Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Just have to digress a tad here -- who here has heard the hilarious song "Shoes" by Kelly?
    Kelly's official fan site: http://www.betchslap.com/
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 9th October 2007 at 11:16 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Hi fragrancestar I also have a lot....My friends call me the male version of Imelda Marcos.
    Last week end I have been in Paris and I got a pair from the best shoemaker in the world, Pierre Corthay. What a SHOE !!!!
    Currently wearing: Jicky by Guerlain

For me Nike is still my favorite...

Blog Entries

I think I must be getting old.....giggle. I bought a pair of flats!!! OMG!! I can't believe I even typed that! You couldn't catch me without my heels. Now, I just want to be comfortable.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    Just have to digress a tad here -- who here has heard the hilarious song "Shoes" by Kelly?
    Kelly's official fan site: http://www.betchslap.com/
    Sorry to hijack this thread...

I saw Kelly perform this live at a Margaret Cho concert last year - I laughed so hard my torso was sore. OMG...hilarious. They were selling 'Betch' shirts at the concert too.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Cole Haan...
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation." HERBERT SPENCER

I own two pairs of shoes: Mephisto Nautica and Doc Marten unisex five eye with padded collar. I much prefer the Mephistos for comfort and looks...heck and durability! I like the Doc Martens because they keep my feet a little warmer.

I wear my shoes hard- I don't sit down at work and walk easily five miles a day working. Both of them are holding up wonderfully.

I think they are *way* overcharging for shoes and handbags made in China and consumers who pay it need to have their heads examined.

Last edited by pluran; 26th February 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divatologist View Post
    I think I must be getting old.....giggle. I bought a pair of flats!!! OMG!! I can't believe I even typed that! You couldn't catch me without my heels. Now, I just want to be comfortable.
    I've been wearing ballet flats all my life, it has nothing to do with age. Some clothes don't look good with heels and they would be ridiculously impractical in some environments or activities. I also don't walk around the house in them. I guess it depends on where you live and what kind of house you live in, as well. I used to when I lived in New York, had those feathered mules, reek reek.

I wish I could find those old Capezio t-strap flats, anyone remember those? I'd love a pair of saddle shoes, too, and some blue suede tie shoes. I should be looking at sales today, rather than shooting off my mouth on here, what kind of shopper example am I setting? rofl!!

i buy a pair of dunks (nike) like every week! so obviously nike

I like Stefano Pilati shoes for Yves Saint Laurent, the shapes are so comfortables to my feet, & they're so fashionable & with a classic edge .. they'll stay longer in my wardobe.

I love thongs... or flipflops? I even wear them in winter... call me crazy!
    Last edited by jillsy; 28th December 2007 at 08:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

I just bought some $10 black, velcro, grandma walking shoes. I think/hope they're weird enough to look "obscure", or at least eccentric, or at least fresh. I got them for a self-defense class I'm taking soon. Heels or boots in the gym would likely be ridiculous.
    Last edited by bernat; 28th December 2007 at 06:25 PM.
    "Cleanliness and order are not matters of instinct; they are matters of education, and like most great things, you must cultivate a taste for them." Benjamin Disraeli

Just bought my last pair of formal shoes:
    Brooks-branded Alden cordovan black cap-toe balmorals at 40% off (day after Christmas sale)

I bought a couple of pimp-ass pairs or Stacey Adams--a black pair and a brown pair. For the evening prowl or mall walk.

I'm usually in the hiker mode with my Merrell Shoes or North Face boots.

My Doc Martins are beat up---I'm moving on to some black Keen boots.

At work--Operating Room. No Crocs or Dansko's--a lot of people do where those at work. Just some comfy New Balance.

I like the Teva and Merrill hiking sandals in the summer
    Last edited by JickyMan; 30th January 2008 at 10:20 PM.

Still have one pair of Chanel loafers in my closet. But I pretty much live in LL Bean slip on mocs, weatherproof ones. In summer Clarks sandals.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ŕ sa source

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
    I've recently become hooked on Ferragamo shoes, particularly the Tramezza line. I figured it was time to improve my sartorial wardrobe.
    I agree, the Tramezzas are very nice.

I prefer English benchmade shoes, and have multiple pairs of both Edward Green and Crockett & Jones that I really like.

I have bad feet and thus wear Nike a lot a lot almost always.

I got some great Christial Leboutin shoes recently though, silver, they appear to be rhinestone studded and have white heels. they are actually made of some matrix of little mirrored bits of some material woven together. the surprising thing about them is they are quite comfortable, which came as a completel shock to me.

I don't currently have a pair of caterpiller boots but when I did I wore them constantly, dark brown almost black ones they went with anything and so masculino.

