Code of Conduct

Default Spritual Awareness

Hi there!

This is the first time to post in the Fragrance DIY Forum (though I'm one of the "regulars" on the Male Fragrance Forum), and I would appreciate your kind feedback.

I have strong interest in sandalwood and have tried various fragrances available. My favorites are Tam Dao and Sandalo (Lorenzo Villoresi). I'm one of those who have to find reasons in everything, and have been wondering what part of these fragrances attracts me. Then I found this website called Donna's Synergy Guide.

http://www.donnasholidaysentiments.com/synergies.html

She lists all the interesting blends based on a "Synergy" she believes they create. On this list, the one called "Spritual Awareness" caught my eyes. It says Sandalwood and Rosewood. Now, looking at the notes of Tam Dao and Sandalo, these two are included in both! I wonder maybe this blend may be what I truly like in Tam Dao and Sandalo.

Now I have some questions!

[1] What kind of sandalwood oils would you recommend for this specific blend? I understand that there are various kinds of oils including Mysore sandalwood oil, East Indian sandalwood oil, Australian sandalwood oil..... Which one do you think would be the best for this blend? What company would you recommend I should purchase oil from?

[2] What kind of rosewood oil would you recommend? Are there different species? I tried some search on the internet, vut I could not obtain any useful info. What company would you recommend I should purchase oil from?

[3] What about the proportion of the blend? 50:50? 70:30? Does anyone have any experience in this specific blend?

Again, this is my first post on this forum, and I would greatly appreciate your information! Thanks!

VV

Default Re: Spritual Awareness

[1] What kind of sandalwood oils would you recommend for this specific blend? I understand that there are various kinds of oils including Mysore sandalwood oil, East Indian sandalwood oil, Australian sandalwood oil..... Which one do you think would be the best for this blend? What company would you recommend I should purchase oil from?
    Mysore Sandalwood Oil, East Indian Sandalwood OIl and Indian Sandalwood Oil are virtual synonyms. Mysore is a specific location in East India. Actually the sandalwood from Mysore is pretty much all gone so now Indian sandalwood oil comes from adjacent locations. So, if anyone was selling something they called "Mysore" sandalwood oil I would be suspicious of the knowledge or integrity.

The Sandalwood OIl you want is, these days, commonly called Indian Sandalwood oil. It should be from the species Santalum album.

The Australian Sandalwood oil is from a different species and, in my opinion, is worthless as a substitute for India Sandalwood oil from Santalum album.

I recently purchased some Indian Sandalwood oil here:
    http://essentialoil.com/catalog/defa...328d5e18537306
    that was very nice. This company does have a $50 minimum order but given the prices of Indian Sandalwood oil that is not much.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Hi dcampen!

Thanks for your precious info. Let me take a look at the website.

VV

www.qanaat.netfirms.com <--- has some Double Super Grade Mysore Sandalwood which is in very rare supply and very expensive. You can try to contact Ham Firl at qanaat if you are serious about getting some of this. This Sandalwood is the same grade that are used in Buddah ceremonies and are exported by Qanaat out of Singapore. I do have a list of Ham Firls prices and oils email me and i can send that info to you or inquire Ham Firl about if he still has any of the Mysore Oil which is btw simply amazing but not cheap.

best wishes
    n

Probably my favorite oil to convey a transcendent, warm and uplifting note is Cedarwood Himalayan...and it's very inexpensive.