Code of Conduct

Default Hairspray?  Yes, hairspray.

I have thick, fine, fly-away hair. Any suggestions as to which brands leave hair shiney, yet have it stay put? Everything I've tried weighs it down and it feels as though I painted my hair on by the end of the day, Fischer-Price doll style.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Hairspray? ╩Yes, hairspray.

Sorry, Fufu -- still looking for a Holy Grail hairspray! I don't use much, but like you, I want a "natural hold" -- something that holds the style or shape without adding weight, and that also allows movement.

Default Re: Hairspray?  Yes, hairspray.

Haven't worn hairspray for ages but when I did, good old L'Oreal Elnett (black) was the one.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

I do not wear hairspray either,makes my head itch. But Elnett is suppose to be the best and top pick of hairdressers. You can now get different versions of it for different hair types.
    DONNA

Elnett, huh. I'll look for it Thanks. It's been windy here all summer, and I'm tired of looking as though I'm in a state of shock when I don't use hairspray :

Ladylonestar

I wonder if L'Oreal Elnett is carried at beauty supply houses? ╩I looked for it today at Ye Olde Pharmacy (Walgreens) but didn't find it. ╩I did buy some Mink Difference to have on hand until I find Elnett.

Fufu my hair ends are very fly away - what i am trying is using 2 things to get it to work - buy a 'leave in conditioner' (yes you don't wash it out), as well as a hair spray.

A number of companies put them out - (schwartzkoff for example, so even the cheaper lines} - it has certainly helped the ends of my hair.

,,,,and Fufu I had the same trouble as you - that horrible weight down feeling with most products - that's why I'm suggesting the above - hope this tip helps.

Thank you, Lime! ;D ;D I'll check your suggestion out, too. Hopefully, I'll end up with something that will take away that 50,000 Volts of Electricity Coursing Through Her Body look when the wind hits my hair

Shaper by Paul Mitchell I think. Light and doesn't weigh down your hair.
    I don't really use hair spray much but ...when I do....

Default Re: Hairspray? ŠYes, hairspray.

LOL!! I think the ONLY hairspray that ever worked on my fine think limpy hair was the Pink can of AquaNet back in the 80s. I swear this is true!! Horrible as it may seem...it was true!!

I've tried everything through the years...volumizers don't even help my hair. The only way my hair gets any lift is with layered cuts. Unfortunately, I need a hair cut fiercely these days...my hair has somehow managed to almost reach my arse!!

I'm a guy and I haven't used hair spray since middle school in the early 90s. Aqua net was cool. My favorite was Rave though. That stuff made my hair stiff! I can't believe I used to wear that stuff. I use hair gel now which works a lot better.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I use tressame

Ladylonestar

Bump. ;D Where to find L'Oreal Elnett, please? ???

Shaper and Shaper Plus (firm hold) are by Sebastian and everyone here swears by it... Paul Mitchell makes a non aerosol called fast dry (med hold) which is rather good and the firm hold is called Freeze and Shine... I like all 3

Gad, I can't find Elnett either, LadyL. Anyone? ???

MJH

I've done some searching, and it doesn't look like Elnett is sold in the US (Quick! Someone prove me wrong!). But I did find several sources in the UK that will ship to the US:
    http://www.auravita.com/products/AURA/LORE12070.asp
    http://www.a2zmedicines.com/acatalog...d_0316190.html

Ladylonestar

Thank you, Mark!! :-*

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by FufuLaRue
    Gad, I can't find Elnett either, LadyL. ╩Anyone? ???
    I never found it at any US-based on-line vendors, but I just received my catalogue last night from Cambridge Chemists in NYC, and they carry Elnett. I don't see it in their on-line catalogue, though. I'd recommend ordering the catalogue first from their website:
    http://www.cambridgechemists.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

The best thing about the catalogue, of course, is being able to make notes and dogear the pages sitting in bed. I forgot how fun that could be.

Ladylonestar

Thanks, Mark. I have requested a catalog. I could and probably should just call them and order over the phone, I suppose. Catalog in one hand, credit card in the other -- gets me in trouble!! :-[

Elnett is always mentioned in fashion mags. Mark is right. It's not available in drug stores, etc. in the U.S. I wonder what the price is at Cambridge Chemists?

I can't use regular hairspray because of the alcohol (it makes my scalp itch and flake.) I've had success with alcohol-free spray gels such as Clairol Herbal Essence and Garnier Fructis. They smell good and help to hold my hair in place without that "crunchy" look.

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by Perfume_Hound_Dog
    Elnett is always mentioned in fashion mags. ╩Mark is right. ╩It's not available in drug stores, etc. in the U.S. ╩I wonder what the price is at Cambridge Chemists?
    Hound,
    Cambridge stocks three sizes in four formulas (Supreme Hold Strength, Normal Strength, Permed & Coloured Strength and (New) Flexible Hold):
    75 ml: $12.50
    200 ml: $19.50
    400 ml: $26.50

I have no idea how that compares to 'regular' hairspray: I haven't used hairspray since my disco-bunny days. ╩:-[ ╩

Ladylonestar

I guess I'm going to have to phone in an order. Over a month later and the catalog I requested still hasn't arrived. :-[ Time for some of that 400 ml Supreme Hold Strength now! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    Bump. ;D ╩Where to find L'Oreal Elnett, please? ???
    I'm almost sure I saw some L'Oreal hairspray, at my local beauty supply house. You know the place . . . where they ask you whether or not you're a hairdresser?? I always want to tell them: if I were a hairdresser, do you think I'd be running around, with my hair looking like this? Anyhow, for evenings out, I have had to resort to something to keep my hair in place, in particular if it's windy. I like Aussie Mega styling spray, flexible hold. I don't find it to be 'tacky' or heavy. Also, Lady L. have a rat tail comb handy, at all times. My mother always used them. My hairdresser is from Germany . . . Rosemarie loves rat tail combs. They can give you a quick 'lift,' if you know what I mean. Also, they're a nifty little weapon. For myself, I absolutely love Brillantine. Just a teeny bit makes my hair shine like crazy. I think Merle Oberon used it, too.

Shaper Plus by Sebastian is the best stuff...... I've also liked and used Paul Mitchell's freeze and shine. :-*

Quote Originally Posted by AndiMAC
    Shaper and Shaper Plus (firm hold) are by Sebastian ╩and everyone here swears by it...
    Shaper by Sebastian is my holy grail and the only product of any kind I have bought repeatedly over many years. My hair is fine and not extremely thick so Shaper works best for me; Shaper Plus has too much hold. You can even play with this a bit after you spray. I have some natural curl, so I can spray and scrunch if I want to go curly or spray and fluff if I have styled with the dryer. I am very fickle when it comes to cosmetics, soaps, hair products, etc. but this is the one exception.

JAG ;D ;D

Default Re: Hairspray? *Yes, hairspray.

I have found my Hairspray HG...AVEDA Pure Abundance! Firm hold, volumizing...perfect spray - I can't rave enough! Shame I had just stocked up on 2 bottles of my old favorite (also AVEDA, but not exciting anymore).