Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Skincare expensive or drugstore?

I love Kenzoki approach to the skincare. They are not promising 50% wrinkles less in two weeks or things like that. There promise is that their skincare line makes you feel good and it really is. At this moment I'm using Vital Ice Cream from Ginger line. My skin loves it. Yes, I prefer expencive things, actually not like La Prairre or something like that but Dior, Lancome, Clarins, Kenzoki...

I am totally addicted to Body Shops Olive Body Butter; I don´t know wether to call that natural or drugstore....I have a routine pattern for lotion wich may seem a bit silly I always use the Body Shop butter from feet to waist. (and it is lovely for the feet I must say!) Sometimes I use it up to the shoulders, because it goes well with most fragrances, and sometimes I use fragrance-based body lotion from waist up to shoulders. For my face I use Nivea.

I use Avon facial scrub on my face and follow it with simple moisturiser - about £5.00 for both and my skins feels so smooth and soft! I agree with the body butter comments, their lip butter rocks too.

Although having said that there is a time and a place for higher priced body and skincare. Yesterday I used my Hypnotic Poison body lotion. It felt sooooooooooo good and smelt luveeeerrrrrly [smiley=smiley.gif]

I use such a motley group of products it's embarassing. For face I love the Clinique scrub products such as 7 day rinsable, and the body sloughing cream. Also their clarify lotion and moisturizer - cheap and effective. MD formulations glycolic cleanser has really made a difference in my skin; no breakouts and less oil. No matter what I use, I think the most important thing is sunscreen so Nivea's new non-greasy tube is my daytime moisturizer. I never leave without this stuff on my face. Wish I'd used it when I was younger. All in all, inexpensive products are usually the best for me. I love Eucerin cream, Aveeno lotion rocks, Burts Bees salves and chap sticks, and Aveda's Rose Hip Oil around the eyes is the best.

Just warm water and a cloth for me thanks! [smiley=grin.gif]
    No seriously, that's all I use morning and night everyday of the week, save for an exfoliation with a Lush cleanser weekly or fortnightly, and a Lush moisturiser during dry weather. I used to cleanse twice daily with an anti-acne cleanser but it didn't help much so I gave up and found warm water works much better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kissandmakeup
    Although having said that there is a time and a place for higher priced body and skincare. [smiley=smiley.gif]
    I agree! Though I mostly use drugstore stuff, I have body creams/lotions for some of my favourite scents and using them feels so very luxurious and special.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."