Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Just have to digress a tad here -- who here has heard the hilarious song "Shoes" by Kelly?
    Kelly's official fan site: http://www.betchslap.com/
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 9th October 2007 at 11:16 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Hi fragrancestar I also have a lot....My friends call me the male version of Imelda Marcos.
    Last week end I have been in Paris and I got a pair from the best shoemaker in the world, Pierre Corthay. What a SHOE !!!!

For me Nike is still my favorite...

I think I must be getting old.....giggle. I bought a pair of flats!!! OMG!! I can't believe I even typed that! You couldn't catch me without my heels. Now, I just want to be comfortable.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Just have to digress a tad here -- who here has heard the hilarious song "Shoes" by Kelly?
    Kelly's official fan site: http://www.betchslap.com/
    Sorry to hijack this thread...

I saw Kelly perform this live at a Margaret Cho concert last year - I laughed so hard my torso was sore. OMG...hilarious. They were selling 'Betch' shirts at the concert too.

Talking Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Cole Haan...

I own two pairs of shoes: Mephisto Nautica and Doc Marten unisex five eye with padded collar. I much prefer the Mephistos for comfort and looks...heck and durability! I like the Doc Martens because they keep my feet a little warmer.

I wear my shoes hard- I don't sit down at work and walk easily five miles a day working. Both of them are holding up wonderfully.

I think they are *way* overcharging for shoes and handbags made in China and consumers who pay it need to have their heads examined.

Last edited by pluran; 26th February 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I think I must be getting old.....giggle. I bought a pair of flats!!! OMG!! I can't believe I even typed that! You couldn't catch me without my heels. Now, I just want to be comfortable.
    I've been wearing ballet flats all my life, it has nothing to do with age. Some clothes don't look good with heels and they would be ridiculously impractical in some environments or activities. I also don't walk around the house in them. I guess it depends on where you live and what kind of house you live in, as well. I used to when I lived in New York, had those feathered mules, reek reek.

I wish I could find those old Capezio t-strap flats, anyone remember those? I'd love a pair of saddle shoes, too, and some blue suede tie shoes. I should be looking at sales today, rather than shooting off my mouth on here, what kind of shopper example am I setting? rofl!!

i buy a pair of dunks (nike) like every week! so obviously nike

I like Stefano Pilati shoes for Yves Saint Laurent, the shapes are so comfortables to my feet, & they're so fashionable & with a classic edge .. they'll stay longer in my wardobe.

I love thongs... or flipflops? I even wear them in winter... call me crazy!
    Last edited by jillsy; 28th December 2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

I just bought some $10 black, velcro, grandma walking shoes. I think/hope they're weird enough to look "obscure", or at least eccentric, or at least fresh. I got them for a self-defense class I'm taking soon. Heels or boots in the gym would likely be ridiculous.
    Last edited by bernat; 28th December 2007 at 06:25 PM.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

Just bought my last pair of formal shoes:
    Brooks-branded Alden cordovan black cap-toe balmorals at 40% off (day after Christmas sale)

I bought a couple of pimp-ass pairs or Stacey Adams--a black pair and a brown pair. For the evening prowl or mall walk.

I'm usually in the hiker mode with my Merrell Shoes or North Face boots.

My Doc Martins are beat up---I'm moving on to some black Keen boots.

At work--Operating Room. No Crocs or Dansko's--a lot of people do where those at work. Just some comfy New Balance.

I like the Teva and Merrill hiking sandals in the summer
    Last edited by JickyMan; 30th January 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Still have one pair of Chanel loafers in my closet. But I pretty much live in LL Bean slip on mocs, weatherproof ones. In summer Clarks sandals.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    I've recently become hooked on Ferragamo shoes, particularly the Tramezza line. I figured it was time to improve my sartorial wardrobe.
    I agree, the Tramezzas are very nice.

I prefer English benchmade shoes, and have multiple pairs of both Edward Green and Crockett & Jones that I really like.

I have bad feet and thus wear Nike a lot a lot almost always.

I got some great Christial Leboutin shoes recently though, silver, they appear to be rhinestone studded and have white heels. they are actually made of some matrix of little mirrored bits of some material woven together. the surprising thing about them is they are quite comfortable, which came as a completel shock to me.

I don't currently have a pair of caterpiller boots but when I did I wore them constantly, dark brown almost black ones they went with anything and so masculino.

