Code of Conduct

Thread: Curling Mascara

Default Curling Mascara

Which ones actually do curl your lashes?

Also I have noticed that non of the high end brands seem to do these. Dior,YSL and Lancome etc have lenghting,volumizing etc but no curling. Does anyone know why?
    DONNA

Ladylonestar

Default Re: Curling Mascara

I just recently bought a new Lancome mascara; I could swear they had a curling mascara, too, Donna. I could be wrong though. It seems I remember considering it and the SA said, "No. You don't want that one. You want THIS one." ???

Thank you Ladylonestar. I was having a wander round Boots the Chemist and all the drugstore brands seem to have these jumping out at you from the stands.

I use a heated curler thing as I have very straight lashes.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by Ladylonestar
    I just recently bought a new Lancome mascara; I could swear they had a curling mascara, too, Donna. ÊI could be wrong though. ÊIt seems I remember considering it and the SA said, "No. ÊYou don't want that one. ÊYou want THIS one." Ê ???
    Which one was it, Lady L? I've used Lanc™me's Keracils and Definicils, both were very good.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka

Which one was it, Lady L? I've used Lanc™me's Keracils and Definicils, both were very good.
    Tig, the one I ended up buying was HYPNïSE. I really think I wanted FLEXTENCILS Full Extension Curving Mascara, though.

Donna, the Flextencils is supposed to be a "curving mascara" rather than "curling", but isn't it the same thing?

I may try the Estee Lauder ILLUSIONIST Maximum Curling Mascara now, or go ahead and buy the FLEXTENCILS like I had originally wanted. :

Hypn™se?! Quite a name for a mascara! Does it give a hypnotic effect? ;D
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Hypn™se?! Ê Quite a name for a mascara! Does it give a hypnotic effect? ;D
    I wish! ;D

They had free samples of the new Lancome mascara in Debenhams. Of course I missed them but more are suppose to be coming in. So will keep trying.
    DONNA

Flextensils is very good..actually curves them a bit. I have really straight lashes too....

My eyes are really senstive to mascaras, so I go with Clinique High Impact...the only decent one that doesn't bug me.

I use Versace, but am looking for a curl one - do let us know the results if you remember. Thanks.
    Oh where is my flutterby? It's fluttered off somewhere.

I use the Hypnose too. I'll bet it will end up outselling Defencils which is the best selling mascara on the market.

I tried all the Lancome ones and like Extencils best. Definicils is quite good but Hypnose is too thick for me, ends up looking clumpy.
    I had some good curling experiences with Maybelline Sky High Curves, and it is a cheap one so you won't waste too much money if you don't like it.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

Magnificils is the best Lancome mascara, although I havenÇt tried Hypnose yet. I believe the eyelash curler is more important than the mascara, when it comes to curl

Ladylonestar

Quote Originally Posted by anna.s.
    Magnificils is the best Lancome mascara, although I havenÇt tried Hypnose yet. I believe the eyelash curler is more important than the mascara, when it comes to curl
    Speaking of eyelash curlers, has anyone tried the heated eyelash curler? I always end up somehow burning myself with a curling iron so the thought of placing a hot beauty "appliance" near my eyes scares the you-know-what out of me.

Levannah, the Hypnose can end up clumpy; you're correct. It doesn't take much.

I want to try the Dior Show mascara and/or the brand new Estee Lauder mascara -- can' think of the name right now.

Mine don't need much curl. From the drugstore, I like Cover Girl Triple Mascara and Fantastic Lash and Lumene Star Effect. Otherwise, MAC's new Zoom Lash is quite good. Lauder, Clinique and Lancome ain't gonna get a dollar outta me for mascara. I toss mine about every 8 weeks, so I prefer to buy cheap (besides, imo they've got big balls to charge those prices!)

Im also a member of Kevyn Aucoin's forum (a deceased makeup artist) and his line of products include a curling mascara I believe. just go to his site (www.kevynaucoin.com) and click on on the link for his products. Alot of the members have gotten his different mascaras and raved about them.

Now I have tried Lancome Hypnose, they seem to have replaced Magnificils with Hypnose. It's really good too. Anyone tried Diorshow? The brush looks so big and unmanageable...

Someone mentioned clumpy eyelashes - with volume mascaras I need to use a good eyelash comb (the best one so far is from Tweezerman, really sharp!) in between the two layers and then afterwards. So much mascara, so much practice...

Vincent Longo makes a great curling mascara with a curved brush.

Eyelash curler and a decent, inexpensive mascara does just fine. Mabelline or Revlon, whatever. I've found that most mascaras are the same, it's the brushes that are different. I'm with Hound. I refuse to pay big bucks for a big name. My lashes look just fine with the El Cheapo.
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful." -- Mae West

I have a few Kevyn Aucoin brushes which are superb!!!!

The range was available from Harvey Nicholas in the UK but left,so no where to buy his range. The website does not ship to the UK.

I have a heated eyelash curler. It is one of the wand type so you put your mascara on first. Yes it does work really well.

YSL have a new curling mascara coming out this month. Their False Lash one gets great reviews on different beauty boards.

Admit I do like Lancome Deffi one.
    DONNA

I have used bourjois coup de theatre for a while and, although it is not one of the points in the sales pitch, it does result in curled lashes - quite a dramatic difference actually as I have very stumpy eyelashes!