Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1

    Default Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Are you picky about your tee shirts? I am. I've always preferred a Lands'End, Super Tee. They feel a little lighter to me as of late, but this could be my imagination. Overall, I've found the Super Tee to last for years, before becoming my favorite dust rag. What's your favorite tee shirt brand? And, why?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    I am t-shirt fanatic!! Living down in the south that's pretty much all I wear (top-wise) and it's definitely the choice clothing of most people here, I probably buy on an average anywhere between 5 and 10 tees a month (not counting your basic underwear tees like Hanes and Fruit). The brand that fits me best is Buffalo, I like the fit, fabrics, colours and designs, I own probably dozens of their tshirts. Ben Sherman tees are probably my second favourite, especially the vintage series. Gap is probably my most used/bought brand for basics and layering - the fit is hit or miss but the pricing is very affordable. I also am quite partial to Guess tshirts (especially the pinup girls series - but their fit can be extremely uneven), I like Itsus for designs (but not prices), as well as Republic Clothing and Soul Rebel.

    On the other side I absolutely detest generic department store brand tees - Polo/Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Izod, most of DKNY & CK and such.

    cheers,
    maksidrom

  3. #3

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Thanks for all that great, info! Trust me, tee shirts get a LOT of wear up north, too . . .

    BTW: you forgot the Lands'End, Super Tee. Something tells me you might hate that one, too?? :-))

  4. #4

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    LOL, never heard of it/them.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Aw, you're just being nice! BTW: I'm 49 years old, give me a break! :-))

  6. #6

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    I've worn a lot of t-shirts, but nothing has even come close to Patagonia capilene tees IMHO.

    http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTI...;promo_cat_id=

  7. #7

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    I've worn a lot of t-shirts, but nothing has even come close to Patagonia capilene tees IMHO.

    http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTI...;promo_cat_id=
    Thanks for that info and for the link!! Suddenly I feel soooooo humble in my little, Lands'End, Super Tee!! :-))

  8. #8

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octothorpe
    I've worn a lot of t-shirts, but nothing has even come close to Patagonia capilene tees IMHO.

    http://www.patagonia.com/za/PDC?OPTI...;promo_cat_id=
    Nice user friendly website! THANKS!

    AZTEC

  9. #9

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    No problem. ;D

  10. #10

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Doesn't ANYBODY else, like the simple, inexpensive, long wearing and colorfast, Lands'End Super Tee?
    :-/

  11. #11

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Marks and Spencer makes incredibly soft white cotton tees - my favorite! Will have to check Patagonia and Land's End!

    marlen
    japan/usa

  12. #12

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Thanks for mentioning my favorite, Marlen! I still say that for the money, a Lands'End Super Tee, is great!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by maksidrom
    I am t-shirt fanatic!! Living down in the south that's pretty much all I wear (top-wise) and it's definitely the choice clothing of most people here, I probably buy on an average anywhere between 5 and 10 tees a month (not counting your basic underwear tees like Hanes and Fruit). The brand that fits me best is Buffalo, I like the fit, fabrics, colours and designs, I own probably dozens of their tshirts. Ben Sherman tees are probably my second favourite, especially the vintage series. Gap is probably my most used/bought brand for basics and layering - the fit is hit or miss but the pricing is very affordable. I also am quite partial to Guess tshirts (especially the pinup girls series - but their fit can be extremely uneven), I like Itsus for designs (but not prices), as well as Republic Clothing and Soul Rebel.

    On the other side I absolutely detest generic department store brand tees - Polo/Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Nautica, Izod, most of DKNY & CK and such.

    cheers,
    maksidrom
    Agree with most of this, though I do like the current lineup from RL Polo.  Every 3-4 years or so, they come out with a line that's grunge / Northwoods enough that I feel like I've gotta buy everything in the grouping.

