Code of Conduct

Thread: Tall and Lanky

Default Tall and Lanky

I'm about 6'1'' with a small build about 145 lbs. I have a terrible time finding shirts/sweaters/tops etc that fit me well. My torso is size small around but most smalls i find are either too short in length or the sleeves are too short. Know of any clothing companies that are more sympathetic for skinny/tall people.

Default Re: Tall and Lanky

??? No, not really. Depending on how you're proportioned, a weight gain over the next few years, could really help to solve some of this problem. In the meantime, if you need to buy a suit . . . go to a place like Brooks Brothers, that allows you to buy one size for the jacket, and another for the trousers. That may help, but you'll still need some alterations. If a desire to put on a few pounds, exisits, you might want to try some of the 'nutritional supplements,' like Ensure or Boost.

um yeah. eat more. i used to be that way in high school -- really, really skinny. since college started i've been working out and eating alot more. i think i've gained about 15lbs since then and the thing is i'm not worried at all cuz now i look 'normal' and healthy as oppsed to rail thin likei was before.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Well, if you're willing, you could buy something a few sizes too big and then send it to a tailor for alteration. Those tailors can alter quite a lot I'm told. But, perhaps you wanna check first with a tailor about possible alterations before making a purchase.

6 foot 1 and 145 pounds. That sounds like a male models bod. SO basically stick to designer wear. Gucci, Christain Dior. Most models have about your weight and height and again you might want to try a tailor what thats very pricey

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    6 foot 1 and 145 pounds. That sounds like a male models bod. SO basically stick to designer wear. Gucci, Christain Dior. Most models have about your weight and height and again you might want to try a tailor what thats very pricey
    ??? I don't know, are models that thin, now? I pictured them around 165 pounds at least. Maybe I'm wrong. You are right about the Hedi Slimane, Dior line . . . that's what prompted Karl Lagerfeld to go on his crash diet. Tom Ford's Gucci things were also, very narrowly cut . . . same with Rive Gauche. I tried on a few things of his . . . nothing fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    ??? ÊI don't know, are models that thin, now? ÊI pictured them around 165 pounds at least. ÊMaybe I'm wrong. ÊYou are right about the Hedi Slimane, Dior line . . . that's what prompted Karl Lagerfeld to go on his crash diet. ÊTom Ford's Gucci things were also, very narrowly cut . . . same with Rive Gauche. ÊI tried on a few things of his . . . nothing fit. Ê
    European models differ greatly with American models there around 145 to 160 pounds and around the 6 foot 1 height. There fairly thin with a muscular build. and good luck with the clothes

Thanks, nsamadi . . . I didn't think American male models, were that skinny. As for the clothes, forget it. I'll stick to Armani. He suits me, just fine. And, as for you: good luck, with Britney! 8)

thanks alot and about britney, thats just my gf posting under my name of this broad. She likes to start topics herself, anyways with armani i only like his emporio armani label, I got his optical glasses and a couple of underwear shirts from him but with the armani label I just don't like the fit. Diesel's good for jeans and shoes, nice styles and fit. For layering I go for gap and dkny. Gucci and YSL are becoming my fav but anyways got to go so good luck