Code of Conduct

Default About Amber (and Sandalwood and Patchouli)

An Amber accord is often found in fragrances and various types of Amber are often listed in the fragrance pyramid (e.g. Dark Tunisian Amber) but there is a lot of confusion as to what Amber actually is. Here is a web site I found that gives what seems to me to be a correct description of the true composition of Amber:
    http://www.edenbotanicals.com/resources.html

Also they have Oud (Agarwood) CO2 extract for $20/gram:
    http://www.edenbotanicals.com/essentials1.html#agarwood
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Default Re: About Amber (and Sandalwood and Patchouli)

I also like Eden Botanicals' quality and service. And their sample program - a rarity in the essential oil trade.

I hesitate to mention this but there is one company I would have to recommend *against* unfortunately. We've all heard the warnings about buying cheap EO's. I succumbed to some outrageously cheap pricing in April on a website called Select Oils, and really regret it now.
    Two items were backordered (Caraway and Champaca), and one inadvertantly left out of my order (Cade oil). I haven't heard from them since April and they haven't replied to my email, so I don't know what to think or if I'll receive these items. I don't like to bad mouth, and if I receive the remainder of the order, I would be happy to post that, but at this point a caution is in order.
    But the real problem was that the oils I received were in several cases appallingly bad. The Mandarin was actually cloudy. The coriander had a rubber smell and a large amount of shiny glitter-like particles floating in it - I don't know what the particles are, but I strained the eo for use. The leftover particles seem mica-like.
    I even knew at the time that the prices was just too cheap, but I couldn't seem to resist that Champaca, Cade, Coriander and Verbena.

Kathy

Here is a company selling Amber EO that they claim is actually produced from fossilized pine tree sap.
    http://www.wellnaturally.com/essenti...amber_oil.html
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

eden botanicals is a nice website with good quality from my expierience but i would not recomend the oud , it is a lower quality and lacks the well know depth and animal of a good agarwood oil.