Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Blog Entries

Default Let's talk SHOES!!!

Anyone have a favorite brand of shoes? I've been an avid Converse Chuck Taylor lover for several years. Gone through 40+ pairs of these babies, & I currently have around 15 pair. My newest pair I just got TODAY. They're the new black monochrome pinstripe ones. LOVE 'EM.

How 'bout you? What are your favorite shoes?
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Anyone have a favorite brand of shoes? *I've been an avid Converse Chuck Taylor lover for several years. *Gone through 40+ pairs of these babies, & I currently have around 15 pair. *My newest pair I just got TODAY. *They're the new black monochrome pinstripe ones. *LOVE 'EM.

How 'bout you? *What are your favorite shoes?
    Holy Crap , Me too! I love the Converse Chuck Taylors. Just go into them last year. I bought my first pair last year for 20 bucks canadian. I wasn't really into them at first, but thier really light and comfy to walk in. I also had troubles matching my jeans with my shoes, but with the Chucks they match everything. Thier so great even Dior Homme based the look of his shoes in his Spring/Summer 2005 collection on them. The designer of Dior Homme, Hedi Silmane is also a big fan of Chucks and I think that's all he wears himself. The only setback is that my toes get wet/cold when walking through the snow in the cold Canadian Winters. I think they currently have a pair with wool coverings inside, I might want to buy those ones. I currently have a pair of Navy Blues in the High Top look. I'm looking into buying two more pairs of ebay, but that Ebay seller won't return my emails. CJ, do you know of any good websites/seller on ebay that might sell Chucks at a good price. I'm looking into buying the low tops in either white with the blue and red stripes at the very bottom or the all black monochrome ones.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CONVERSE-ALL-STAR...QQcmdZViewItem

I like the ones above but the Ebay seller won't return my emails. He doesn't have my shoe size but he claims he has all the sizes in his ebay store. I went there and he currently only has 10 items listed there. Anyways I hope he emails back soon.

I used to wear Puma and Diesel, but thier so highly popular on my college campus that it's crazy. Every second guy and girl is wearing the same pair. Chucks are populars as well but everybody's got there own style/look so it doesn't matter. I've seen green, pink, the LA Laker yellow and purple and even the John Lennon special editions on campus. Everyones got there own look/style to their Chucks so it doesn't matter.

Desert boots from Clarks! Too hot for summer and too cold for winter, but still they stay on my feet most of the year. Steve McQueen had them, the Mods had them and every time I see someone walking the streets in a pair of Desert boots I feel that we have some kind of connection!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    CJ, do you know of any good websites/seller on ebay that might sell Chucks at a good price.
    AWESOME to find another Chuck lover here!!!! *I get almost all my Chucks from zappos.com. *Great prices, sales all the time, & FREE shipping. *Ebay is kind of hit & miss, to tell you the truth. *Sellers sometimes neglect to inform potential buyers about little abnormalities of the shoes sometimes. *Like, my brother got a pair of black high tops from ebay. *They were listed as new in the box. *Well...sure enough, they came in the box...but they looked to be VERY old stock, & the color had faded to a charcoal gray!!! *Zappos.com only sells the new ones, so you always know what you're getting. *Hope this helps!

Hey CJ thanks for the info. on the website , I actually checked them out but I don't think they ship outside of the USA so I'm stuck there. Too bad :'( because they had some great prices and styles/colors for the Chucks. I think I'll just check around some more.

By the way Panto, I like Desert Boots as well. My dad bought his pair in Spain but he couldn't find his size so he bought a pair in a smaller size hoping they would expand a bit. Too bad they didn't but he gave them to me instead. I really like and planning to wear then more this winter.

Blog Entries

Damn, didn't realize you were out of the states, sorry. I'm not sure if they ship outside of the USA & I'm heading off from work right now so I don't have time to check, but try www.americanathletics.com.

I love my Pumas, especially these ones:

i love timberland. not because they are particularly stylish, but they have earned my loyalty through customer service. i had a pair of boots that, after about 6 years of use, started to split in the soles. i took them into the store (not the store i bought them in) with no receipt or anything, and they resoled them for free. no questions asked. did a really great job too.

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Formal - Church's English semi brogues

Casual - Oliver Sweeney, Boss suede slip-ons and Converse

Slippers - Trickers of Jermyn Street - velvet with crest

Ironically, fragrance is only my second passion. My first passion is sneaker collecting. My closet is plagued with Michael Jordan shoes. Shoes are a contributing factor to why I'm broke. BTW, I have the lowtop Chuck Taylors in every color.

For dress shoes, I prefer Trickers. I also do some hiking, and for comfort and durability you can't beat Altberg boots IMO.
    Rick

I can't live without my Dansko clogs (The Professional).

I live in high heels, including my slippers at home so casuals shoes are a lost concept on me.
    Something to do with years of ballet training I suppose, but my feet actually hurt when walking in flats.
    My favourites for evening are black satin Dior pumps and leather tie-up Russel&Bromley spiky stilettos.
    For day I have several pairs of very feminine Pura Lopez pumps but for dressier occasions I love my Chloe python slingbacks.
    My all-time favourite pair are Lanvin shoes covered in some striped silk that tie around the ankles. They look totally crazy and chic at the same time.
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

I love my Adidas Superstars - I have them in both colors. (black&white)
    I also love army boots in different variations, although I am a pacifist myself actually...

levannah, those sound like some sexy shoes you have there. :-*

Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado

Thanx, Liquid. :-*
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

SHOES SHOES SHOES
    WHAT A TOPIC
    AS WELL AS LOVING FRAGRANCES, HANDBAGS ,SUNGLASSES,BELTS,LIPGLOSS, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.... I LOOOOVVVVE SHOES!!!!

