occitane TSV from QVC UK on Friday,as it is really great one.
    DONNA

MJH

I've been trying L'Oreal Men's Expert Circle Eraser:
    http://www.drugstore.com/qxp141181_3...oisturizer.htm

Bit a spending spree cosmetic wise today.

Givenchy foundation Subli'mine
    106 Exact Carmel,not it is not as dark as the name sounds.

Benefit Eyeshadow Trio in ...is this going to take long. Three shades of golden sand.

Stila Gold Eye and Cheek Palette.
    DONNA

I want the plum Stila palette. Any good, Donna?

I just bought Clarins Colour Quench Lip Balm. It's so fruity I can't stop applying it!

YSL eyebrow pencil no 1 and brown Dior Maximeyes mascara.

Got the new tinted moisturizer from Lancôme, Aqua Fusion Teinté. Discreet enough for a guy to wear, it just evens out the worst stuff. Comes in four colours.

Givenchy Bloom Pastel palette.
    Creed Santal Oridinal waiting for me to collect.
    DONNA

Diorskin Airflash foundation
    Kenzoki Creamy cleansing Cream
    Givenchy Prisme Again! compact
    8-)

Phytomer Peeling Vegetal (great!)
    Givenchy Lip!Lip!Lip!Liner in 7 (beautiful fleshy tone)
    Shu Uemura mascara

Oh dear I have been naughty!!!!
    Last sunday was beauty day on QVC UK and all postage was one pound.

Bought the Today's Special Value MOP Hair Care range,also a Prescriptives Holiday ColourBlock in Warm.h
    DONNA

Sorry Kiss and Madeup didn't see your question. It might be better to wait for the new Holiday Stila Palette,the have a plum one. You get two glosses in this one.
    DONNA

Chanel Crystalline Lip gloss - fantastic, beautiful shades, 3-dimensional effect and non-sticky!
    Nars eyeshadow in Bombshell - evening must-have
    Givenchy black eyeliner - okay but nothing special
    Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen mascara - very flattering effect but DiorShow is still on top of my list

Bought L'Oreal volume shocking mascara. I like good ol' Maybelline XXL better, though. I like Unstoppable mascara for day, so I bought Unstoppable pencil eyeliners in black and sapphire. Woo hoo! No 'coon eyes!
    Please, spritz responsibly.

hi, new here and LOVE this site! It has definitely been bookmarked!

Patricia Wexler skincare stuff has been my most recent obsession. I'm usually a hard core m/u and hair product junkie but I realize I've been neglecting my skin. I've purchased the Wexler starter set and some full sizes of the microbrasion system, cleanser, MMPi serum, under-eye brightening cream and no injection lip plumper.

Sephora FF sale: GoSmile B1 system and maintenance compact, Clinique Buttershine in First Love, Nars All about Eve e/s duo, Laura Mercier metallic cream e/s in mercury and gold. Trying to prevent myself from going back for more! Although I probably won't keep all of this.

Smashbox TSV on QVCUK,Front Cover 14 Piece Autnum collection.
    From a seller on ebay,Smashbox cream eyeliner palettes in Proof and Celeb(These were a great deal)!!!!
    From the same seller Smashbox Light Source in Fusion.
    DONNA

Bought Chanel ombre ireele. Creamy eyeshadow with subtle shimmer. Divine.

I've recently treated my hair to Kerastase Bain Miroir (for
    colour treated hair) and Maquintense conditioner (also by Kerastase).Both are
    great, if a little pricey. You only need to use a little. Do you have this
    brand in the States? I'm in the U.K.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Basenotes Plus

Had a MAC attack....but in a good way. Scooped up lipstick in Sharp Beige & Strawberry Blonde, lip pencil in Hover, cream blush in Summer Lily, Beauty Powder in Softdew & Teddy eye liner pencil.

So pretty!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Bought two old skincare staples yesterday:

Shiseido Benefiance Creamy Cleansing Foam. Has the thickest foam, is gentle and last for several months.

Biotherm Biosensitive Soothing Protecting Nurturing Moisturizer. A very rich moisturiser for days when nothing else works. Soothes rashes I get from dryness.

Well, I've been on a OPI binge--their new "Mexican" line has some pretty shades.

I'm wearing "My Chihuahua Bites" which is red-orange, but turned around and bought three others:

Los Cabos Coral is light creamy coral
    OPI Por Favor is lavender pink

I also got You're Such a Kabuki Queen -- tru medium pink. The colors together remind me of the ad campaign for Roses Enchantees !!

http://www.escentual.co.uk/yves_sain...pring2005.html

I think it was a Freudian thingy....
    Please, spritz responsibly.