Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses?

Dependent

Default Re: Sunglasses?

I have been quite interested in some Police sunglasses and I've seen quite a few in local optical shops. I particularly like this pair of aviators. Does anyone have experience with Police? I've never owned any of their products before.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Very nice sunglasses J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why thank you!! They are actually so light and comfortable, as well as doing a good job of blocking the sun

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I have been quite interested in some Police sunglasses and I've seen quite a few in local optical shops. I particularly like this pair of aviators. Does anyone have experience with Police? I've never owned any of their products before.
    Matthewfoo, those are HOT sunglasses. I've been hearing about the Police line for awhile, but have no firsthand experience. Hyper stylish though. Love them.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I'm currently in a debate over which pair of PRESCRIPTION sunglasses I should get. How are you able to know if a certain pair can be done with prescription lenses? I have a (-3.75, -4.0) prescription and often times stores aren't able to offer a wide selection of frame choices. I already have a $350 credit for a fully paid pair of prescription sunglasses (w/all coatings) at my local eyeglasses store, and they just told me to bring in a photo of the pair I want. These are the two options I'm currently considering, that is, if they can be done with prescription lenses:

Option #1

Option #2

Anyone here have any insight into this?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Matthewfoo, those are HOT sunglasses. I've been hearing about the Police line for awhile, but have no firsthand experience. Hyper stylish though. Love them.
    Wow, coming from a super stylish lady like yourself, I am more convinced about giving them a try at the shop now. Thanks 3xasif

i have a big head/face so I wear my grandmas old sunglasses which are usually pretty big and look alright. I'd like to get a pair of ray ban wayfarer's but I don't think I could pull them off.
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

The sunglasses in my avatar are black Dior Homme ones which I bought the last time I went to Milan.

Check Out The Post Of Mine In What I"m Wearing Today. I Paid $1000 For Them But They Are Worth It

Im thinking about this

AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Anyone know of any reputable online discount stores for sunglasses? Something like a Beauty Encounter but for sunglasses??

People should check out the selection at Marshalls/TJ Maxx etc. There are plenty of name brands there. I think it really depends on the store locations since some stores have much better selection than others.

Be very careful buying sunnies online from discounters. They're way up there with handbags and perfume when it comes to being faked.

I'd also like to say that all men should wear Barton Perreira. When I am the boss of the world, I will decree it.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post

I'd also like to say that all men should wear Barton Perreira. When I am the boss of the world, I will decree it.
    I think their female frames are more inspired than the ones they make for men. I like the Jackie O sunglasses look on a lady.

I just bought the 'Starlet' style in pearl. I have to say I like the 'Mogul' style for men, tho. I do like their men's frames but they are less 'inspired' than their women's.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

By far the best: Ray Ban Wayfarers........
    You let me be in your dream and I'll let you be in mine...
    Bob Dylan

aviators and wayfarers (clubmasters if you want to avoid the larger herd). Polarized or bust.
    Last edited by DerangedGoose; 27th December 2009 at 07:28 PM.

I have quite a few pairs of sunglasses myself:

Tommy Hilfiger aviators
    A pair from Guess
    Zara
    Rayban polarized avaitors
    Rayban wayfarers

I usually wear my rayban aviators.

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I'm currently in a debate over which pair of PRESCRIPTION sunglasses I should get. How are you able to know if a certain pair can be done with prescription lenses? I have a (-3.75, -4.0) prescription and often times stores aren't able to offer a wide selection of frame choices. I already have a $350 credit for a fully paid pair of prescription sunglasses (w/all coatings) at my local eyeglasses store, and they just told me to bring in a photo of the pair I want. These are the two options I'm currently considering, that is, if they can be done with prescription lenses:

Option #1

Option #2

Anyone here have any insight into this?

I think the reason why stores don't offer a wide selection of frames and lenses is because of your prescription. My cousin almost has the same prescription as yours. We went to a shop one time to have the lenses of her sunglasses changed with her prescription. Unfortunately, the optometrist told us that it would not be possible since her prescription was big and the frames cannot hold lenses which are too thick. Her lenses were big ones. The optometrist advised her to buy a frame which could hold small lenses only. Because, the higher the prescription, the thicker the glasses would be. If you would put a high prescription on a big lens, the result would be a very thick one which the frame cannot accommodate.