Talking Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    I love thongs... or flipflops? I even wear them in winter... call me crazy!

nope. you're not crazy. sorry.

i have almost 40 pairs of shoes (prior to selling scuba gear i worked in nine west and easy spirit). most of what i aquired there were of the high heeled, sexy, and fashionable variety.
    however,

what did i wear when not trying to part snobbish middle class women from their husband's hard earned amex cards?

flip flops.

and i still wear flip flops. any color. brown and mint green reefs, pink and brown reefs, white and grey reefs (seeing a pattern here?). if i had my choice, i'd go barefoot, but dirty feet digust me, so flip flops are as close as it gets to nothing at all! thank god i live in an area where sandles are an accepted part of life and approriate for most any situation. i love south florida!
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Inspired by rtamara's Cowboy Boots thread, I've worn these more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years:

Not at work, though!
    Sniff and let sniff.

For sneakers I only buy Oakleys. One pair every year or two years for the past 7 years.

For shoes I only wear Bostonia Prescott loafers. I got 7 boxed pairs of them stocked in the closet.

English shoes: Grenson Imperials; French J.M. Weston split bluchers; and a lot of things from Alden.

I discovered a website with deep discounts on brand name shoes, I'm telling everybody. I don't know if it's new, I got linked through the zappos.com clearance section. It's called 6PM.com. Shoes are too expensive lately, so I look for deals. Going shopping there, I need some things. (not affiliated)

Blog Entries

Since I'm a hip-hop kinda dude. I rock the following:

Puma Munich in white, brown, and cream
    Adidas Superstar Low in black with gold trim (I love shell toed Adidas, it's the inner b-boy in me)
    Nike Air Jordan III Black Cat edition
    Nike Air Jordan XIV in white, black, and varsity red

Then I play hoops in my Air Penny IVs in black, silver, and white. The straps and the ankle supports are fantastic so I don't snap my foot in half trying to pull off some dumb spin move on my friends!

I'm going to avoid buying more sneakers before I end up joining ISS or Hype Beast forums and get super crazy, cologne's expensive enough. I have some clunky black Sketchers that I use for "dress"? I need a real pair of dress shoes for work. Anyone recommend a pair that's reasonably priced that I can wear at anytime and it doesn't feel like I got bricks on my feet? I was looking at the Kenneth Cole Reaction zip up dress boots and some Steve Maddens.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 22nd February 2008 at 07:48 AM.

I'd be lost without my beloved black chucks.

I am a huge fan of Steve Madden. Great priced quality shoes. I own a couple pairs of Clarks that I bought from the local Clarks shop and have been very pleased with them. My running shoes are Nike Free 5.0 though.

Another Grenson fan here, though I'm usually not so conservative as to like that many otherwise great english brands. Chocolate suede boots, and cap-toe black calfskin bals so far.

A few boring but perfectly nice Allen Edmonds for rainy days at work. Lots of A.Testoni's and Bruno Magli's - a few nice (but disappointing fit) Lorenzo Banfi's.

My Barker Black loafers with crossbones (instead of horsebits) are a must-have best for any grown up punk rock dude, and I am trying to figure out how to justify some Edward Green Psychobunnies, which are ever so cool, but still cost more than an occassionally-worn pair should.

Gucci's don't usually impress, but I do like my Wimbledon brown/navy pennies.

For running - Mizunos.

And John Varvatos jack purcells with multi-eyelets and elastic cord laces are pretty cool as well as comfortable.

<<I have more shoes than most girls do>>

I'm a straight non-metrosexual guy, but shoes have got to be one of my weaknesses. I love Bertie (a not so popular company, only seen at Selfridges) they're very reasonable (i.e. &#163;90-150) and do amazing loafers that switch from day to evening to formal to dressy casual. They're absolutely fantastic. I recently got casual wise some LV sneakers in converse style with green laces and in Damier canvas.

But, then, designer shoes make me happy. Unfortunatley, I have pretty big feet (UK 10.5/11) so many styles are hard to find in Birmingham (and I end up buying other things when in London with money) currently, i'm digging a pair of these patent-ish kangaroo leather LV loafers with side strips, but they're out of stock ALL over Europe. I guess a lot of other people liked them too

Next on my to buy list is a dark bronze calf leather Gucci moccasin, but the London Gucci boutique don't have it in And as I can't go to the store, they're not keen on ordering it in for me from anywhere else. Grumble.

My dream shoes would be some John Lobb's a small bespoke London shoemaker owned by Hermes (Hermes shoes are to die for as well, but I find the styles a bit to grown up) and on BG they have an amazing chapel buckle loafer, which I would kill to get, I doubt i'd wear it much though

My next purchase will be the loafers, and perhaps some cheaper casual shoes, I don't care much for sneakers or really casual shoes, but i've got a favourite little off-shoot brand called H by Hudson and they do some amazing shoes, along with Kurt Geiger in England.
    Last edited by Vivek; 16th March 2008 at 07:57 PM.