I HAVE 112 PAIRS.
    IM A BIG FAN OF FAITH SHOES
    I HAVE JUST SPLURGED ON AN AMAZING PAIR OF BLACK OVER THE KNEE BOOTS £120
    BUT THEY ARE SO WORTH IT.
    KILLER HEELS(I SOUND LIKE A HOOKER), AND A BUCKLE DETAIL ON THE SIDE.
    LOOK GREAT OVER JEANS OR WITH SHORTS N TIGHTS

If I am honest, I will admit that I have ALWAYS thought that ALL the fragrance lovers are more or less SCHIZO! ;D

I REALLY do think so!!! ;D

Hello! I'm new here. Just bumped into another favorite topic.

casual:
    Favorites: timberland, Enzo, and some clarks shoes ( Not all). They earned my loyalthy through style (comfort) and quality. But my favorite pair is a DKNY, very cute and comfortable.

Had bad experience with: Easyspirit, Naturalizer. Bad quality; not sure why a pair of Easyspirit boots was labelled $120; it couldn't survive 10 times of wearing.

Business:
    Favorites: Aigner, Ferragamo ( some). This is because I like pumps and I can't wear high heels ( they are killers). I have many pairs of Aigner. My favorite Ferragamo is a pair of black Satin, which is not as durable as the brand sounds.

How about doc Martins? I mean not the heavy boots but more regular ones. They look quite quality. Anyway also a converse fan here.

Thecoolest boots around (if you arent looking for military style or snow-shovelling jobbers) is by Bronx... look at zappos.com

Dr. Martens are good, but i hate the yellow stitching

Having big feet (UK12 and wide) it's sometimes a pain to get what I want particularly in sales, which is a shame as I am definitely a shoe man. I also like gloves, hats and other accessories which is quite appropriate for this forum really many of the first perfumers were also glove makers, leather scenters and as today purveyors of other fancy goods. Personally, *I'm really more into the traditional side of things: Crockett and Jones, Churches, Trickers, Barker, Loake. Though there are some Jeffrey-West shoes I love (pointy, slightly fetishistic while still smart!) likewise some Prada and the like. On the cazh side of things I like timberlands as long as they eschew innovations such as folding down or having writing all over them (which I despise in all forms of clothing) and *there used to be some Le Coq sportif trainers in orange and blue I liked but they seem to have vanished and I also wear MBT trainers for their supposed posture and heath benefits, though they are truly truly ugly.

All the talk of knee-high stilettos with shorts, and the thought of Levannah's fine ankles curving into an exquisite pair of deeply impractical heels has brought about the necessity of a lie down, perhaps with moist balsam infused town on the forehead. Either that or the solid week of festive boozing is taking its toll. Ere I die, I wish you all the compliments of the Season.

Asics for runners, and Hispanitas for everything else. They've proven themselves time and time again, to be absolutely awesome shoes lines ;D

Here are my dream shoes...........

http://www.newandlingwood.com/information.phtml
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove

Ahh! The Russian calf Derby. Have you seen the London Cobbler's Correspondent Shoe?

I've got a vintage pair of converse that I wear every now & again, but I've got a light brown pair of Trickers which have served me well, I also wear Crockett & Jones, RM Williams boots, I have a lot of respect for other English shoemakers such as John Lobb, Fosters & Sons, Edward Green. New & Lingwood & Grensons. Since Prada took over Churches, my confidence has yet to be restored...

Lately I've been having a sordid love affair with Berluti; the French cobler, they are very fine shoes indeed, Westons aren't far behind either... Has anyone heard of Henderson's?
    Last edited by magnnum; 23rd May 2008 at 02:26 PM.
    Let your nose be your pilot

I hate most of Miuccia's designs, but when it comes to shoes I go for Prada. Along this I tend to buy all kind of brands, just as long as I feel the shoes are good looking and well made.

Since Prada took over Churches, my confidence has yet to be restored...

Lately I've been having a sordid love affair with Berluti; the French cobler, they are very fine shoes indeed, Westons aren't far behind either... Has anyone heard of Henderson's?
    First the issue of Prada and Church's shoes. *What has been the impact I wonder?

I have a pair of black Diplomats that just pre-date the Prada era. *They have been away for refurbishment in the Prada era and came back looking as good as new. *Presented in a new box, they looked just as they had when brand new except they felt like my shoes *I examined some shoes in the Jermyn St branch of Church's last week and to my (admittedly not well-trained) eye they looked pretty pukka....

I also have a pair of very Prada-influenced ankle boots 'the Glen ' which have now gone two winters and they remain absolutely beautiful. *The style is of course controversial to some, having a distinctively squared off toe.

As far as slippers go, I have three Church's pairs currently - wine velvet Sovereign; black leather Hercules and brown leather Ajax. *All were purchased in the Prada era. *The Ajax are better IMO than the older versions I have owned over the years. *The other two pairs seem well made and are very nice to wear.

So, I should very interested to hear other's views on this delicate subject.

I have never owned any Berluti but did read a fascinating piece about a self-styled 'Swann Club' of London based Berluti owners which claimed that they met to clean their prized possesions in Krug Champagne

I'm going back to Puma.

I tried out a pair of Macbeth shoes, because they got good reviews and I liked their look, and after 3 months the toe is peeling off already. $103 shoes and the toe peels off in less than 3 months? I don't even wear them that much.

But I do recommend zappos.com. The macbeths were the first pair of shoes I ordered from them, and they're willing to give me a full cash refund if I mail the shoes back, which I am. Their delivery is great also.

I'm also thinking about trying a pair of these out, posted in another thread: http://www.cinti.it/html/catalogo_uomo.cfm

I've never tried anything like those but the first shoe on the first row and the third shoe on the first row have my interest.