Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default what color carpet???

This is home-style!

I repainted my boys old rooms. One is now lime sherbert green and the other is raspberry sherbert pink. LOL. The old, old, nasty

carpet is dark pine green. Must I go with beige carpet to replace it?
    Please, spritz responsibly.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what color carpet???

Off-white is my suggestion. To make the rooms look even more dessert-like, I mean...

:
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse
    Off-white is my suggestion. To make the rooms look even more dessert-like, I mean...

:
    A white carpet sounds like a sure disaster to me... So, staying on the gourmand theme, I'd prefer chocolate or orange colours.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is my new, smart(er) solution: New painting is less expensive than carpets, ergo; clean the old carpets, and re-paint the walls off-white!!!

Hey, have you asked your boys about their opinion (might be wise...)

:-*

Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

I think a chocolate colored rug would look very nice with the rasberry, yellow for the lime room. My living room is a very light lime color and I ended up finding a multi-toned rug at Lowes. It works out nicely, being multi-colored hides the little disasters my 3 year leaves behind. You know, boogers and stuff. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies! The carpet must be replaced no matter the wall color. I just painted the rooms--the pink one is actually in progress, as it needs a second coat....

Jon now has a teenage bachelor pad in the basement, and Sam has the master bedroom. My choice was and is the guest room as it overlooks the backyard and pool.

The green room will be a guest room, the pink room will be my office--returning my kitchen table to gastric pursuits.

The two rooms flank the guest bath and I want them to have the same color carpet for continuity of style.

That bath and the living room are a creamy french vanilla yellow---HA HA! I'd never thought of yellow carpet!! And that's a great idea!

A dark chocolate brown would also work, and undoubtably be more practical and less visually disturbing.

Heh,heh, yellow it is. Thank you!!

The carpet should match the curtains.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bottoni
    I don't have curtains in my house. Each window, upstairs and down, has Levelor roller shades in a white, sturdy synthetic/fabric kind of material. They amazingly are opaque for complete privacy while not blocking any light. They give me that continuity of style I like, and are subtily textured so it looks like sheets of water were flowing down and have a scalloped gimp edged bottom.

Some neighbors thought blinds were cheap and wanted me to get some kind of slatted mini-blinds or plantation shutters. I steadfastly refused, even though in actuality my blinds cost the same any other kind of blind.

My shades keep my house totally private, full of natural light, and they are never in need of dusting !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand carpets -nor they I (rugs are OK). get a cherry floor and stain it pink. Now, that would be something...
    "He was some kind of a man... What does it matter what you say about people?"

Shycat! What did you decide on?

Post Thanks / Like

Mercy! I got these two rooms creamy french vanilla yellow. It really opens the old eyes, but I love it. And yes, my pink and yellow cotton candy office does show dirt something fierce. I got a zone shock collar for the dog, and he hears a beep first, but then a shock if he crosses the threshold. The room doesn't exist for him anymore. When I go in, I may as well have transported to another planet. The basement Berber (totally destroyed by puppy/dog and many 'accidents') is currently being taken up. By me. ARRRGH. You know I couldn't abide the lingering, pervasive odor.

BUT, my big plan is to do a faux finish and seal it under polyurethane, exactly like friend of mine did in her old house We will see. The first cut, I looked at Jon, and said "I'm going to be sorry I started this."

And yet, I did it anyway. I will never understand myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bottoni
    Heh... I can't help but remember Roger (the alien) from American Dad looking at Hayley's newly-dyed bright green hair and lewdly asking Hayley if "the carpet matches the curtains."

Post Thanks / Like

Some man or another once jibed Marilyn Monroe about being brown below. She kept it dyed blonde to match her hair from then on.

We have hardwood floors with rugs scattered about. We have begun collecting rugs made in Pakistan, since we cannot get Persian rugs from Iran. But one of my favorite rugs is a Marshall's cheapie. Anyway, none of the curtains match the rugs around here! Sometimes I would rather have carpeting upstairs in the bedrooms.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sherrie11
    We have hardwood floors with rugs scattered about. We have begun collecting rugs made in Pakistan, since we cannot get Persian rugs from Iran. But one of my favorite rugs is a Marshall's cheapie. Anyway, none of the curtains match the rugs around here! Sometimes I would rather have carpeting upstairs in the bedrooms.
    Yup, that's where I have it, just in the bedrooms. The main bedrooms still have incredibly glorious (not) beige carpet, worn and flat in all the pathways. I'll update that the basement is still raw unsealed untouched concrete.......eh heh, at least it doesn't stink, though!

Hi Shycat, I just had all my wall to wall carpeting ripped out and Laminate in oak put in. I put down a lot of Persian rugs. This way it stays smelling fresh and if I get tired of the rugs after several years, I can switch them aound. Why don't you post for us some pictures of your new work on your house?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how. I can work on it, though...

You could stencil your concrete basement floor, or give it some kind of faux look, and then seal it. Might be fun if you're artsy-craftsy.

Post Thanks / Like

I realize this was all months ago Shycat, but I'd love to see pics of what you've done in your house.

If you need any help with posting them here on the thread, I can help.
    Just let me know!

I adore seeing people's decorating ideas... it's so reflective of their personalities I've always thought.
    Beauty is an ecstasy; it is as simple as hunger. There is really nothing to be said about it. It is like the perfume of a rose: you can smell it and that is all. W.SOMERSET MAUGHAM

Post Thanks / Like

Oh God. The carpet isn't completely up from the basement. Why did I ever admit this project to the public? I suppose I could post some pics, and then you all could think less of me. LOL! It's a mess.

I did hit the little dog with the car. So he's not peeing anywhere anymore.
    Last edited by Shycat; 25th August 2007 at 05:02 AM.