These are the ones I currently own

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Wow. Thanks for all the replies guys. What's funny is that since starting this post, I ended up going back to the store and bought a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. They look simple/boring but boy are they the best quality shades I've ever worn.
    Really?? hahaha... I've never had a Maui Jim before.. and I've never thought about it's quality... hmmm... makes me wanna try that one..

I just bought these Ray-Bans which I'm very pleased with. Spent $200 only to come home and find them online for $130. The place I bought them at though does 90-day returns if you break 'em, they'll replace them for you at only 50% of the cost. Here's me modeling them for you.

Last edited by stoavio; 10th April 2010 at 07:25 AM.

I bought a $7.50 pair of aviators from H&M a few weeks ago and they are more than satisfactory, as I only wear sunglasses when I am driving.

In the words of a great man, "You know who wears sunglasses indoors? Blind people and assholes."

Wearing my Gucci sunglasses today (obviously not atm i'm inside!)
    In my opinion everyone should buy a decent pair the difference in comfort is pretty amazing when you compare them to a cheap pair!
    I think I'm going to buy a pair of Louis Vuitton for this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    "You know who wears sunglasses indoors? Blind people and assholes."
    And Italians. But maybe they're counted among the assholes.

When I lived in Milano I found it weird at first that people wore sunglasses in the subway, nightclubs, everywhere, but you do get used to it.

Cool Re: Sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    When I lived in Milano I found it weird at first that people wore sunglasses in the subway, nightclubs, everywhere, but you do get used to it.
    So it would appear. You weren't inside when your avatar pic was taken, were you?

17350_1083277977876_1704173719_161897_7353531_s[1].jpgThese are my faves...under $15.00 at H&M!

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    So it would appear. You weren't inside when your avatar pic was taken, were you?

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    17350_1083277977876_1704173719_161897_7353531_s[1].jpgThese are my faves...under $15.00 at H&M!
    wow I haven't seen shades like that since I saw the movie Mannequin

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    wow I haven't seen shades like that since I saw the movie Mannequin
    I bought them just for kicks...they are like having an "instant costume"!!!!

I wear the over-the-glasses sunglasses, cheap and UV resistant drugstore variety... as I tend to sit on sunglasses or leave them where they melt. Good thing big frames are in, but these do a great job of disguising the fact they're over another pair of glasses. (I do feel insect-like with them on.) (but not in the avatar pic, those were photograys.)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 18th April 2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Thumbs up Re: Sunglasses?

In My Marc Jacobs

These Get Me So Many Compliments Every Time I Wear Them. $975, Limited Edition.

Since about 2 years I'm wearing eyeglasses for a minor myopia. Doctor told me I'll never be totally cured of it, so I'll have to wear eyeglasses forever. Depressed me, I had very difficult times geting used to wearing something on my nose, I never wore even sunglasses before, ever, hated the sensation.

But now I got used to it, and started to see a good part. Glasses as a nice accesory to complement my feeatures. Got really interested in this, frames, features you can put on a lens and so on.

I had 3 pairs till now, and as I changed the diopters (doing better!) I also changed the lenses of the older frames, so I could wear them as well, acording to my mood/clothes. I've got some prada(chic-geeky green), chanel (fancy gold-en ones,emanate luxury, I hardly wear them cause of this) and givenchy(most comfy) frames. I like givenchy ones the most.

This is not totally offtopic, cause they also work as sunglasses, feature protections for sun, computer and stuff,and some complicated coatings... I can really feel my eyez feeling better cause of this, sun protection really makes a diffrence. I don't feel my eyes tired after a sunny day.

that's how the givenchy ones look (exact colours)- lenses look light brown or so,so the look nicer than in this pic:
    Last edited by w3pearl; 20th April 2010 at 02:43 AM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

I Also Have These . I Gave These To My Mom. I Let Her Wear Them And She Didn't Want To Give Them Back So I let Her Keep Them :-) .

I Also Have Prada And Calvin Klein Aviators. The Prada's Are Cat Eyes, Not Really My Style But My Mom Bought Them For Me For Letting Her Wear the Brown Gucci's. Now She Wants My Marc Jacobs, Not Happening!

