Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Sunglasses?

Dependent

Default Re: Sunglasses?

I have been quite interested in some Police sunglasses and I've seen quite a few in local optical shops. I particularly like this pair of aviators. Does anyone have experience with Police? I've never owned any of their products before.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERTO View Post
    Very nice sunglasses J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why thank you!! They are actually so light and comfortable, as well as doing a good job of blocking the sun

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I have been quite interested in some Police sunglasses and I've seen quite a few in local optical shops. I particularly like this pair of aviators. Does anyone have experience with Police? I've never owned any of their products before.
    Matthewfoo, those are HOT sunglasses. I've been hearing about the Police line for awhile, but have no firsthand experience. Hyper stylish though. Love them.
    beauty guru & perfume whisperer
    dalybeauty.ca
    twitter @daly_beauty

I'm currently in a debate over which pair of PRESCRIPTION sunglasses I should get. How are you able to know if a certain pair can be done with prescription lenses? I have a (-3.75, -4.0) prescription and often times stores aren't able to offer a wide selection of frame choices. I already have a $350 credit for a fully paid pair of prescription sunglasses (w/all coatings) at my local eyeglasses store, and they just told me to bring in a photo of the pair I want. These are the two options I'm currently considering, that is, if they can be done with prescription lenses:

Option #1

Option #2

Anyone here have any insight into this?

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by 3xasif View Post
    Matthewfoo, those are HOT sunglasses. I've been hearing about the Police line for awhile, but have no firsthand experience. Hyper stylish though. Love them.
    Wow, coming from a super stylish lady like yourself, I am more convinced about giving them a try at the shop now. Thanks 3xasif

i have a big head/face so I wear my grandmas old sunglasses which are usually pretty big and look alright. I'd like to get a pair of ray ban wayfarer's but I don't think I could pull them off.
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

The sunglasses in my avatar are black Dior Homme ones which I bought the last time I went to Milan.

Check Out The Post Of Mine In What I"m Wearing Today. I Paid $1000 For Them But They Are Worth It

Im thinking about this

AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Anyone know of any reputable online discount stores for sunglasses? Something like a Beauty Encounter but for sunglasses??

People should check out the selection at Marshalls/TJ Maxx etc. There are plenty of name brands there. I think it really depends on the store locations since some stores have much better selection than others.

Be very careful buying sunnies online from discounters. They're way up there with handbags and perfume when it comes to being faked.

I'd also like to say that all men should wear Barton Perreira. When I am the boss of the world, I will decree it.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post

I'd also like to say that all men should wear Barton Perreira. When I am the boss of the world, I will decree it.
    I think their female frames are more inspired than the ones they make for men. I like the Jackie O sunglasses look on a lady.

I just bought the 'Starlet' style in pearl. I have to say I like the 'Mogul' style for men, tho. I do like their men's frames but they are less 'inspired' than their women's.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

By far the best: Ray Ban Wayfarers........
    You let me be in your dream and I'll let you be in mine...
    Bob Dylan

aviators and wayfarers (clubmasters if you want to avoid the larger herd). Polarized or bust.
    Last edited by DerangedGoose; 27th December 2009 at 07:28 PM.

I have quite a few pairs of sunglasses myself:

Tommy Hilfiger aviators
    A pair from Guess
    Zara
    Rayban polarized avaitors
    Rayban wayfarers

I usually wear my rayban aviators.

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I'm currently in a debate over which pair of PRESCRIPTION sunglasses I should get. How are you able to know if a certain pair can be done with prescription lenses? I have a (-3.75, -4.0) prescription and often times stores aren't able to offer a wide selection of frame choices. I already have a $350 credit for a fully paid pair of prescription sunglasses (w/all coatings) at my local eyeglasses store, and they just told me to bring in a photo of the pair I want. These are the two options I'm currently considering, that is, if they can be done with prescription lenses:

Option #1

Option #2

Anyone here have any insight into this?

I think the reason why stores don't offer a wide selection of frames and lenses is because of your prescription. My cousin almost has the same prescription as yours. We went to a shop one time to have the lenses of her sunglasses changed with her prescription. Unfortunately, the optometrist told us that it would not be possible since her prescription was big and the frames cannot hold lenses which are too thick. Her lenses were big ones. The optometrist advised her to buy a frame which could hold small lenses only. Because, the higher the prescription, the thicker the glasses would be. If you would put a high prescription on a big lens, the result would be a very thick one which the frame cannot accommodate.

These are the ones I currently own

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    Wow. Thanks for all the replies guys. What's funny is that since starting this post, I ended up going back to the store and bought a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. They look simple/boring but boy are they the best quality shades I've ever worn.
    Really?? hahaha... I've never had a Maui Jim before.. and I've never thought about it's quality... hmmm... makes me wanna try that one..

I just bought these Ray-Bans which I'm very pleased with. Spent $200 only to come home and find them online for $130. The place I bought them at though does 90-day returns if you break 'em, they'll replace them for you at only 50% of the cost. Here's me modeling them for you.

Last edited by stoavio; 10th April 2010 at 07:25 AM.

I bought a $7.50 pair of aviators from H&M a few weeks ago and they are more than satisfactory, as I only wear sunglasses when I am driving.

In the words of a great man, "You know who wears sunglasses indoors? Blind people and assholes."

Wearing my Gucci sunglasses today (obviously not atm i'm inside!)
    In my opinion everyone should buy a decent pair the difference in comfort is pretty amazing when you compare them to a cheap pair!
    I think I'm going to buy a pair of Louis Vuitton for this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    "You know who wears sunglasses indoors? Blind people and assholes."
    And Italians. But maybe they're counted among the assholes.

When I lived in Milano I found it weird at first that people wore sunglasses in the subway, nightclubs, everywhere, but you do get used to it.

Cool Re: Sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    When I lived in Milano I found it weird at first that people wore sunglasses in the subway, nightclubs, everywhere, but you do get used to it.
    So it would appear. You weren't inside when your avatar pic was taken, were you?

17350_1083277977876_1704173719_161897_7353531_s[1].jpgThese are my faves...under $15.00 at H&M!

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    So it would appear. You weren't inside when your avatar pic was taken, were you?

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    17350_1083277977876_1704173719_161897_7353531_s[1].jpgThese are my faves...under $15.00 at H&M!
    wow I haven't seen shades like that since I saw the movie Mannequin

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    wow I haven't seen shades like that since I saw the movie Mannequin
    I bought them just for kicks...they are like having an "instant costume"!!!!

I wear the over-the-glasses sunglasses, cheap and UV resistant drugstore variety... as I tend to sit on sunglasses or leave them where they melt. Good thing big frames are in, but these do a great job of disguising the fact they're over another pair of glasses. (I do feel insect-like with them on.) (but not in the avatar pic, those were photograys.)
    Last edited by actiasluna; 18th April 2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Thumbs up Re: Sunglasses?

In My Marc Jacobs

These Get Me So Many Compliments Every Time I Wear Them. $975, Limited Edition.