Code of Conduct

Default NEW Viktor & Rolf Antidote (for men).

From NowSmellThis:

Top notes: mint leaves, Italian bergamot, mandarin orange, grapefruit, and Guatemalan cardamom.
    Middle notes: sambac jasmine absolute, French lavender, African geranium, nutmeg, cinnamon bark extract, freesia, orange blossom and violet.
    Base notes: amber, Indonesian patchouli, cistus labdanum absolute, vanilla, iris, sandalwood, Texan white cedar, guaiacum wood, tree moss, leather, white musk and tonka bean.

I thought I noticed some note similarities to Flowerbomb... this sounds like it could be a winner.

The bottle is a rectangular bottle with neon green juice (a la Monsieur de Givenchy, but more modern), while the box is in a similar style to that of Flowerbomb. It should be launching in September at Saks Fifth Avenue in the US.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: NEW Viktor & Rolf Antidote (for men).

WoW! Guatemalan cardamom, cinnamon bark extract, freesia, violets end much more... I'm blown away by the notes!!!
    I look forward to try this one!
    Thanks for the info!

The womens Flowerbomb was my SOTD today and the mens version sounds like it could be awesome. Cant wait till its out.
    Awesomeguy

I think the notes look awful. They're nothing but a grab bag of everything. Note that the topnotes are almost exclusively citruses, the middle notes are almost all (and every) floral, and the basenotes have the grab bag of every possible basenote someone can think to throw in!

Okay, there is no vetiver. A mark against the scent if you ask me for sure, but the absence of vetiver is the exception that proves the rule. Its base has sandalwood, cedar, vanilla, patchouli, tonka, amber, musk, and moss.

Okay, no tobacco, but you get my point.

This thing looks like it just carries everything, and carries all of them in their own proper slots (citrus, floral, base hodgepodge).

Course it might smell good. I'd slice off all the topnote ingredients if this were a Victor and Rolf and Chris creation though.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

That bottle is so plain! It very much a rip off on the cheezey bottles Givenchy is using now. I also think the color should have been a much deep green like antifreeze! No that would have been cool.

sambac jasmine absolute !!??
    I can't imagine this in a men fragrance??!!

where did you see the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by tariq
    sambac jasmine absolute !!??
    I can't imagine this in a men fragrance??!!
    Jasmine is much more used in men fragrances than you can imagine... Just think what would have been Bulgari Black without its powdery sweetness (that many people confuse with vanilla...) or at adg without its floral hint (it would be only salty sourness...). So, pas de merveille!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Jasmine is much more used in men fragrances than you can imagine... Just think what would have been Bulgari Black without its powdery sweetness (that many people confuse with vanilla...) or at adg without its floral hint (it would be only salty sourness...). So, pas de merveille!

I am familiar with 'Jasmine' in Kouros & Boucheron PH & others, but this time it is the 'sambac jasmine absolute' which is 'louder' than 'jasmine' it is more luminous & radiant it give the feminin radiant sensation & lushness in Mugler's Aliene & YSL's Cinema.

Here is finally an image of the bottle that can be used without the fear of lawsuits...

Sounds like Individuel Mont Blanc...
    Complex notes...
    Last edited by m_uberaba; 27th July 2006 at 02:59 PM.

Such a grab bag of notes. It's so chaotic I feel like I have to try it now when it comes out just from curiousity.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    Here is finally an image of the bottle that can be used without the fear of lawsuits...

Do we know yet when this is going to launch in the states? I am really interested in trying this one out.

Also love the ad piece very well done.

It launches internationally in september.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    It launches internationally in september.
    In the US, it will be available exclusively at Saks Fifth Avenue and Nordstrom stores a la Flowerbomb.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

oops.
    Last edited by Trasker; 3rd August 2006 at 03:08 AM.

Kind of a cool video actually. This could be good.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Kind of a cool video actually. This could be good.

I so want a copy of that print ad at the end would be great framed!

have anyone sniffed this, so far?

it is my last hope on 2006 launches.

it looks to me exactly like the Chanel 5 bottle!!!

Does anybody have any updates or news concerning the launch date of "Antidote"? Has anyone been able to sample it and tell us what it smells like?

Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Schuller
    Does anybody have any updates or news concerning the launch date of "Antidote"? Has anyone been able to sample it and tell us what it smells like?
    I went yesterday to Saks as I was told it might be in this week, but it still wasn't in. Maybe next week...

It officially launches at Saks 5th Ave on Sunday Aug 27th.

Chris

I just called Saks in NYC and they have received Antidote. They are taking preorders/presales as the launch date is Sunday the 27th (Chris posted the launch date in a previous post-Thanks Chris!). I live in Arkansas and the closest Saks is in Dallas at the Galleria and they did not have it in yet so I will probably preorder it from NYC.

Question Re: NEW Viktor & Rolf Antidote (for men).

"Viktor Horsting and Rolf Snoeren claim to have come up with a solution for boredom in the men's fragrance world. That's why they called their new scent Antidote. Julie Naughton, WWD"

Let's see if they live up to their promise... :-?
    Last edited by perfectscent; 24th August 2006 at 12:20 AM.

Just got my bottle of Viktor Rolf Antidote. My first impression is that when first applied I get the mint leaves and the orange as the most prominent. However, it turns relatively quickly to a somewhat fresh-sweet vanilla based oriental. The vanilla is very prominent and interacts a bit with the fresher citrus notes in the fragrance for a while and eventually becomes more prominent and takes over. There are other, more woody notes layered under the vanilla – I mostly get the patchouli and sandalwood – so there are certainly more depth to the fragrance than just the vanilla. I sort of feel that “Antidote” sort of echoes Paloma Picasso’s Minotaur. They are by no means identical but have something in common when it comes to the structure and overall feel of the fragrance.

To summarize: “Antidote” is clearly a dreamy oriental type of fragrance. I think by some it will be perceived as too sweet and cloying. Far more romantic that the typical office-wear fragrance. I will give it a “thumbs up”, but I think I need to “test drive’ it some more to give a final judgment. Not that is says muche, but it is for sure way better than Prada's Amber pour homme.

C-Men,

Where did you get your bottle? I sent you a PM also. Thanks!

Schuller

Has anyone picked up Antidote today at Saks? If so, what is your verdict? What is the bottle like?

Thanks,

Schuller

The bottle is identical to the one on the picture that cedriceccentric posted under this topic. A nice touch, not obvious from the picture, is that instead of having a sticker of paper glued to the bottle writing "Antidote, Viktor&Rolf" there is a metal plaque similar to that on the Prada PH bottle (i.e. reading "Amber pour homme" and a list of the ingredients).

I have received some compliments already on this one from women. Although I am barely able to pick up the scent myself a while after applying it (perhaps due to olfactory fatigue), it seems easily detectable by others in your surroundings.

I can't wait....I will have this for sure.
    Gary

Saks now has "Antidote" on their website.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...+Rolf+Antidote

From what I can tell from the pic, I like the bottle . The wax seal and the color of the juice. I'm lookin out for this one , and the new Burberry London,..and,...and.