Code of Conduct
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

For work I wear Stacy Adams and Aston Grey always find good deals at DSW. These two brands hold up pretty well and I plan to stick with these brands awhile as long as the shoes are built well. I also wear them outside of work so for both occasions they work out well.
    Current Top 10

Creed Aventus
    Chanel Antaeus
    Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT
    Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio Profumo
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDP
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau
    Hermes Terre D’Hermes EDT

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

My tastes haven't changed much over the years. Still love Testoni, Berluti and Brunello Cucinelli for dress shoes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Loakes...handmade in Northamptonshire here in the UK. Tremendous quality and value for money.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Johnston Murphy and Cole Han for work and church. Nike for walking. Adidas Stan Smith for casual.

Dependent

Allen Edmonds for work, Nike and Asics for the too infrequent exercise/casual comfort and I have more Chucks than could possibly be necessary (10-12 pair).

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    During the summer months...

I've got a pair of these in this color. Redwing is huge in Japan, although the standard version seems to be the red brown color of these mock toe boots.

I don't think I've ever seen them in Australia, and if they are sold there they aren't particularly popular.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

I like to purchase shoes online. The shoes that I purchase online are shoes that looks pretty and that will look good with almost all my outfits. The sites I go to is www.kooding.com or www.payless.com.

Got a nice gift from a dear friend today:
    He said, he bought this pair of oxblood/purple'ish Budapesters (unknown shoemaker) about 20 years ago 'on impulse' in Austria, yet they weren't his size and so he's been actually wearing them for less than a month.
    I'm not that much into shoe connoisseur's language, but I know what makes a good pair of shoes, so this one is very well among my best. Still I'm curious who has made them ... maybe a quality asian fabricate20180402_221245.jpg or whatever, don't know ...

^
    They look like a quaity pair indeed! A quick google search finds budapester named shoe store that seems to sell multiple brands. Dunno if that explains your shoes history or not.
    In any case, enjoy!

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Lonestar Memories by Tauer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Trail View Post
    ^
    They look like a quaity pair indeed! A quick google search finds budapester named shoe store that seems to sell multiple brands. Dunno if that explains your shoes history or not.
    In any case, enjoy!

-Mark
    Thank you Mark!
    I've heard there were quality shoes in the manner of these made in India ... not sure what to make out of this info
    Will google the Budapester thing, best whishes!

7328226.jpg7328223.jpg
    My hommage to John Steed
    Last edited by Oviatt; 3rd April 2018 at 03:54 PM.
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Clarks Desert boots, Bundstone's boots, vintage Adidas Squire

For me it’s seasonal. Brands usually have beautiful and good models during a time and then go down the hill. I started with Nike, went to Asics, then to Adidas, later to Puma, and now I’m liking Under Armour and liking Asics again. I’m liking some Adidas now either despite not having any of the brand for a long time. I also like the wave lines of Mizuno. Nowadays I always look for technology with comfort. Under Armour has some excellent light and comfortable shoes. I find Asics technology hard to beat.

- - - Updated - - -

For more formal shoes I don’t have any favorite brand. I use to pick up something that is stilish to my tastes, no matter if it’s from an unknown brand. Right now I’m in a “boots phase”.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Oviatt View Post
    7328226.jpg7328223.jpg
    My hommage to John Steed
    Love Chelsea boots but I could never find a pair comfortable to wear. All the ones I tried had the soles hard as steel.
    Last edited by Beck; 4th April 2018 at 02:45 AM.

These that I have are hard leather soles (Bruno Magli) but I also have some Australian ones by Baxter and they have composite soles of rubber and cork--very flexible and last for ever. Can be worn with half chaps if riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    For me it’s seasonal. Brands usually have beautiful and good models during a time and then go down the hill. I started with Nike, went to Asics, then to Adidas, later to Puma, and now I’m liking Under Armour and liking Asics again. I’m liking some Adidas now either despite not having any of the brand for a long time. I also like the wave lines of Mizuno. Nowadays I always look for technology with comfort. Under Armour has some excellent light and comfortable shoes. I find Asics technology hard to beat.

