Code of Conduct

Default Liquid Tommy, Karl Hilfiger

Just heard it on tv, Tommy Hilfiger, who is not the owner of his own brand anymore, is buying the house KarlLagerfeld. :-/

Default Re: Liquid Tommy, Karl Hilfiger

:-/ That does seem curious. To be honest, when I think of Karl Lagerfeld, I think of Chanel. BTW: have you sniffed Liquid Karl?

I bought Liquid Karl on impulse. I haven«t worn it since, it«s a really interesting scent though. Just not suitable for wearing...
    Smells exactly like freshly baked cardamom bread covered with chocolate. Very avant-garde, totally in the vein of Commes de Garcons stuff.

/mmm

:-/ Thanks, Matt . . . I'll let Liquid Karl, go. I get hungry enough, without smelling food on my skin . . .

NEW YORK and PARIS, December 13, 2004 ö Tommy Hilfiger Corporation (NYSE:TOM) and Karl Lagerfeld today announced an agreement under which Tommy Hilfiger Corporation will acquire the trademarks of Karl Lagerfeld for an undisclosed cash amount. The transaction includes Lagerfeld Galleries and other Lagerfeld collections. In connection with the transaction, the parties have also entered into a long-term contract with Mr. Lagerfeld to continue to design and provide creative direction for Mr. Lagerfeldās brands. The acquisition does not include Mr. Lagerfeldās agreements with Chanel and Fendi.

Tommy Hilfiger Corporation and Mr. Lagerfeld plan to build Mr. Lagerfeldās brands on a worldwide basis. Their union is expected to draw upon the reputation of Mr. Lagerfeld as one of the worldās most successful and visible fashion designers, and the experience and global infrastructure of Tommy Hilfiger Corporation. Mr. Lagerfeldās collections are currently in a start-up phase, and consist of a womenās and a licensed menās collection. They are distributed within select European and Asian markets.

As part of the global expansion plan, Mr. Lagerfeldās brands will be developed within the U.S., particularly through the upscale department and specialty store channels. The goal is also to expand the distribution of Mr. Lagerfeldās womenās and menās collections geographically, and pursue opportunities for growth across multiple categories.

David Dyer, President and Chief Executive Officer of Tommy Hilfiger Corporation, stated, ćThis acquisition is an important first step in our long-term strategy of building a multi-brand portfolio of businesses. The Karl Lagerfeld name has tremendous cachet. We believe this opportunity will provide an exciting, new growth platform within the upscale apparel segment and complement our existing business. Since the Lagerfeld business is currently in its start-up phase, we expect that the acquisition will be somewhat dilutive to the Companyās near-term results. However, we see Mr. Lagerfeldās brands as contributing significantly to revenue and earnings over the long term.ä

Tommy Hilfiger, Honorary Chairman and Principal Designer, added, ćKarl is a true inspiration. Designing for the worldās most prestigious collections, he has continuously set the benchmark for style, creativity and sophistication. Karl will continue to have autonomy in executing his vision on a global scale, while benefiting from a supportive partner. We look forward to the many opportunities ahead.ä

Mr. Lagerfeld noted, ćIn choosing a partner to expand my business, I was looking for a company that has built a business on a global basis, and possesses the infrastructure and resources to make our vision for the Lagerfeld brand become a reality. I have been impressed with David, Tommy and their team, and I look forward to working together on exciting new initiatives.ä