These will be my next pair depending:

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    My dream shoes would be some John Lobb's a small bespoke London shoemaker owned by Hermes (Hermes shoes are to die for as well, but I find the styles a bit to grown up) and on BG they have an amazing chapel buckle loafer, which I would kill to get, I doubt i'd wear it much though
    I've always been a huge fan of Lobb's work. If I had the kind of cash where I could drop a megapile on proper shodding, I'd pay them to custom carve a last for my feet and make all my shoes custom.

I don't think Lobb makes a US size 16 right off the bench.

I wasn't aware that Lobb's brand was owned by Hermes.

my current favorite pair:

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/g...=iphone001.jpg
    Last edited by thaifighter; 17th March 2008 at 09:10 PM.

That's a nice pair Thai, one of those, in a dark cordovan brown, and i'd snap em up in a minute ! Hermes own all of Lobb, but let the Lobb family run the boutique in London, all Hermes shoes (atleast the pricier ranges with the croc leathers and so on) are custom made by the Lobb family, and then finished and quality checked by the French Hermes craftsmen.

Bironi are also really cool, the way they swift-polish the leathers to change the colours, it's simply fascinating, unfortunately, they come of to me as highly tacky (due to my minimalist preferences) so I can just admire them

I kinda don't want the Gucci moccasin anymore, and am leaning towards something a bit different! I'll be buying a navy suit soon, so i'll need some nice brown shoes to top it off

Blog Entries

Really like Onitsuka Tigers by Asics. I have mexicos, tai chis and runsparks. The mexico are by far my favorite pair. I'll be trying out the ultimates next week.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1284295/c/14074.html
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/6725870/c/107096.html
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/3548952/c/45398.html

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/30686697/c/126317.html
    Last edited by reneirwold878; 18th March 2008 at 03:05 AM.
    Looking for:
    Versace Man eau Fraiche - Please PM me if you have it!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...r8877/haha.jpg

I'm too old and stiff for converse. I like the italian brand Début www.debut.it

I love love love Bandolino dress shoes. I can spend hours on this website.

http://www.bandolino.com/s?namespace...6536&cid=17006

Ben Sherman, Puma, and Asics

I especially love the old school Pumas when I go to a hip-hop/funk/breaker club.
    ~ the thoughts and opinions of a 26 year old male whose interests include hip-hop culture, mixed martial arts, and gentlemanly endeavors.

I guess I am something of a "dresser" and I love J. Weston; Grenson (for Paul Stuart); Aldens and Gaziano & Girling. I own all but the last name, which is somewhat beyond my price range right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    What's funny now is that my shoes are starting to cost waaaaaaaaayyy more than my whole outfit now!!
    That's kind of what happened to me! I discovered this shoe store next to the new Ulta (which I went to initially because of the perfume. . .) and I discovered Coach heels. They were $80!!!! The lady said they were over $150 when they AREN'T on sale. I was like, "NO way! I can buy a (really really small) bottle of Rose 31 for that much!"

But I tried them on and just about died. I never find heels that fit me! The sad thing is I found another pair of Coach mules that fit me to a TEE. I so rarely find shoes that fit me. But I had to buy those too!! These weren't on sale.

Now I'm pretty much broke, but I love wearing these babies with ripped blue jeans, and they look awesome. I especially loved how, when I wore them in the airport (not only were they easy to take off at the security checkpoints but), people really get out of your way when you come clacking down the moving sidewalks in these things. Not only that but they're REALLY REALLY COMFORTABLE.

I LOVE shoes. I wear them almost every day with jeans to match an outfit.
    I like edgy and funky styles..mostly from Italy.
    I was bored..so I decided to take pictures of some of my shoes with my iPhone.
    BTW.. they are all MEN'S shoes. LOL! Most of these I picked up during my travels.

Mondini and Zota

2Twenty and Fiesso by Aurelio Garcia

Carlo Ventura and Fiesso by Aurelio Garcia

Jape and Carlo Ventura

Jo Ghost and Robert Wayne

Mondini
    Last edited by Quixotiq; 15th July 2008 at 11:11 PM.

Dependent

Im usually in converse or redwings and carolinas,

my few faves are

100th anniversary

redwing eric clapton

regular 875s

1/3 of my shoe collection

crazy over football cleats
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st July 2008 at 03:05 AM.

favourites brands:

runners - Asics
    flipflops - Havaianas (I have over a dozen pairs, in all colours)
    work - Nine West
    sandals - Nine West
    cycling - Specialized
    casual - Kenneth Cole

I hate crocs and don't see the point in them.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post

I hate crocs and don't see the point in them.
    I 2nd that. I cant find any of my daily outfits to match. And i dont at all find them comfortable. Rather tacky looking. quite a bad attempt to copy the early birkie classics imo.
    Last edited by MFJ; 21st July 2008 at 03:57 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Quixotiq View Post
    I LOVE shoes. I wear them almost every day with jeans to match an outfit.
    I like edgy and funky styles..mostly from Italy.
    I was bored..so I decided to take pictures of some of my shoes with my iPhone.
    BTW.. they are all MEN'S shoes. LOL! Most of these I picked up during my travels.