- - - Updated - - -

For more formal shoes I don’t have any favorite brand. I use to pick up something that is stilish to my tastes, no matter if it’s from an unknown brand. Right now I’m in a “boots phase”.

- - - Updated - - -

Love Chelsea boots but I could never find a pair comfortable to wear. All the ones I tried had the soles hard as steel.
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Let's Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Roky View Post
    Got a nice gift from a dear friend today:
    He said, he bought this pair of oxblood/purple'ish Budapesters (unknown shoemaker) about 20 years ago 'on impulse' in Austria, yet they weren't his size and so he's been actually wearing them for less than a month.
    I'm not that much into shoe connoisseur's language, but I know what makes a good pair of shoes, so this one is very well among my best. Still I'm curious who has made them ... maybe a quality asian fabricate20180402_221245.jpg or whatever, don't know ...
    These look nice, I'd love to wear something like these with Equipage on a relaxing Sunday afternoon in autumn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    bostonguy,

i love the classic british shape more. these are from john lobb,
    These are very nice.
    Currently wearing: Infusion d'Homme by Prada

What I wore in winter
    boot.dc349.001_7.jpg

I got myself these casual shoes for warm weather.
    geox_newdo_ss16_42.jpg

Summers are getting so hot I cannot retain my style without overheating. I'm forced to go more casual and with more casual clothes I'm gonna need some casual shoes. My biggest issues with casual shoes is that they scale horribly with size. I'm wearing 46 (I guess it's 12) but I have very narrow feet. When I try casual shoes in that size I look like I'm wearing two canoes.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Basenotes Plus

Rynegne, these are beautiful. I have a hard time getting The Boyfriend out of sneakers, but I might be able to get him to wear these.

Who makes them? And do you have a preferred retailer?

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    During the summer months...

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Rynegne, these are beautiful. I have a hard time getting The Boyfriend out of sneakers, but I might be able to get him to wear these.

Who makes them? And do you have a preferred retailer?
    Those are Cole Haan Zerogrand (Suede Wing Tip Oxford.) They'll set you back $250-$300.

This style was huge in the UK about 5 years ago. So many companies make variants, lots of different colours and cuts. Shop about, you'll probably find a colour-way and cut you prefer.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    Those are Cole Haan Zerogrand (Suede Wing Tip Oxford.) They'll set you back $250-$300.
    ¡Gracias!

I just learned they make them for women, too, and they're $100 at Nordstrom Rack. Yippee!

I dress rather casually to work and find myself using mostly chelsea boots and desert boots. Works here in Finland most of the year. Pradas and Bottega Venetas are favourites. I like Y-3 sneakers, when it comes to sports shoes: otherwise I like classic shapes, but sneakers can be a bit more futuristic.

Finder of floofs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    ¡Gracias!

I just learned they make them for women, too, and they're $100 at Nordstrom Rack. Yippee!
    And I just learned the term 'colour-way' and I am really excited about that, by itself.

I am a shoe fiend. How have I missed this thread?

I like ASICS (all caps, like CHANEL) for running (or Mizuno), Allen Edmunds for fine leather, Rockport for daily walking and Adidas for soccer. And I have three pairs of Chucks. Each tool has a purpose.

I would love some Vasques for daily wear but it's not cool enough here. They are comfy boots (or used to be.)

/AC

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    These look nice, I'd love to wear something like these with Equipage on a relaxing Sunday afternoon in autumn.

- - - Updated - - -

These are very nice.
    Freewheelin'! Nice to hear this! Think it's wonderful with Equipage! I'm also wearing them with more skinny-type black vintage jeans, all black outfit, more in a, say, "rockabilly'ish" attitude :-) ... Equipage might also fit to these clothes (what some might think of as a weird combo, yet I don't) ... :-) ... last time I wore such an outfit, I bought a bottle of B-Man by chance and it felt quite nice.

10147510190000SE_2_22.jpg

Just picked these up from Meermin

Love the slightly chiseled toe