Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post
    they are actually Latin Salsa dance shoes...I knew those classes would be worth something!
    they are utterly gorgeous renee. i've been salsa'ing for about 4 years now. i used to go every week -- so much fun and quite the workout.
    I'm simplifying my life. For Sale Thread (some niche, some designer):
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=222407

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    they are utterly gorgeous renee. i've been salsa'ing for about 4 years now. i used to go every week -- so much fun and quite the workout.
    thanks, Dimples, I was amazed at how comfy three inch heels can be...I guess they truly are designed for dance!
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by dimples View Post
    hey matthewfoo, you're the same size as my son. he's 19, wears size 7.5 shoes, he's 5'8" and a lightweight trying to get to 140lbs -- i'll send him to your site.
    hi Dimples

sure! im offloading alot of stuff from shoes to cult and designer label denims and tops 99percent are brand new with labels attached still. my site isnt all that updated as ive been quite bz with work, so just send me a PM or anything if your son fancies anything, imma clearing at below the prices i paid, thank goodness im not the only one with small feet

two words:

Chie Mihara

http://search.anthropologie.com/?q=c...73-_-660405053

her shoes are like scupture you can wear...very cool!
    I like her combinations of colors and shapes, the boutenaire thong is sweet.
    the khaki oxfords are stylish
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Last edited by TheAttorney; 27th August 2008 at 01:02 AM.

AromiErotici

Since I wear almost nothing but adidas and Nike gear even at work, I get to wear very comfortable shoes.

310 Motoring........(wide range of styles here folks)
    Puma Trinfo GT
    Adidas Goodyear
    Fila Ascent
    The North Face
    Nike
    And1
    Reebok

Last but not least is the Jeter Jumpman series. Love 'em......

http://www.devikroell.com/08_new/sho...94&prod_id=445

Now admittedly, locomotion in these would be difficult. But if I could afford them, I could possibly also afford a couple of helpers to aid me in tottering along the sidewalk. They're so beautiful. ::cries::
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by LedByMyNose View Post
    http://www.devikroell.com/08_new/sho...94&prod_id=445

Now admittedly, locomotion in these would be difficult. But if I could afford them, I could possibly also afford a couple of helpers to aid me in tottering along the sidewalk. They're so beautiful. ::cries::
    They would look fabulous with a matching thong.

just found these on sale, still warm enough to enjoy them, and when the weather gets cooler, I am plan to wear them with some funky socks or tights:

Last edited by rtamara41; 8th September 2008 at 01:23 AM.

AromiErotici

They look great !!!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    hi Dimples

sure! im offloading alot of stuff from shoes to cult and designer label denims and tops 99percent are brand new with labels attached still. my site isnt all that updated as ive been quite bz with work, so just send me a PM or anything if your son fancies anything, imma clearing at below the prices i paid, thank goodness im not the only one with small feet
    I have a stupid question... Do you rob wearhouses? lol

I must drool over these CYDWOQ shoes. I am lemming after some of these, got a chance to try a pair of their classic loafers and they have a remarkable fit. Handmade in CA and designed by a man with an architectural sensibility. Any one else here a CYDWOQ fan? they have a great line of men's shoes also.

http://cydwoq.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?S...tegory_Code=NS

Wow, I hadn't heard of that line before, Rtamara41, but there are some gorgeous, gorgeous shoes at that site (the link was in limbo for me so I went direct to the site). I love the 'Bare' sandal and the Jagged boot.

Are you a Jim Barnier fan? Somewhat similiar style to the above, imo.
    "It's now very common to hear people say "I'm rather offended by that." As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well so fucking what." - Stephen Fry

here's a retail link for cydwoq and others...
    http://www.pedshoes.com/cydwoq_class...=1&vendorID=36

they have two lines, classic and vintage, check out both.

just googled Jim Barnier...very nice! I liked a pair of goddess sandals, he has an artisan feel.
    unfortunately, I have no funds for shoes or perfume at the moment!
    Last edited by rtamara41; 29th September 2008 at 02:04 AM.

For tennis shoes I love Nike Blazers

Shoes - Bostonian and Kenneth Cole
    Sneakers - Oakley
    Home Footwear - rubber Adidas

I wear Baby Phat shoes,I also have 3 pair of juicy couture,some by jessica simpson and pastry sneakers.

