Code of Conduct

Thread: Safari Crash

Default Safari Crash

As mentioned in a post in another forum, certain banner ads are causing Safari to crash.

I'm not able to see which ad is causing the problem, but this page is currently loading the offending ad.

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...49899546/15#15
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem \ Christian Dior Dior Homme \ Creed Himalaya \ Creed Millesime Imperial \ Hermes Terre d'Hermes \ L'Artisan Dzing!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Safari Crash

Hello, Michael,

I run on Safari, too. Does this happen whenever you open a multi-page thread? That was my experience. If I accessed a multi-page thread by clicking on the topic title, I'd often crash. But by clicking on page "1," I'd get the first page and be able to follow along thereafter. I clicked on the link you provided and didn't have a problem.

I just became a supporter this week, and the banner ads have not been turned off for me yet, so I kind of doubt that it's the ads that are the trigger. Good luck!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

In the case of the link I posted, there were 3 pages and the second page would crash. What's also interesting is that the ads on the pages that crash, would not load.

I'll pay attention to it more, but In the case of the multiple page threads, if I get a Safari crash, I usually just skip to the next page.
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem \ Christian Dior Dior Homme \ Creed Himalaya \ Creed Millesime Imperial \ Hermes Terre d'Hermes \ L'Artisan Dzing!

If you assign more memory to your browser and clear out the browser cache, would that help?