Code of Conduct

Default Converting perfume oil to alcohol based spray

Hi all,
    I have got some perfume oil which I want to covert into alcohol based spray. I have got access to 99.9% ethanol. I am wondering how can I do this. What should be the ratio of perfume oil to alchol? Ans what percentage of acohol should be there?
    S

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Converting perfume oil to alcohol based spray

10% for edt oil 90% alc
    15% for edp
    20% for parfum

play with the numbers, you must let them sit together for a few weeks as well, or ewlse they will smell too strongly of alcohol at first

Thanks mate. I have inherited a lot of 1ml perfume oil like this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5596706445
    So, to make EDT to 1ml of perfume oil , I add 9ml of pure alcohol, and leave it for a week?
    For EDP, for 1.5 ml of perfume oil, I add 8.5ml of alcohol.
    Though, I had diluted 1:5 to make perfume but it stays very close to skin? To get sillage do I have to increase alcohol content to EDT level? With high alcohol, will it last long?
    Thanks for your much needed help.
    S

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saurya_s
    Thanks mate. I have inherited *a lot of 1ml perfume oil like this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5596706445
    So, to make EDT to 1ml of perfume oil , I add 9ml of pure alcohol, and leave it *for a week?
    For EDP, for 1.5 ml of perfume oil, I add 8.5ml of alcohol.
    Though, I had diluted 1:5 to make perfume but it stays very close to skin? To get sillage do I have to increase alcohol content to EDT level? With high alcohol, will it last long?
    Thanks for your much needed help.
    S
    sillage is not neccesarily dependant on concentration, it mostly something inherent in the chemical composition of the oil itself, I suggest trying a few mixes first, your oils may not be pure, they may be 35% as this is generally the industry standard for huile parfumee, so try a lower alcohol mix first and see what happens, add more alcohol if needed. it would probably be a good idea to grab some glycerine too and add it at maybe 5-10% of total. this will help the longetivity

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting , I have many of these that I'll get started on as well ,, Any others here that have recently converted succesfully ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

Quote Originally Posted by czesc View Post
    sillage is not neccesarily dependant on concentration, it mostly something inherent in the chemical composition of the oil itself, I suggest trying a few mixes first, your oils may not be pure, they may be 35% as this is generally the industry standard for huile parfumee, so try a lower alcohol mix first and see what happens, add more alcohol if needed. it would probably be a good idea to grab some glycerine too and add it at maybe 5-10% of total. this will help the longetivity
    Great tips! Especially the glycerine. I tried it and it really does help extend the scent.

Quote Originally Posted by czesc View Post
    Great tips! Especially the glycerin. I tried it and it really does help extend the scent.