I have collection of TMAC shoes.
    Shop Designer Clothes
    http://www.vetementsdemarques.fr/

Every pair of dress shoes I own are Johnston & Murphy. My Dad always told me not to skimp on nice dress shoes and the leather lasts forever where I can get them resoled.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I'm wearing a new pair of Bostonian Luxe brown captoe dress shoes today. They're sharp with a grey pinstripe suit.

Dress Shoes:

Allen Edmonds: Yes, but only on clearance. So pricey.
    Johnston & Murphy: Same
    Cole Haan: Same
    Bostonian: Good look and good quality at an affordable price.

Running Shoes:

Nike Air Pegasus

Casual:

All over the place. Kenneth Cole, Puma, who know...

Blog Entries

I just purchased a pair of Diesel Remys for playing Pump It Up in. Click the link to see the Hell they've been consigned to for the next few years. They're super flexible and are maybe 4 or 5 ounces.

Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

I have a couple of pairs of shoes mostly sneakers. 2 pairs of Air Maxes, 1 pair of Supra Skytops, a pair of Guess trainers, some Evisus, some nike Dunks, and some others I cant remember. Sneakers are my first love. I actually have some new Vans Sk8 his waiting for me at home

I recently bought these. I look amazing when I sit down, or stands up.. but PLEEAASSEE..don´t ask me to walk ;D
    Attached Images Attached Images

does this work?
    Last edited by lille_my; 16th February 2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: testing

I generally wear Mezlans or Cole-Haans oxfords for work. The Mezlans are probably the best dress shoes I've worn and they are reasonably priced considering what dress shoes go for nowadays.

On my off days, I usually wear Nike and Diesel sneakers.
    "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better" - Robert Redford

As a former shoe salesman (call me Al Bundy ), I swear by 2 shoes. For all my athletic based activities (i.e running) I wear Aasics (Nimbus), and for everything else, my babies Nike Air Force 1's (perhaps the world's most perfect shoe).

i don't actually care what brand of shoes i wear as long as it is comfortably to wear but i really do like Nike, converse, and sketchers..
    For the cowboy in us all
    http://mycacties.com -- western wear and apparel

I've recently become a Puma guy, though I was an adidas guy for the longest time. Makes sense, since both companies were formed by brothers.

I had the Superstars for a while in different colors:

Recently got the Puma suede in both the black (pictured) and brown versions:

Man, though I wish I could've gotten the Puma pony-hair franks:

Real pony hair! They started off at the price of like $200, but NM had them discounted to $75 and they all sold out. Damnit!

I also have the hitop Chucks. You Converse fans are really gonna drool about this, if you haven't already. I want a pair of these:

http://www.colchesterrubberco.com/

They're the original sneakers! Before Converse and Chucks! Expensive, too, though I'm not sure exactly how much.
    Last edited by akshay03; 24th February 2009 at 03:38 PM.

AromiErotici

Puma Drift Cat

Hugo Boss store had those at 70% in limited sizes. Grabbed them right away, while thanking god for my small foot (and nobody even DARE comment )

Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

Quote Originally Posted by lille_my View Post
    I recently bought these. I look amazing when I sit down, or stands up.. but PLEEAASSEE..don´t ask me to walk ;D
    Love your shoes
    Looking for a sample of Gucci Envy Me.

I easily have 50+ pairs all over my house + storage. It's my weakness.

I'll try to post a pic of my "collection". I have Pumas, NBs, Nikes, Jordans...to Cole Haans...to Guccis.

Mostly are casual - sneakers. I'm not a formal type of guy.
    ***Canada***Jean Paul Gaultier FLEUR DU MALE, 75ml bottle (70ml) for sale***Canada***

No favorite brand, but a strong liking towards almost any male shoe sold by Deichmann.

Teva sandals are the best IMHO (comfort, design, durability).
    I like Adidas and Asics athletic shoes.
    Vans slip on sneakers.
    Born brand leather shoes (sandals, loafers. etc).
    I've yet to find the perfect boot. I'll have to work on that.
    Last edited by misscasey; 10th July 2009 at 09:49 PM.

