Code of Conduct

Default Article: Winter Skin Care Product Round-Up

Winter skin care - product round-up

by Danielle Cooper, December 2004

It's winter. Festivals are being celebrated across the world, the party season has kicked off and you've bought something to wear that you know will bankrupt you financially, but boost your credit immeasurably in the style stakes. The problem? Well, to put it plainly it's probably your face. It's the time of year when you are more Ready-Brek glow than sun-kissed and the more foundation and concealer you use the flakier and drier your skin looks...

Rest of article: http://www.basenotes.net/articles/winter.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Article: Winter Skin Care Product Round-Up

Interesting article. I have normal/combi skin myself. But there is a different with dry skin and dehydrated skin. Dry skin is something which you have all year and are usally born with,dehydrated is when the moisture level is low. If you use dry skin products on normal/combi dehydrated skin it usually will break out. Drink more water and keep a bowl of water beside central heating. radiators. Move from lotion formulas to creams.
    DONNA

Default Re: Article: Winter Skin Care Product Round-Up

Good point - there is a difference between dry skin as a skin type and dry skin as a symptom of something else, such as dehydration. In my experince however (I too have combination skin) the areas of my face that are not oily/normal do tend to be dry and flaky all year round. It is very common for those with combination skin to have oily skin on the T-zone and dry skin on the cheeks and jaw. It can be tricky treating the two different skin types with one routine. The best thing, I've found, is to use combination products to cleanse and tone and a lighter lotion for the t-zone, whilst using a richer cream, as you suggest, for the dry areas. Of course water (drinking about a litre a day for women, a litre and a half for men) is the best treatment for your skin whatever your skin type, not to mention the wonders it'll do for the rest of your system over the festive season, when over-indulgence gets the better of us...