Code of Conduct

Thread: Tall and Lanky

Default Tall and Lanky

I'm about 6'1'' with a small build about 145 lbs. I have a terrible time finding shirts/sweaters/tops etc that fit me well. My torso is size small around but most smalls i find are either too short in length or the sleeves are too short. Know of any clothing companies that are more sympathetic for skinny/tall people.

Default Re: Tall and Lanky

??? No, not really. Depending on how you're proportioned, a weight gain over the next few years, could really help to solve some of this problem. In the meantime, if you need to buy a suit . . . go to a place like Brooks Brothers, that allows you to buy one size for the jacket, and another for the trousers. That may help, but you'll still need some alterations. If a desire to put on a few pounds, exisits, you might want to try some of the 'nutritional supplements,' like Ensure or Boost.

um yeah. eat more. i used to be that way in high school -- really, really skinny. since college started i've been working out and eating alot more. i think i've gained about 15lbs since then and the thing is i'm not worried at all cuz now i look 'normal' and healthy as oppsed to rail thin likei was before.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Well, if you're willing, you could buy something a few sizes too big and then send it to a tailor for alteration. Those tailors can alter quite a lot I'm told. But, perhaps you wanna check first with a tailor about possible alterations before making a purchase.

6 foot 1 and 145 pounds. That sounds like a male models bod. SO basically stick to designer wear. Gucci, Christain Dior. Most models have about your weight and height and again you might want to try a tailor what thats very pricey

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    6 foot 1 and 145 pounds. That sounds like a male models bod. SO basically stick to designer wear. Gucci, Christain Dior. Most models have about your weight and height and again you might want to try a tailor what thats very pricey
    ??? I don't know, are models that thin, now? I pictured them around 165 pounds at least. Maybe I'm wrong. You are right about the Hedi Slimane, Dior line . . . that's what prompted Karl Lagerfeld to go on his crash diet. Tom Ford's Gucci things were also, very narrowly cut . . . same with Rive Gauche. I tried on a few things of his . . . nothing fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    ??? I don't know, are models that thin, now? I pictured them around 165 pounds at least. Maybe I'm wrong. You are right about the Hedi Slimane, Dior line . . . that's what prompted Karl Lagerfeld to go on his crash diet. Tom Ford's Gucci things were also, very narrowly cut . . . same with Rive Gauche. I tried on a few things of his . . . nothing fit.
    European models differ greatly with American models there around 145 to 160 pounds and around the 6 foot 1 height. There fairly thin with a muscular build. and good luck with the clothes

Thanks, nsamadi . . . I didn't think American male models, were that skinny. As for the clothes, forget it. I'll stick to Armani. He suits me, just fine. And, as for you: good luck, with Britney! 8)

thanks alot and about britney, thats just my gf posting under my name of this broad. She likes to start topics herself, anyways with armani i only like his emporio armani label, I got his optical glasses and a couple of underwear shirts from him but with the armani label I just don't like the fit. Diesel's good for jeans and shoes, nice styles and fit. For layering I go for gap and dkny. Gucci and YSL are becoming my fav but anyways got to go so good luck