Code of Conduct

Thread: men's jewelry

Default men's jewelry

the only "jewelry" i wear is a dive watch, and a thin black rubber bracelet that's looped around my wrist twice (a gift from my brother). i tend to only wear stuff that has some sort of meaning for me. i have a buddhist bracelet that my mom gave me, and a plain silver band ring given to me by a dear friend. but these i don't wear too often for fear of losing them. also, i used to have a small silver earring in my upper ear that i got from one of my first adventures in nyc -- my friend wanted to get her bellybutton pierced but was scared. so i got my ear pierced to give her moral support. this was many years ago. now my ears are bare.

i am currently shopping around for a nice simple, subdued bracelet. i don't have anything specific in mind, but i'll know it when i see it.

so what kind of jewelry (if any) do you all wear?

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Default Re: men's jewelry

My wristwatch and a commitment ring, though I don't really consider mens watches to be jewelry, unless it's loaded with bling. I am not big on jewelry and I have a particular aversion to all things gold or yellow on guys.

wedding ring, watch and cufflinks. thats it. used to have a diamond ring my dad gave me. i let my daughter have it to make a diamond ring out of for her. i have a college class ring i never wear.

sam

For a wedding band I wear an 18k gold ring from Peru that was given to me by a Peruvian couple me and my wife met one night while wandering around Los Angeles. The ring has raised square top with the relief of what appears to be some entity from a Mayan temple carving, the square sides of the ring also have some hieroglyphics on it. I negelcted to ask the Peruvians what it meant. I like the Peruvian 18k gold as it has a slightly darker (towards red) color than the 18k gold common in the US.

On my right hand I have a heavy 18k gold ring, again a squarish shaped top and sides with a textured pattern and set with a 3.5 carat ceylon cut blue sapphire. The sapphire is not a deep blue but it is a well propotioned stone cut with enough depth that it is very lively and I consider the light blue to be much preferable to the almost black stones you typically see in mall jewelry stores.

If I routinely wore a suit and tie then I would have cufflinks but I rarely even wear a tie.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

The closest thing I have that could be called jewelry is my PIMP watch:

Wow!!! Nice watch shifts!!! Where did you buy it? How much and most importantly, how do you tell the time???

OMG THAT IS ONE COOL WATCH

LOL, my blue pimp watch is on order

The only other jewelry I wear are cufflinks.

heh cool pimp watch. would have liked that in my rave/club days...

http://www.tokyoflash.com/
    [SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
    Traveller, there is no path. You make the path as you walk. -- A. Machado[/COLOR][/SIZE]

yupp, tokyoflash was the place. they have a few different versionsand for some reason i choose the simple one. i would love to have the black with white leds.

You tell the time by checking the left row first. Those are the hours. And the rows going horizontal of the left column are the minutes. Every row is five minutes.

I have a Pimp watch too!!! ;D
    Mine has a rubber bracelet and unfortunately has ceased to work, but while it lasted it was an awesome thing to look at!
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

I wear a diamond ring,not a monster nor a chipping either,and thats only if i'm off out somewhere.Watches are nice,but as with most adornments you need a decent selection,and i for one cant afford such goodies.I personally like the less is more approach. 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by dcampen
    For a wedding band I wear an 18k gold ring from Peru that was given to me by a Peruvian couple me and my wife met one night while wandering around Los Angeles. The ring has raised square top with the relief of what appears to be some entity from a Mayan temple carving, the square sides of the ring also have some hieroglyphics on it. I negelcted to ask the Peruvians what it meant. I like the Peruvian 18k gold as it has a slightly darker (towards red) color than the 18k gold common in the US.
    The couple GAVE you a gold ring?

We did pick them up the next day so they could go shopping and then we took them out to dinner. They were Peruvians of Japanese ancestry and were on a stopover in Los Angeles on their return from visiting relatives in Japan. The ring was leftover from a batch that they had had made in Peru to give to relatives in Japan.
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

I wear a gold rope chain, and my dads diamond wedding ring that i had made into a pinky ring, and it makes a perfect one at that, could never see it as a wedding ring

A watch (Movado Luno) and a small, silver Thor's hammer around my neck. That's it.

I have a piece of white string wrapped twice around my left wrist and tied. That is about it. I dont' wear my watch anymore because I have one that clips on to my belt loop. It is so much more handy then a wristwatch. I have no necklaces or earings or anything. I guess I am pretty plain...

I like having nothing though because it means nothing to worry about. I hate losing things and something like jewlery is more than not fun to lose. I keep it simple and just display me instead of shiny gold pieces...