Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Dependent

Default Re: Let's talk SHOES!!!

I tend to be on the bleeding edge! I have a pair of these babies ordered from the UK, never fail to get stopped and asked about them. Available in the US starting 6/1/11:

Also, since the thread started with Chucks 6 years ago, I thought I'd mention I just picked up a pair of these killer limited edition John Varvatos Chuck Taylors. My favorite detail about them is that they're "pre-dirtied" -- the white rubber on the toes is really grimy! I have a fashion-rocker look so it's a great match for my style:

Blog Entries

Lord help me! At last count I had over 300 pairs-- and that is what's left after breaking my ankle and having to donate my heels. Houston, we may have a problem. I asked the doctor if I could ever wear high heels again and he looked at me appraisingly and said, rather slyly-- "well, not to walk in..." Now that was a bad day.

In the past two weeks alone I bought:

betsy johnson rose suede lace-ups
    2 pairs of bruno magli loafer type
    CK sparkley blue flats
    three toned purple soft flats
    reiker lace-ups
    mephisto sandals
    brown suede geox flats
    black suede joan and david loafers

I routinely surf gotham gity shoes, 6 pm, amazon.com, zappos and bluefly. God help me.
    homo sum humani a me nihil alienum puto

Formal:
    Black Church cap-toe oxfords

Work/Casual:
    Brown Ferragamo Penny Loafer
    Black Ferragamo Bit Loafer

Casual:
    Puma sneakers

Sport:
    Nike runners
    Nike trainers
    Graf hockey skates

Oh! I didn't know there was a shoe thread! To the OP if he is still watching, my very first pair of "intentional" shoes was a pair of bright orange Converse hi-tops, about 30 years ago, LOL, I had long skinny legs and great big feet and it was before that became fashionable, you know, it was during the fashion reign of the short and curvy girls, tiny feet were the only kind that were seen as beautiful. So the look was almost like clown feet but I liked it and looking back it would not look strange now.

I do love the shoes but stay to 12 pair or less, always, so it does not get out of control. I have, wear, and love:

Casual:
    One pair of new balance for working out
    One pair of Simple Shoes for fashion sneakers (I am wroth with them, though, for not making a size 10.5 - I have these in an enormous ladies size eleven, because the ten was small - so when these wear out I will not return to the brand)
    One pair of black flip-flops

Work/Dress
    One pair of black patent Cole Haan slingback peep-toe pumps
    One pair of black calf Cole Haan pumps
    One pair of bone leather Cole Haan peep toe pumps
    One pair of black suede wedge heel Vaneli loafers
    One pair of dull purple satin-ized leather Donald Pliner mules (very pointy I call them the Witchipoo shoes)

Recently aquired:
    One pair of light brown Donald Pliner high heel sandals
    One pair of brown slingback Cole Haan heels
    One pair of pink and espadrille-ish high heeled Via Spiga sandals

So I still have room for about two more pair in the rotation. I like Donald Pliner a lot because he makes a lot more different styles in the narrow sizes so I do watch him for sales, and occasionally something comes up, but Cole Haan usually is more affordable and they are very comfortable. Work heels all about 4 inch heels, size 9.5AA, the workout shoes usually 10 or 10.5B. I do try to get quality rather than quantity, since with the odd size feet I can want good fit, comfort, style, and good price, but can usually only get three of the four in any one pair of shoes so go for fit, comfort and style.
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 17th July 2011 at 08:35 PM.

There are some good looking shoes posted on here Desert Boots look nice. I have tons of shoes my self mainly running and Jordan's but I do love my dress shoes. Banana Republic but I'm looking into getting into some Allen Edmonds, anyone know where I can get a deal on the park avenues?

i love aldens cordovan shoes (and boots), dying to get me a pair of burgundy longwings. they are expensive, but will last forever and age so very gracefully, getting only better looking with time. i couldn't find a nice picture of aged aldens, but these look similar.

i've seen some fantastic shoes by carmina, too. i especially loved a jade green cordovan pair, they where so chique.

for anyone with a genuine love for gentlemens shoes, i can highly recommend laszlo vass' book. he's one of the best shoemakers in the world, and his book is very comprehensive, and no-nonsense. plus, it features wonderful pictures of great looking shoes. :)

someday i hope to be able to have some very special shoes made for me by a craftsman of his caliber.

My latest purchases .