I have Ray Ban, Spy and Oakleys and they are nice. but as far as style goes I like my Locs the best. =) lol go figure.....

fountain

classic wayfarers

DeepSilence

An Italian brand i think: VinTi
    I have used it about 2 years. Inner layer was very sensitive. I taked care it, but now it has too scratch. I should buy something else.

I have of rayban 3320,great lenses,just a little heavy.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1274211082

I tend to stay on "classic" shapes...and i never look at the brand.

I bought this one from D&G, but it wont arrive yet (1 month delivery waiting sucks)

Its not soooo masculine, actually its feminine, but i think its awesome and i use it.

And my girl have a RB3386, its more masculine than mine:

So i get that its balanced, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    I bought this one from D&G, but it wont arrive yet (1 month delivery waiting sucks)

Its not soooo masculine, actually its feminine, but i think its awesome and i use it.

Swap glasses
    Anyways,Brazil huh? Delivery does suck in Brazil,where did you buy it? Dont forget that theres always the chance of being robbed by the mail.

I will not swap, im girly a little bit, and my girl is macho a little bit

About the waiting time, hell yeah, brazil suuuuuckssssssssssss the asssssss

Vuarnet Cat's Eye shaped glasses in black frames. Had'em for many many years

Fiiiiiiiiiinaly it arrived:

D&G 8008

I have 2 pairs :POLAROID and HAGA EYEWEAR .Not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by MFJ View Post
    police are really good stuff, and the desing rockssss!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I have several pairs, Ray-Ban (aviator model) , bikkenberg (rock style) also Tommy hilghfiger
    Last edited by blackened; 30th December 2010 at 02:05 PM.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post

I love that ray-ban dude !!! Cool !!!!

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Diesel has also desings very cool.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I rarely EVER buy sunglasses (as Ive always seemed to find them abandoned in carparks or on the beach and thought "they'll do!".
    This Christmas however, I specifically wanted a decent pair of sunnies, and found two pairs under the tree.
    (OK, so wifey wasn't solely responsible for picking them out... I did a lot of "positive suggestion" prior to the holidays)!

Prada

Marcs

I wore Serengeti's for years when I was doing a lot of driving.....that driving lens is the best I've seen. I left my last pair at a gig 2 years ago and the host of the party claimed they weren't there although I KNOW right where they were on the patio when I packed up to leave. Bastardo probably kept them.

I wear Maui Jim's currently.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I rarely EVER buy sunglasses (as Ive always seemed to find them abandoned in carparks or on the beach and thought "they'll do!".
    This Christmas however, I specifically wanted a decent pair of sunnies, and found two pairs under the tree.
    (OK, so wifey wasn't solely responsible for picking them out... I did a lot of "positive suggestion" prior to the holidays)!

Prada

Marcs

that Marcs rocks mate! I like it

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Thanks blackened... I wanted an aviator(ish) style, but with a modern twist. They do the trick!

I'm a Ray-Ban man. I own 3 pair. I like to pick them up on discount. Black plastic aviators (70's style), and two with gold wire frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Thanks blackened... I wanted an aviator(ish) style, but with a modern twist. They do the trick!
    me too, the "pure" aviator is too fashion for me.

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    me too, the "pure" aviator is too fashion for me.
    Here they are online:

http://www.marcs.com.au/product-deta...l=6104&cat=129

thanks Sorcery , good to know it!

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

I scooped these up today...

Except mine are black...

I wear james dean like glasses but they are actully prescripted and turn polarized when i go outside

Blog Entries

I have a pair of fairly sporty Quicksilver sunglasses (the ones you can get in just about every surf shop) for biking / doing anything athletic outside. For everything else, I have a pair of gold rimmed Ray Ban Aviators (love them!).

I have about 16 pairs of sunglasses. Ranging from $5 - $300+ I tend to get compliments on my cheaper ones and they're also the ones I think look better most of the time. I have a pair of killer mirrored aviators I bought for $10 at some discount store and I they're my favourite pair to wear at the moment. Someone thought they were Tom Ford ones actually.

I bought these Prada Cat Eye sunglasses in black the other day and I love them

I don't know if anyone has mentioned Kaenon, but IMO they have the best lenses on the market right now, their copper tint is amazing.