Basenotes Institution

I'm really into flesh /beige coloured shoes . I don't think I own a black pair of shoes! Beige coloured shoes elongate the leg and they are neutral enough to go with any outfit.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

[QUOTE=Scentronic;1074188]Very cute, Coconut!

First, Here's my collection of Asics Onitsuka Tigers:

Nice!
    Which model/line is the rightmost one from?
    I am planning to purchase another pair soon (I own 2 pairs currently).

Quote Originally Posted by ToughCool View Post
    Every pair of dress shoes I own are Johnston & Murphy. My Dad always told me not to skimp on nice dress shoes and the leather lasts forever where I can get them resoled.
    yes. i love my johnston and murphys. i have five pairs and love them each dearly.

eric b
    Last edited by e-dub; 14th July 2009 at 12:29 AM.

justin vintage cowboy boots

chuck taylor lowtop

hush puppies loafer (white)
    Want to buy/trade: looking for some escentric molecules kinski, I have a bunch of decants/samples including escentric 02 and escentric 01

PM ME

I use RM Williams Craftsman boots most of the time (I have them in black leather and dark brown suede). I also wear shoes from Prada, Jil Sander, Gucci, Paraboot and Clark's classic desert boots. I never wear training shoes outside the gym. (If others do, that's perfectly fine with me. I choose not to.)

Probably going to get these for christmas. I like the whole pull-on thing because I am too lazy to tie shoes. Nothing too fancy, but I like the look of them and I've been wanting a casual boot.

http://www.zappos.com/clarks-borrego-brown-smooth
    Last edited by Big_Scooter; 3rd December 2009 at 07:35 PM.

I like good quality "flip-flops" in the summer, and I live in clogs (Keen, Merrell, and Clark) in the winter. But for me, really, the best shoes of all will always be...

...NO shoes at all!

Mahalo, Haunani! In the house, the cheapest Brazilian flip flops I can buy! They are my "house slippers" and never leave the house.

Otherwise, I am favouring ankle boots now for that ultimate 1830s dandy-look: just perfect for strap trousers if you have them! LOL! All the better in black patent leather with a box toe and low heel.

This link below does not say it all. The Comte d'Orsay, who was a helluva dancer, engineered the cut-out vamp so men's dancing pumps (much like a ballet slipper) would not go flying across the ballroom when the foot was flexed. It was originally a men's shoe cut but lives on in women's dress shoes and often in high-heel form.

http://montanarader.blogspot.com/200...high-heel.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I like the Converse Chuck Taylor shoes. But I don't have one myself. Yet! I always borrow my sister's since we have the same shoe size. I haven't bought one because I have an agreement with my boyfriend that we'll buy together or nothing at all. But it seems that time and money is not in accord with us. Sometimes I have money, he doesn't or the other way around. Or we have the money but don't have the time to spend that much in shopping due to a busy schedule. We always tell each other that someday we'll be able to buy chucks! Someday! hahaha.. =)

I have plantar fascitis, so my favorite shoes are sturdy and supportive and can accommodate my orthotic inserts (e.g., running shoes). And those are some ugly shoes. My toes are glad these are back in style...

I think this style of shoe is both sexy and comfortable (for a short while anyway!).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 26th January 2010 at 01:21 PM.

I'm VERY picky when it comes to shoes. If I could afford these (all from Prada) I'd be all over them

And I also love these from All Saints:

Dependent

I've accumulated many pairs of Red Wing shoes/boots, but recently, I've been thinking of an upgrade, I have been eyeing this pair of Alden Chukkas in Dark Burgundy.http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=106
    Last edited by MFJ; 27th January 2010 at 06:07 AM.

Basenotes Institution

CanwllCorfe- I love those men's Prada shoes- very elegant and chic and the All Saints pair .

I stick to heels - 2 and half inches or higher when I am not in my workout gear. I never wear flatties anymore. "Vanity Thy Name is Woman " applies here - as my Mom says .
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 27th January 2010 at 07:44 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

What I currently wear....

Zuriick Beata Carbon

Opening Ceremony Deer Skin Desert Boot

Thumbs up Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

I love mines from Bally, Bruno Magli, Ferragmo and Pierre Corthay.My last purchase were two pairs of a Spanish Brand LOTUSSE with rubber soles.My friends use to call me the male version of Imelda Marcos
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

My wife and I are in the "shoes arms race," it seems. We are both shoe fanatics.