Mondini and Zota

2Twenty and Fiesso by Aurelio Garcia

Carlo Ventura and Fiesso by Aurelio Garcia

Jape and Carlo Ventura

Jo Ghost and Robert Wayne

Mondini

though our tastes may differ, i have to admit u have excellent taste and a very nice collection of pointed shoes. I like the flamboyancy of your shoes.... kudos

Thumbs up Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, Matthewfoo.
    Nice collection of Nike cleats you got there.
    I'm lovin' the three pearlized metallic pairs on the top rack to the right.
    I'm guessing... you're size 9?

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 27th January 2010 at 06:03 AM.

I am with Matthewfoo - that shoe collection rocks, Quixotiq. I especially like the pinkish/silvery pair in the top row. Now I need to see what outfits you pair them with!
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

.. And u are so wrong haha, imma size 7.5US.....
    Damn! I was hoping we could make a trade.. you know, one or two of my fraggies for that back-up pair of silver and blue vapors still in the box. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    I am with Matthewfoo - that shoe collection rocks, Quixotiq. I especially like the pinkish/silvery pair in the top row.
    Thanks so much!

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 27th January 2010 at 06:02 AM.

Im usually in converse or redwings and carolinas,

my few faves are

100th anniversary

redwing eric clapton

regular 875s

1/3 of my shoe collection

O.M.G. WOW - I'm kind of crazy about your collection!!!
    A

Newbie discovering the wonderful world of perfume

Looking for; http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=210771
    and
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=214089

Yeah...I have a problem...

But these are the ones I've been wearing almost exclusively for several weeks now:

Mmmm, collecting things. My shoe collection is fairly limited (thank goodness; I haven't got room!), but I do have a thing for Converse!

For casual everyday work, city walking, travelling - I have several pairs of Converse and a couple of pairs of Sketchers.

For dressy/feminine/cute shoes I have Faith black chunky high heels, Faith green satin espadrillos and an adorable pair of bright red & white polka dot TUK shoes. http://www.tukshoes.co.uk/

Plus various functional shoes, sandals and flip-flops of various makes, but nothing too expensive or designer-y.

That's not a 'problem' DrBubba, it's an achievement! Heh. Can you ID the brand/style on the last pair you posted, btw (the ones you're wearing in the photo)? Those are very cool.

As for me, I'd be more of a shoe person if I had more money but I've scored a few awesome pairs on eBay. The best is a pair of burgundy patent leather platforms by Gina (UK brand) that were designed for a runway show only, which I won for under $100.

One day, when I can afford them, I will have a pair of Louboutins. And instead of wearing them, I might just sit and gaze at them all day.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

my current favorite pair of shoes are the black vans prison issue #23 (the one with the 3 velcro straps). i still love my chucks but since i sometimes wear jack purcells, i find it a lot more comfortable in comparison to regular chucks.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by mlt.perfume View Post
    O.M.G. WOW - I'm kind of crazy about your collection!!!
    Thank u for the kind comment!, I guess we're all crazy over someone else's collection. Looking at your profile pic, i bet you have some to die for frag collection................

Last edited by rtamara41; 27th July 2008 at 12:04 AM.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Dependent

edited
    Last edited by MFJ; 29th June 2009 at 06:31 AM.

Dependent

Last edited by MFJ; 27th January 2010 at 06:04 AM.

they are actually Latin Salsa dance shoes...I knew those classes would be worth something!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Double Damn! i havent touch most of them actually and was thinking of offlaoding them, but i guess only kids can fit. I have rather small feet tho im about 1.76m. and in a medical point of view, i would have the tendency to lose my balance 30% more often. Well they did the sciences wrong haha. sheesh.... well i do have a couple of hundred pairs of jeans, , 50% cult lables 50% designer, 70% raw denim, you could check my site out, www.matthewfoo.wordpress.com/cultlabs/ I havent listed all my items up yet tho
    hey matthewfoo, you're the same size as my son. he's 19, wears size 7.5 shoes, he's 5'8" and a lightweight trying to get to 140lbs -- i'll send him to your site.
    Last edited by dimples; 30th July 2008 at 02:41 AM.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407