[IMG][/IMG]

Right now, I'm am looking for some comfortable work shoes, and coming up empty. Last month, I was waiting in the DFW airport, and I visited the "Employee Only" store near Gate C2 (because it turns out, it's not really "employees only"), and I saw some really comfy looking shoes there, a brand of which I've not seen anywhere else! I can't remember what brand it was! Has anyone been to DFW or is going there soon? If you are, please let me know! I tried looking up their phone number, and that search was not fruitful as I ended up calling some lady's cellphone instead.
    [I]"Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere."[/I] -- [URL="http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?p=1496120#post1496120"]Inselaffe[/URL]

I love Fit Flop, Stella Mc Cartney's athletic shoes for Adidas, Camper and La Martina horse riding boots!

I prefer wearing Nine West shoes, their sizes fit my feet perfectly, they are moderately priced with good quality, comfortable, and usually look great too.

Bally and Bruno Magli exotics are among my favorites.

Havaianas (flip-flops)
    Converse Chuck Taylors (high-tops, low-tops, slip-ons)
    John Varvatos for Converse (low-tops, slip-ons)
    Giraudon New York (funky footwear)
    RUTHIE by Ruthie Davis (awesome "architectural" footwear)
    GUCCI (perfect fit, every season)
    I am foodie & feminine from LUSH Snowcake to DIOR Hypontic Poison
    and
    I am fresh & masculine from CLINIQUE Happy to KENNETH COLE NEW YORK (for Men)

uhh, i mainly wear hightop shoes,
    e.g

thats my fav type of shoes,

if talkin about brands, id say Nike dunks and supra i guess

For sneakers I like and war Reebok Newport Classic

I have sketchers and Converse CT. However, I am trying to find something that is comfortable, with both the shoes I mentioned, after walking a while my feet starts to get hurt specially the sole of the foot.

What are some of the brands that are stylish yet more comfortable for regular walking for and hour or two and yet light in weight.

Oh, yes.

i have worn sambas for about 5+ years. a pair lasts about 2 to 3 years for me. they're comfy and casual. i also like white anke chucks and will get another pair soon, they're pretty durable i think.. i like CLARKS DESERT BOOTS a lot i have them in beeswax brown leather i love them because they're so versatile. i'm in search of a nice pair of black oxfords, leather. Costume national makes some shoes that i really like, if you haven't heard of them, check them out

I love vans. My favorites are these:

"I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

My new obsession: Shoes by John Fluevog, these were a lucky find on ebay. Funky, cool, comfy and they go so well with my perfume collection
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I've been happy with my Allen Edmonds saddle shoes, also Ferragamo suede chukkas (purchased previously worn, I don't have $600 for shoes), I have a couple pairs of Simple sneakers, you can get them for $25 on STP. Just got a pair of Sandro Muscoloni black oxfords at Nordstrom Rack, they are very comfy and look great.

Since my recent attempted boycott of Chinese goods it's a bit harder to shop.... no more Simple sneakers. Allen Edmonds is great if you can find them for about 1/2 price, which is possible if you are patient. STP carries them occasionally and discontinued styles are heavily discounted on their own website too.

dubble

Quote Originally Posted by rtamara41 View Post

My new obsession: Shoes by John Fluevog, these were a lucky find on ebay. Funky, cool, comfy and they go so well with my perfume collection
    Hey, they're cool. Just checked out the website and the whole range is really nice. Much better than the usual boring styles.

[IMG][/IMG]

thanks, laph, here they are styled by my 19 year old...I love the mismatched socks - fun! (thank god we can pretty much wear the same size shoes!)
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

No no that much, for a guy

Own 9 pair of Timberland boots, 6 pair of Converse, 8 pair of Brooks Brothers, 8 pair of Lloyd, 5 pair of Ahler, 11 pair of Nike Federer Vapor, 2 Fred Perry, 1 Reebok, 2 Boss Suedes and 2 Adidas.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Casual: Nike free run+ 2
    Typical semi-casual/dressy: ECCOs
    Other semi-casual: Pikolinos (getting a pair, but LOVE the soft leather)

just bought a pair of ostrich leather shoes from crockett & jones. i love their casual feeling, they speak in informal tone. they're unusual but i think they still can work well with relaxed elegance.

i've seen some nice reptile leather shoes, crocodile and so on, but somehow i often don't like what they are saying.

most of these are far too much for show. people buy them to let other people know how much money they have, and i don't like that kind of thing. i think it's poor taste. or worse, tasteless.
    Last edited by gido; 25th March 2012 at 08:26 AM.

My latest pair of kicks !

Default What shoes do you wear?