Talking Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jillsy View Post
    I love thongs... or flipflops? I even wear them in winter... call me crazy!

nope. you're not crazy. sorry.

i have almost 40 pairs of shoes (prior to selling scuba gear i worked in nine west and easy spirit). most of what i aquired there were of the high heeled, sexy, and fashionable variety.
    however,

what did i wear when not trying to part snobbish middle class women from their husband's hard earned amex cards?

flip flops.

and i still wear flip flops. any color. brown and mint green reefs, pink and brown reefs, white and grey reefs (seeing a pattern here?). if i had my choice, i'd go barefoot, but dirty feet digust me, so flip flops are as close as it gets to nothing at all! thank god i live in an area where sandles are an accepted part of life and approriate for most any situation. i love south florida!
    ~*~*~*~*~
    One by one the lava lamps are stealing my sanity...

Inspired by rtamara's Cowboy Boots thread, I've worn these more in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years:

Not at work, though!
    Sniff and let sniff.

For sneakers I only buy Oakleys. One pair every year or two years for the past 7 years.

For shoes I only wear Bostonia Prescott loafers. I got 7 boxed pairs of them stocked in the closet.

English shoes: Grenson Imperials; French J.M. Weston split bluchers; and a lot of things from Alden.
    Currently wearing: Benedictus by Excelsis

I discovered a website with deep discounts on brand name shoes, I'm telling everybody. I don't know if it's new, I got linked through the zappos.com clearance section. It's called 6PM.com. Shoes are too expensive lately, so I look for deals. Going shopping there, I need some things. (not affiliated)

Blog Entries

Since I'm a hip-hop kinda dude. I rock the following:

Puma Munich in white, brown, and cream
    Adidas Superstar Low in black with gold trim (I love shell toed Adidas, it's the inner b-boy in me)
    Nike Air Jordan III Black Cat edition
    Nike Air Jordan XIV in white, black, and varsity red

Then I play hoops in my Air Penny IVs in black, silver, and white. The straps and the ankle supports are fantastic so I don't snap my foot in half trying to pull off some dumb spin move on my friends!

I'm going to avoid buying more sneakers before I end up joining ISS or Hype Beast forums and get super crazy, cologne's expensive enough. I have some clunky black Sketchers that I use for "dress"? I need a real pair of dress shoes for work. Anyone recommend a pair that's reasonably priced that I can wear at anytime and it doesn't feel like I got bricks on my feet? I was looking at the Kenneth Cole Reaction zip up dress boots and some Steve Maddens.
    Last edited by Hollandaze; 22nd February 2008 at 07:48 AM.

I'd be lost without my beloved black chucks.

I am a huge fan of Steve Madden. Great priced quality shoes. I own a couple pairs of Clarks that I bought from the local Clarks shop and have been very pleased with them. My running shoes are Nike Free 5.0 though.

Another Grenson fan here, though I'm usually not so conservative as to like that many otherwise great english brands. Chocolate suede boots, and cap-toe black calfskin bals so far.

A few boring but perfectly nice Allen Edmonds for rainy days at work. Lots of A.Testoni's and Bruno Magli's - a few nice (but disappointing fit) Lorenzo Banfi's.

My Barker Black loafers with crossbones (instead of horsebits) are a must-have best for any grown up punk rock dude, and I am trying to figure out how to justify some Edward Green Psychobunnies, which are ever so cool, but still cost more than an occassionally-worn pair should.

Gucci's don't usually impress, but I do like my Wimbledon brown/navy pennies.

For running - Mizunos.

And John Varvatos jack purcells with multi-eyelets and elastic cord laces are pretty cool as well as comfortable.

<<I have more shoes than most girls do>>

I'm a straight non-metrosexual guy, but shoes have got to be one of my weaknesses. I love Bertie (a not so popular company, only seen at Selfridges) they're very reasonable (i.e. &#163;90-150) and do amazing loafers that switch from day to evening to formal to dressy casual. They're absolutely fantastic. I recently got casual wise some LV sneakers in converse style with green laces and in Damier canvas.

But, then, designer shoes make me happy. Unfortunatley, I have pretty big feet (UK 10.5/11) so many styles are hard to find in Birmingham (and I end up buying other things when in London with money) currently, i'm digging a pair of these patent-ish kangaroo leather LV loafers with side strips, but they're out of stock ALL over Europe. I guess a lot of other people liked them too

Next on my to buy list is a dark bronze calf leather Gucci moccasin, but the London Gucci boutique don't have it in And as I can't go to the store, they're not keen on ordering it in for me from anywhere else. Grumble.

My dream shoes would be some John Lobb's a small bespoke London shoemaker owned by Hermes (Hermes shoes are to die for as well, but I find the styles a bit to grown up) and on BG they have an amazing chapel buckle loafer, which I would kill to get, I doubt i'd wear it much though

My next purchase will be the loafers, and perhaps some cheaper casual shoes, I don't care much for sneakers or really casual shoes, but i've got a favourite little off-shoot brand called H by Hudson and they do some amazing shoes, along with Kurt Geiger in England.
    Last edited by Vivek; 16th March 2008 at 07:57 PM.

These will be my next pair depending: