Code of Conduct

Default Trends for Autumn Winter 2005/06?

Harrods have launched their Christmas Season this week with the arrival of Santa in a mock snow storm! So its later than you think. What are the styles we will be wearing this coming season? Any favourite pieces that you are looking to re-introduce/update with new accessories?

Trot

Default Re: Trends for Autumn Winter 2005/06?

The stores in the US haven't really released their fall and winter lines yet. Should be any time now though.
    Rick

I am definitely a 'winter person' and, like Harrods have jumped the gun a bit. I have been reading a book called 'Dressing in the Dark' - learning lessons from Hollywood and I do fancy a traditional look this season as advocated in said book...

Trot

I favor the traditional look also. I do most of my shopping on the internet, ordering from the U. K. It's hard to find things I like here, and actually it's less expensive to order from Britain and pay the shipping than it is to purchase the same things in the US.
    Rick

credit must be given to a fellow noter for this site but for the life of me, i cant remember who it was! *thanks anyways!

feel free to surf to find your fall/winter 2005 turf

www.men.style.com

sCoTt

Thanks for the link sCOtt.

UK noters may have spotted that M&S have relaunched the Mens Autograph range this Autumn with designs by Timothy Everest and Nigel Hall - shoes by Oliver Sweeney. More branches will stock the range too. Looks OK.

Trot

This season's ins are classic and very elegant looks. It feels like men's fashion is at its best. Argyle sweater with a (velvet) sports jacket over is key look for coming days...

Quote Originally Posted by bilba
    This season's ins are classic and very elegant looks. It feels like men's fashion is at its best. Argyle sweater with a (velvet) sports jacket over is key look for coming days...

Sounds great bilba! I have also noted a move towards 'fruits of the forest' colours, which I love. Also paisley making a big come back.

Be welcomed to read a few words more on the subject:
    http://www.mensflair.com/news-trends...er-fashion.php

I think clasic is always "in":-) and in men fashion, it's not about trends (unless you prefer D2 style:-P), but about the details.

So it's a come back of tuxedo's, smocking's elements in men jkts, black, mixed with sporty things. Nylon is in again (CdG, Prada). The cut is eitheir very thin (CdG, DH) or very loose (Raf Simons). Checks are in too:-P.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

The colour purple was huge , here anyways.

MMM

Scarves seem very big at the moment - reminds me a bit of the early 80s when you had to wear a scarf with everything and never take it off!

Trot

I gotta say, the whole velvet sportscoat is soplayed out. its one of those quirky things that looks cool on the first guy you see it on, but once its in GQ, DETAILS, MENS HEALTH, CARGO et al and you see seven versions at every bar, it just looks goofy.

I agree that paisly is where its at though, a nice lux departure from Dior Homme severity.