Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Too good to be true (but it is!) lip balm

Are you familiar with Ganache for lips lip balms? If you aren't, check them out! http://ganacheforlips.com/

These lip balms are the most delicious-smelling stuff ever! They contain real chocolate and nothing artificial. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

(I got mine from Aus Liebe zum Duft...)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: Too good to be true (but it is!) lip balm

I'll definately check these out. My sister is addicted to lipbalm and every year I buy her a bunch and wrap it with ribbon. Usually I'll buy between 20-30. She LOVES it. She's in pharmacy school and has only one semester left so I told her when she's making 6 figures a year, she'll have to buy her own lipbalm.

Those look just wonderful...I have to find a way to get some of those. I like that she uses shea butter.

I finally got around to ordering one of these, after being curious for a while! Chocolate/raspberry. It´s so yummy, without being over the top-sweet. Now I just have to watch so I don´t loose it somewhere (most of my lip balms disappear just to show up in some place a year later, where I´ve looked a hundred times...it´s a mystery).

Thumbs up

I have the Marzipan. It has a delicious smell, I just wish it had a hint of taste. I also have the Perfumania Gal tins in apple and red currant. The red currant smells like candy and always makes mr.tinker come back for a second kiss goodbye in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious about Ganache for lips since firstinfragrance have it in stock. For some unknown reason I don't want to try the Lemon-Mousse, but all others sound very interesting. Any favourites?
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My faves are Raspberry and Orange, but I also love Chocolate Mousse, Mint, Marzipan and Mocha Latte... yumsters!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Chocolate Hazelnut and Chocolate Raspberry now and almost went for Chocolate Orange as well, but then again orange and lemon/lime are so common in everything that I passed. Chocolate Mint I'm afraid will probably be like After Eight and I think I don't like that on my lips. Chocolate Hazelnut is different. I love Hazelnuts and this mix should work best for me beside the Chocolate Raspberry.

Have to try the consistency of these and I hope they are not too girly.
    If I should be swooned, I will go for Chocolate Orange, Mocha Latte and Vanille Mousse as well.
    Last edited by dr.creed; 19th August 2006 at 08:14 AM.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    Chocolate Mint I'm afraid will probably be like After Eight and I think I don't like that on my lips.
    It's more like Marabou Mint Choko (milk chocolate filled with soft mint fudge) than After Eight.

Enjoy your lip balms!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, they arrived.

First of all I have to say that I know the classic, famous, but probably overrated "Rosebud" already and I bought "Carmex" a few days ago. So I have to judge Ganache afterwards to these.

Consistency: The ones I have tried (Raspberry and Hazelnut) are soo soft, they deform with every contact with my lips. Do I properly have to store them in the fridge??

The Hazelnut was disappointing. Maybe I thought too much about my favourite yoghurt here in austria which is awesome, but this is kind of weird in fragrance terminology. The Raspberry is definitely better, but the consistency makes it no good deal for the money. Ganache is just too expensive for the quantity and quality I got IMHO. Maybe I try again when I stored them in the fridge for at least 24 hours.

Don't get me wrong, I will use them and won't throw them in the bin of course.

"Carmex" is my absolute favourite lip treat. Try it. After ten seconds you get to know what balsam, consistency, smell and cost/performance ratio is. It's phenomenal!
    Last edited by dr.creed; 26th August 2006 at 08:30 PM.
    dr.creed's decant sales
    can be found here:
    Crystal Flacon

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear you're disappointed in them.

Before Ganache I used to wear Blistex (and I also liked Burt's Bees lip balm) but now I find them too "waxy". Ganache is soft and doesn't "stick" to lips and form a "cling film" like some lip balms do, and that's exactly what I love about them.

Btw, I use Smith's Rosebud salve only to my heels and elbows...

Post Thanks / Like

I just received Ganache Chocolate Mint today, and you are right, Tigs! This is just lovely, feels so natural on your lips, and really makes them soft.
    If you don`t put on too much, it`s gorgeous when kissing, too...