Code of Conduct

Thread: This Season

Default This Season

I'm not one for following fashion trends, as I generally prefer to keep with classic looks, but I have to say I'm sorely disappointed with everything I've seen so far. Nearly everything is boring beyond belief or even offensive to the eyes. I know, I shouldn't be shocked, but it is an annoyance. Some things I've noticed (both good and bad:

Neutral Is The New Black
    I'm not sue what happened, but the big thing for men right now is neutral, natural tones. Everything is beige, tan, off-white, brown, grey, or earthy green. There's not much to be had for other colors in the spectrum, but at least it's not all black anymore. Many of the spreads I've seen recently have the model dressed in all monochramatic tones. Talking boring, eh? I can imagine we'll see soon for cologne a Ralph Lauren Polo Beige for Men!

Crack Cocaine!
    This is just a general observation across the board but it seems that most models now have the "Kate Moss strung out" look going on. At some point someone approved some of these ads and let them be sent to magazines.

What? Who Needs To Look Presentable!?
    The big thing in for men is suits. No, not the suit you probably wear, or the one your grandfather wore to work, but dirty, frayed, wrinkled, looks like you bought it at Goodwill kind of suit. I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm wearing a suit then I want to look good. If I'm wearing denim and a t-shirt, then I can be a little bit grungey.

Hey, You! Yeah, Fattie, I'm Talkin' To You!
    Although you can still see them a bit, it would seem fat ties are on their way out and everyone wants to look like the came out of a Tarantino movie. I prefer a bit wider ties, but not too fat, but I guess this isn't too bad as long as it doesn't com in vogue to have novelty ties. That would make me want to use my tie to hang myself.

Anyone else have some things they don't like about fashion right now?
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Default Re: This Season

I'm really not into UGGS. I don't even know how to spell it. I think they are the most unattractive boots/shoes or whatever they are. They are big and bulky and make girls look like they want to walk on the moon. The girls all say that they are soo comfortable and they are the best but I don't see how the whole world fell in love with them at the same time unless it was a fad. That means that girls wouldn't be interested if the rest of their friends weren't wearing them and they will be gone after next winter.

I don't think people should ever wear UGGS and I've been wanting to say that for a long time. I really dislike them to the full extent of not liking something. ERRRRRRGGGGGG >

I dislike pretty much everything I see on the average teenager these days, I know that sounds like a rash generalization but you see I really despise the overpriced, mediocre quality, cookie cutter, poorly fitting garbage they sell at Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and the 75,000 other chain stores that want to take a bite out of A&F's and AE's business. So this allows me to say I hate what teenagers are wearing today because they all seem to be wearing clothes from A&F or AE. For god's sake people, you don't have to dress like every other person in your age group, especially when they are all dressing poorly. Oh, and go into your closet and throw out 90% of the polos you own, for the average teenage guy that should leave them with somewhere between 5 and 10 polos which should be plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by kilted
    I dislike pretty much everything I see on the average teenager these days, I know that sounds like a rash generalization but you see I really despise the overpriced, mediocre quality, cookie cutter, poorly fitting garbage they sell at Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, and the 75,000 other chain stores that want to take a bite out of A&F's and AE's business. So this allows me to say I hate what teenagers are wearing today because they all seem to be wearing clothes from A&F or AE. For god's sake people, you don't have to dress like every other person in your age group, especially when they are all dressing poorly. Oh, and go into your closet and throw out 90% of the polos you own, for the average teenage guy that should leave them with somewhere between 5 and 10 polos which should be plenty.

I would like to add a completely unreligious AMEN!! I really don't think I spelled that right but who cares. I happen to be a teenager and a fond "hater" of nearly all fashon trends. I really prefer people to be orriginal and wear something that expresses themselves.

I am a proud sporter of jeans (everyday, love the carpenter style) and whatever T-shirt I can find. I, also, wear boots everyday and I love the flannel shirts and jackets. People used to call me the lumberjack. I like the original Iron Maiden shirts. I may sound like an average punk but I'm not. I have some nice clothes that I enjoy. I'm really into 90's style of clothing. I have myself and nice "Cosby" sweater and 90's apparel. I'm the most peculiar dresser I know but I love the comfort and that is what I go for. People today only go for the "coolest" clothes, or whatever their friends have. They lack diversity and range of thought when it comes to purchasing a new set of clothes.

I'd also like to say that my favorite stores are Kohls and anything else that has a clearance rack with $7 long sleve shirts. You can't beat it!! ;D

I always think very early in a new Spring/Summer season that everything is hard to accept. *Here it is still just above freezing, with snow forecast for later this week. *So most beiges and light colours and fabrics seem completely out of place. *When the sun peeks out again perhaps I can see them in different light. Literally ;D

Also for a man, accepting wild seasonal swings in style is very hard. *We are tied to the past through our clothes ( the three-piece suit is after all over 300 years old) and we prefer things to evolve.

What I hate the most is the cheapness of modern High Street stuff - it looks as if it is only designed to last one season. *What happened to the concept of 'investment dressing' that was the vogue in the 80's? *What happened to Style? :'(

All of this has driven me increasingly to 'proper' clothes that will stand the test of time and hopefully never look out of place!
    Trot