I'm big on basketball shoes

Nike Air Force 1

Adidas Gazelle

Nike Lebron 9

Default Re: What shoes do you wear?

Dress Step-Ins for work and Reeboks for leisure.

Here is just a handful of the shoes I own

Cole Haan, Gucci, Bostonian, Ralph Lauren, Allen Edmonds, Bass, Johnston Murphy and many more!!!
    Gary

Moore, uncheck retrieve remote file...when you post pictures in URL section. They didn't load properly.

Moore, I really like those brown loafers

and of course

When I was in the work place, I more times than not wore Mezlans. In fact I should start putting them on flea bay.Always had shoe trees in them from day one, and always polished, and conditioned.

Casual: Nike, or New Balance or Cole Hann Suade.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Some very nice shoes... but I believe my favorite boot trumps all....

Yes they are soccer boots
    Almost the same boot, different colorways.

just order my first pair of Doc Martens in over two decades

My new shoes.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

My new shoes bites me all day today.

***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Blog Entries

double post

Blog Entries

Bruno Magli and Converse.

If you work in an office environment of any repute, you really need to be wearing captoe or wingtip oxfords. Here are some examples of quality from Allen Edmonds:

I love my Allen Edmonds and they can often be purchased on discount from Nordstrom during their sales.

bostonguy,

i love the classic british shape more. these are from john lobb,
    Attached Images Attached Images

I actually like the British shape, too, just not as much and for the cost it's hard to beat a high quality Allen Edmonds. I have a pair of Cheaney Ewans that ran me about the same as a pair of AE Park Avenues and I'd say the quality is similar.

UK and American style are both preferable to the Italian shape like a Ferragamo. Too much of a "crocodile's snout", for me. Many of my co-workers live and die by the Italian shape.

For work I wear church, Crockett and jones, and a few other English shoe brands. For casual I usually wear boots. My favourite are ann demeulemeester got a few pairs of her boots. Don't really wear sports shoes anymore

Blog Entries

I bought another Onitsuka Tiger sneaker.

My favorite shoes:

Chuck Taylors

Puma Suedes

Nike Blazers

Picked up these beautiful things this evening.

Been rocking these in the summer:
    aaQBR.jpg

And got these now that the weather is getting cooler:
    S8Ij4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    Picked up these beautiful things this evening.
    They're looking good. I Like them.

I love wearing plimsolls and chuck taylor converse are definitely a personal favorite of mine. There is a cheapish brand here of them which make them very good(better than some of the designers!) for only €14 so I'm always picking up them up when I get the chance.

Hoping to pick up a pair of Ralph Lauren Rylanders soon.

These get the most wear:

Rick Owens 'Gleam' boots:

Sendra Mad Dog Tang (black)

Sendra Mad Dong Tang (brown)

Trickers 'Henry' Chelsea boot:

Last edited by Duke Hunt; 12th September 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Doc Martins, a CLASSIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
    For many years I only owned and wore one style of shoe - The Stacy Adams "Madison" lace up boot. I think in total I went through about 15 pair of them before deciding to move onto something else. They were quite literally the ONLY shoes I wore, regardless of occasion. I walked 10+ miles a day in them, every single day and wore them to pieces rather quickly.

WARNING: The following photos may encourage you to spritz a bit of your SOTD toward your monitor!

I've since amassed quite a collection of shoes and continue to beat them to death and wear them into the ground. I purchased a nice pair of black Alden oxfords for $3.14 at a local thrift store that I've been punishing daily for the last few months.

If those are leather bottoms, why not have a cobbler "cobble" them?

- - - Updated - - -

For work: Allen Edmonds wing tips, magnani, or Johnston and Murphy capped shoes. (Occasionally Florsheim or Cole Haan loafers)
    For "chillen" creative reactions, Chucks, Lacoste drivers, or timberlands in the winter.
    For everyday use: Bed Stu calf high boots, timberlands, any sort of Chelsea boots.
    For dinner, clubbing: loafers; I.e. Kenneth cole, cole Haan, paolo sesto, and Robert Wayne.

Or.... Anything I can find in US 16-17 or EU 52
    Last edited by Erok32; 13th September 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Clarks' desert boots!

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    bostonguy,

i love the classic british shape more. these are from john lobb,
    I like the John Lobb 'Phillip' model of Oxford, I have an old pair in a sort of walnut dark brown that are great - same as pic below:

The View from where I am - nothing startling

Giorgio Armani Dark Brown Suede Oxfords

Hermes Black Leather Oxfords
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 14th September 2012 at 07:36 AM.