    But, aside from the run-of-the-mill stuff, my favorite Tee's are the ones purchased on vacation.....stuff that's not generic, not run-of-the-mill.  Favs are from hole-in-the-wall bars in:

    Key West http://secure.floridakeys.com/stores...63&CATID=6

    St John's
    www.skinnylegs.com

    http://www.margaritavillestore.com/b...fm/4,1338.html

    Cheers,
    Jim



  14. #14
    Explorator Dumpsterorum
    Ezhno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    338

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Hm. Thanks for all the great T-shirt links... 8)

    Here in Elephant's Breath, Arkansas we're pretty much limited to what Sugg's General Store has to offer! For the last fifty years or so -- this little number seems to be real popular. They're durable and can really soak up a lot of spilled Budweiser when you go to sleep watchin' the teevee!

  15. #15

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Well, thank you, Ezhno! Burp. :-X

  16. #16

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    American Apparel makes a lot of the blank tees used by some of those trendy tee makin companies. I know they are used by 2K, Ubiquity, and kdorable.com. If you want regular blank shirts that are form fitting, feel real comfortable, and made sweatshop free, then check out www.americanapparel.com. They are a bit more expensive than their Hanes or Fruit of the Loom counterparts, but are well worth it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Thanks DJ . . . but I'm 49 years old. I look good for my age, but I have passed . . . the formfitting stage. Doesn't anybody like my Lands'End, super tee? It's reasonably priced, color fast, doesn't shrink, and it lasts a long, long time. Nerdy, I know . . . but so am I. :P

  18. #18

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Capone
    American Apparel makes a lot of the blank tees used by some of those trendy tee makin companies.  I know they are used by 2K, Ubiquity, and kdorable.com.  If you want regular blank shirts that are form fitting, feel real comfortable, and made sweatshop free, then check out www.americanapparel.com.  They are a bit more expensive than their Hanes or Fruit of the Loom counterparts, but are well worth it.  
    thank you! i've been wearing these tees for about 3 years now. and they are the best. just the right amount of thinness and they shrink up perfectly.

    in my opinion their way better than those 'designer' tees like james perse, C&C, juicy etc. i bought a james perse off at a last call sale, not anything to rave about. a tshirt is a tshirt, and if you gotta spend $49 on a plain tshirt you got a very high maintenance body.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Hi Sbbbjm . . . the Lands' End Super Tee sells for twelve dollars.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    Hi Sbbbjm . . . the Lands' End Super Tee sells for twelve dollars.  
    Being even more mature, I like a tee shirt that has a highish neck - that is my main criterion and most fail to meet it.

    To me Lands End is a rather remote part of the British Isles!

    Trot

  21. #21

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Hi Trot . . . I'll send you a Lands' End catalogue, for Xmas.

  22. #22

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    I wear mostly Benetton and Sisley plain Ts. I think they have quite nice, soft cotton and it's basic. It's pitty Benetton doesn't sell men clothes anymore in Poland. Two of the Sisley Ts have unfinished neck, just very "me":-)

    I have just got a CdG Perfums pink T with prints :-) from 2000 when they opened their parfum shop in Paris. I think Comme could be my fav. too if they were not so pricey:-P The quality is fab. tho, they have double overlocked finishing on seams.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  23. #23

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Yes, but isn't Comme des Garcons always doing something . . . off center with their things? These tee shirts . . . are both sleeves the same length? Is everything hemmed, or are some parts left 'undone.'?

  24. #24

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    Yes, but isn't Comme des Garcons always doing something . . . off center with their things?  These tee shirts . . . are both sleeves the same length?  Is everything hemmed, or are some parts left 'undone.'?
    The pink one is "normal":-) and the prints are very typical Comme. I wish I had the "unormal" indeed:-P

    http://img149.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/u...t_1_edited.jpg


    I also have a CdG Shirt line T with an added piece of jeans material on the front, off center to the left:-P, some "rose" stitching and a word "Love" in ink (sumi ink I wish:-). It is dryclean only, hehe. Don't wear it very often.
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  25. #25

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Hey, I'm sure these things look good on you, or you wouldn't buy them. But picture this, on me. I'm 49 years old. Once I tried on a Comme des Garcons jacket . . . took me a couple of minutes, just to figure out how to take it off the hanger. Then I couldn't tell which side was front and which was back. Both sides seemed to button into each other. I felt like a contortionist, trying to see how the thing, fit. In any case . . . I let it go. Was fun, to try it, though. Once, I did see a Comme jacket that looked 'okay.' I was going to try it on, then I noticed some unfinished fabric hanging from the back. No go. I've got enough, hanging from the back . . .

