Code of Conduct

Default Re: Could it REALLY be this good? UDV RectoVerso

Hello, Marlen!

man, I have UDV Rectoverso Absolute Musk too and I kind of like it, but it seems a bit sweet for me... I wear it sometimes, but prefer Bvlgari pour homme.
    As you are, at least for me, one of the most important nostrils of this site,  I'd be glad if you help me:
    Does this UDV smells like Musk? Is the single Musk note, sweet?
    I'm asking that because of the disparity i found between  this fragrance and Monsieur Musk from houbigant/dana...
    Udv is pretty sweet while Monsieur is sharp and woody in the same style of Aramis...

There is first and foremost a variety of musk types. Apparrently pure musk is very rarely used these days in fragrances, so most musk notes are synthetic approximations. If, for example, we are to believe that the SMN Musk fragrances have not changed since their inception during the Middle Ages, then Musk is generally a bit soapy, a bit bitter, and slightly powdery, but almost always with that sweet edge that most of the musk scents on the market seem to have. Kiehls is somewhat of an exception - not very sweet, and slightly medicinal.

So De Varens Musc is a good interpretation, but the name - "Absolute" - is not really fitting in my opinion.

marlen

thanks, marlen!! ;D

Do you know the notes of UDV Rectoverso Absolute Musk?

Default Could it REALLY be this good? UDV RectoVerso

I bought a bottle of Rectoverso Man TEA AND TOBACCO yesterday and what a surprise! This is absolutley a stunner! The price was.....are you ready for this? $9 US...

It begins with a musty, almost smokey tobacco note, think cured tobacco leaves in the summer sun (hey, I used to live in North Carolina). And then suddenly, this bright, clear, fresh green tea note pops out with a slightly sweet mellow edge and begins to dance with the tobacco note. The two of them constantly vie for attention as the the fragrance settles and then suddenly they merge. Boom! Fresh, light watery notes against earthy, rich cigar! I'm totally enchanted with this scent!

I also have Rectoverso Absolute Musk which is a cross between Kiehls Musk and JPG Le Male - still not sure how to feel about it yet, but I am definitely gonna troll Ebay and the net to find all of these and buy them up. Next two wishlist Rectoverso's are the Women's Mandarin Musk and Sun Sea!

marlen

Quote Originally Posted by scenteur7

I also have Rectoverso Absolute Musk which is a cross between Kiehls Musk and JPG Le Male - still not sure how to feel about it yet, but I am definitely gonna troll Ebay and the net to find all of these and buy them up. Next two wishlist Rectoverso's are the Women's Mandarin Musk and Sun Sea!

marlen
    Well, nice choice... Rectoverso Mandarin Musk and Sun Sea are two great scents. I bought them as gifts for my sister and mom also at around $9. But I bought them at "Buy One Take One" price.... so in essence i got each for $4.50. What a bargain!!! ;D

And the packaging is awsome if I may add.

Lucky! And only $9. I've wanted to try Tea and Tobacco for a while now but it's very hard to find in the States. I'm still keeping my eyes peeled. Glad you found another good one Marlen.

~Clinton

Rectoverso Man Tea and Tobacco used to be a recommendation on the Michael Edwards fragrance advisor. Unfortunately, I've never come across it.

Over the years I've often praised Rectoverso Man Blue Atoll here. It's an excellent summery scent.
    I wasn't too fond of Absolute Musk though, and recently gave it away.
    Renato

Marlen, I told you on the chat! These scents are very good considering the price. My dad has the Mandarin Musk and its a superb scent. To me it smells very much like something Bulgari would put out. Fresh citrussy musk with very nice staying power. The bottles are a little cheap looking unfortunately. Please tell us your further impressions.

Matt