Code of Conduct

Default Diamond nails and why can't anyone in Nashville?

Why can't I find anyone in Nashville that does them right?? I don't want thick, artificial looking artificial nails!! I got these in Atlanta on the advice of friends and they were so nice! Not damaging, no strong chemicals, uber thin over natural nails. They'd hold a manicure for two weeks. Here, they just glop it on like regular acrylic, and what's the point of that???

Okay, I'm still hyperventilating over the L bottle. I just need to calm down and call every spa in Nashville and interview the techs. Anybody else like the Diamond Gel Nails?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Default Re: Diamond nails and why can't anyone in Nashvill

This is the first I've heard of them. Do they have to be sanded down and shaped, like acrylics?

Frustrating when you can't get your manicure the way you want it! I just got one yesterday before work, and she filed too far in on the sides of my nails ... I don't like this shape, and I paid for it!

Default Re: Diamond nails and why can't anyone in Nashvill

If your nails are short, you can get tips. But they paint on a solution to the nail and dip the nail in powder. This is done a few times to build up layers. It is thin, conforms perfectly to your natural nail shape and stronger than regular acrylic. They are smoothed and shaped with the drill-bit. They are buffed and take a high shine without polish, or polished just like acrylics.

It takes longer than sculptured acrylic and not so many shops 'like' them for that reason. They just aren't used to them, and *always* say Oh, I can make the acrylic thin and look natural but they *never* can. Diamond gel nails are thinner and still stronger than even thick acrylic.

And naturally they cost more, but hey, what price beauty?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Default Re: Diamond nails and why can't anyone in Nashville?

I live in Atlanta, well actually Duluth....I am looking for a salon where I can get Diamond Nails. Would you mind giving me the name of where you went in Atlanta? Did you ever find some there that can do them right!!? Thanks!