  26. #26

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    You are right:-) Comme makes "shabby" jkts sometimes. And unfinished hems are their most "normal" things, hehe.

    Anyway Rei Kawakubo (of CdG) said that "the "inner" is more important than the outside". That's it:-P
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  27. #27

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Oh yes, Rei and I go way back. But at my age, no matter how much I exercise, my 'innards' have become my 'outtards.' These things are for good looking young people. My little Lands' End Super Tee, is just right for me.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Oh come on:-)
    It's the clothes must fit you. You look good when you feel good, don't you:-)
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  29. #29

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    Oh come on:-)
    It's the clothes must fit you. You look good when you feel good, don't you:-)
    Yes, of course . . . and don't get me wrong: for MY AGE, I am in good shape. I still wear a 38 regular. Same size I wore, in college. But I'm still 49. And at this age, I like everything very loose. Not baggy, but loose. I never wore tight clothes, even when I was young. You're absolutely right: you feel good if your clothes fit the way you want them to fit. For me, that's loose.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Get your point :-)

    But I think that the CdG stuffs are cut loose. Slightly oversized except for the Shirt line this year perhaps.

    I have the opposite probl. I can't find the S size here:-) I am 46. So I always look abit more baggy than I would like to, hehe.

    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  31. #31

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by nqth
    Get your point :-)

    But I think that the CdG stuffs are cut loose. Slightly oversized except for the Shirt line this year perhaps.

    I have the opposite probl. I can't find the S size here:-) I am 46. So I always look abit more baggy than I would like to, hehe.
    Enjoy your CdG tee shirts, nqth!! I hope you find some with jeans fabric, just where you want it. You say you're a size 46. Is that like an American, 36?? I think so . . . that would be about as small as men's jackets, get. Guess what: in some brands, I can fit into that, too!

  32. #32

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Thank you:-)

    I do wish I were a bit "bigger", like 48. There are a lot of stuffs in reduced prices in that size, esp. from Yoox. Life is much easier when you are "in the middle", hehe.

    Anyway I am doing some "recutting" with my jeans and tshirts too. Kind of cutting a T into two halves and sewing them together in other ways:-P
    http://blogsorbeta.blox.pl: CdG Series 8 Energy
    (Oct. 3rd).

  33. #33

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    Quote Originally Posted by mgarisbn
    Oh yes, Rei and I go way back.  But at my age, no matter how much I exercise, my 'innards' have become my 'outtards.'  These things are for good looking young people.    My little Lands' End Super Tee, is just right for me.  
    When CdG team up with Fred Perry to produce a very wearable Shirt then this often difficult-to-wear brand becomes accessible even to me (older than mgarisbn!).
    Trot ;D

  34. #34
    Why So Serious?
    HackerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,436

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    any t-shirt from wal-mart. Joking.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

  35. #35

    Default Re: Who makes your favorite tee shirt?

    I prefer Stussy (or Stüssy) Tees. They fit perfectly, their color does not fade, they stay in shape and they never go out of style. That's for printed tees. The best simple tees I know come from Hanes and Schiesser (try www.schiesser.de, no mailorder). Schiesser's microfibre tees are the most comfortable ones I know.

Similar Threads

  1. Fragrance Questionnaire
    By Sorcery of Scent in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 24th November 2007, 12:36 PM
  2. Can we talk about....your favourite fragance
    By Norfolk in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 19th February 2007, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000