I am fond of Caterpillar work shoes and boots. They look great with jeans. Very comfortable. And they say CAT on them, so whenever I wear them I feel a lot more like my two big housecats, who are superior role models.

Chuck Taylors - yup. Three pairs.

Ecco - very comfortable, and some very stylish designs.

I sprung for a pair of Allen Edmonds not too long ago. They look good, but the ones I bought aren't too comfortable.

Best workout shoes are New Balance. They're available in widths. I have wide feet.

Frye Boots - yes! Too bad they became so high-fashion in the last year or two. Prices went way up.

Sketchers - great inexpensive knock-offs of more costly designer shoes. I have several pairs. Haven't let me down yet.

CanwllCorfe, those are fantastic, especially the third and last pair.

I don't pay much attention to brands when it comes to shoes, but I will be paying attention to the brand behind my last pair;

Irregular Choice. Much to love, especially these.

I own a couple pair of Donald Pliner dress shoes and I love them...I like the look of the Mark Nason's I have, but haven't worn them enough to break them in, so they're a little uncomfortable...for casual I like Toms and Crocs(corduroy). Kenneth Cole makes some nice dress shoes as well.

Default what type of shoes should we wear in job place?

hey all!
    I need to know what type of shoes would you wear in job place?? what does fashion says?

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: what type of shoes should we wear in job place?

Fashion says alot of things, but you need to figure out what works for you. It really depends on the nature of the job and the industry. For example, a doctor who needs to make rounds will kill only herself wearing stilletoes to work.

Another factor is the clothes you wear. Certain looks work better with certain type of shoes. Yeah, it's a no brainer but you'll be surprised how often professionally styled celebrities get pulled over by the fashion police.

But physical characteristics of legs and feet will also determine the type of footwear that will be most flattering. Well-pedicured feet look good in open toes; otherwise keep them covered. Similarly, avoid wearing strappy heels if you have wide ankles as those straps will draw attention to the width. And if the legs are on the shorter side, avoid gladiator-style sandals which tend to make the limbs look even shorter.

And no, I'm not quite a 'legs man'. But I do notice these little details... Yeah, it stresses my lady a little sometimes. Lol.

I ma so so thankful to you for coming up with these great ideas.. your lady would a lucky one. because you are there to suggest her what looks good on her

Mrs. J. needs to seriously amp up her shoe budget.
    She gets me Mephistos, Allen Edmonds, Merrills, Neil M.'s, etc. but she balks when it comes to herself.

Go figger.......

Daryl J.

Wow, great thread. I approach my trainers like I approach everything else -- completely out of control. I own slightly over 100 pairs, with focus on adidas. Got Puma, Diadora, Fila, Onitsuka Tiger, etc.

My favourites are hard to nail down. I like adidas London -- especially the inverted colourway Consortium City Series from a few years back. Puma Roma in all forms -- terribly classic. The usual suspects: Gazelle, Samba, Spezial, Indoor Super, etc.

I could go on about this for hours. Unfortunately for some, I do.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Boots !!!!!!! Where do I start ??? lol. Still have my black Boulet cowboy boots bought in 1969...since then another 2 pairs of Boulets, some Tony Lamas and 3 pairs of Tony Mora ( made in Majorca ) cowboy boots. Converted a pair of brown leather lace-up Lillywhite victorian ice- skates into boots- fabulously comfortable. Love knee high leather boots with heels.Look great with leggings and a long top.
    Shoes- love Nike trainers for fit and comfort for the gym.
    Sling-backs with pointy toes and kitten heels for dressing up.
    Next purchase will be knee high cherry red Doc Martens !

sport shoes are my favorite ones always!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Working on my feet 8 hours a day, I need good shoes.

It is now shorts season at work, so I bought a pair of Clarks Saranac and man oh man are they comfy. My feet didn't hurt at the end of the day and they are super comfy. While many of the boat shoes I tried on in my size were a little loose, these fit perfectly. Soon as I can afford it, I'll be adding the olive nubuck version to my collection.