Code of Conduct

Default eye cream for winter survivors-help!

This winter is definitely too long, too cold and nasty! My skin reacts with dryness, wrinkles and a general look of exhaustion... :'( Has anyone got any secret weapons (a wondrous mask? a eternal youth elixir? ) which they would kindly make public? Especially residents of the northern part of this world ...Please!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Louise

Default Re: eye cream for winter survivors-help!

Hi Audrey,

I don't know if this will be any help. I had about the same problem as you, used Estee Lauder, Clinique, Lancome ... Nothing helped, although very expensive. So I'm changing more and more to "natural" cosmetics, esp. for shower gels, body lotions etc.. A few months ago I discovered a cream called "Softcreme", which is matte on the skin, but does it good, even for the Eye Area (does not make it puffy), even out the skin tone and relaxes skin. I find it wonderful for the rough season. And dead cheap to boot. I include the link, but I don't know if it's available in your country. If it is, it's definitely worth a try:

http://www.sante.de/Gesicht/gesicht_fr.html

Best regards from Berlin,

Louise

At the moment I am using Pierre Ricaud's products for the eyes and they are great!!

www.ricaud.com

Another great brand is tipton charles I swear by their seaweed mask.

www.tiptoncharles.com
    DONNA

Thanks girls!

I'll give it a try, tho I guess SANTE would be easy to find, as I live in Germany,too. Louise, I know what you mean - it's so often that those expensive brand name creams don't work!!! >
    I quite like Dr.Hauschka, but their eye cream is sort of too balmy for me.

I've been so desperate these past days, that I allowed to be talked into buying a Clarins cream. I was very sceptical on the way home, but, to my surprise, BEAUTY FLASH works! It takes away the dryness, and softens the lines, and also puffiness is diminished. It's also good for "after the party" revival. The only problem is that you are supposed to use it OVER the normal eye cream but I thought, EGAL, they just want us to BUY MORE. It's not as pure as bio, but Clarins are famous for using only natural plant extracts...
    I hope I could be useful for you too!
    There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.

Louise

Quote Originally Posted by audrey
    Clarins are famous for using only natural plant extracts...

Have you had a look at their list of ingredients? I don't trust Clarins at all. Here in Berlin are some shops where you can get Clarins and other brands (except Dior and Shiseido) 20% cheaper...

All the best, Audrey!

Louise

The eyecream I carry in my handbag, to put on the skin of my eyes, above makeup, when the skin of the eyes gets too dry, is Clarins Eye Revive Beauty Flash. I use it once every secound day during winter. It´s a very good creme. I also use Clarins Skin-Smoothing Eye Mask once or twice a week during winter.

I trust Clarins since twenty years! * ;D
    Faves right now: Chanel No 19, Stella Rose Absolute, L´Heure Bleu, Elixir de Merveilles, Samsara.